PDA

View Full Version : Listen to Jauron/Losman talk

ghz in pittsburgh
09-11-2006, 08:50 AM
regarding the 4th and 1 call and the safety.

http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.jsp?file_300=http%3A%2F%2Fplay%2Erbn%2Ecom%2F%3Furl%3Dnfl%2Fnfl%2Fopen%2Fbills%2Fwmdemand%2F06billsfocus%2F091006jauron%2Ewmv%26proto%3Dmms%3Fmswmext%3D%2Easx

Jauron made up his mind way before they got to the 4th and inches situation. This is a coaching staff well prepared for all situations.

On the safety, Losman said he had one-on-one on both sides; he was going to plant his feet, look one way and throw the other way. But as he planted his feet, the first rusher came, he eluded the rusher and was still going to make the play but didn't see the 2nd rusher who came right away.

You can read into his demeanor that this one is on the O-line. I checked the video on bb.com and it looked that way to me. I know we all want Losman to make no mistakes at all, but come on guys, for a guy starting his 9th game in NFL, dodging one pass rusher in a pressure cooking situation is ... not good enough? I let him go on this one.

Oh btw, he mentioned the one on one coverage to Evans did happen in the 2nd half and he was going for tdownfield plays; unfortunately, those were plays he got sacked on. If you guys listened to Marv Levy's WGR55 interview last week, you'll remember he said the biggest concern for him is the O-Line. Granted the O-Line actually played better than most of us think they could, but still not good enough. Just imagine if the O-Line (or Sheldon who wiffed badly) could make a play or two on those two sacks that Losman was going for the bomb to Evans - the Bills would be like Rams in 1999/2000.

ICE74129
09-11-2006, 08:56 AM
and the rest of the game he got rid of the ball very well. Hell even simms was impressed and tried to tell the morons..errrr 'Fans' that him throwing the ball away is a GREAT thing.

Look we have a handfull of flat out morons here that are going to ***** about JP all season. The best thing to do is ignore them

mayotm
09-11-2006, 09:47 AM
EE, not surprised you groaned at Ice's post. You're one of the morons he is referring to. Anybody who didn't see Losman has improved doesn't know a thing about football.

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 09:54 AM
EE is a moron - I think he's going scenile.

I'm about to put his old @$$ on ignore.

ryjam282
09-11-2006, 10:29 AM
I have to agree here. JP did look quite good and was getting the ball out on time and accurately the majority of the day. The O line was holding up most of the game as well. Then when NE started bringing the extra pressure, they just couldn't get it done. I don't care who the QB is if you watch that play on the safety, he had just hit the last step on his drop and had to run for his life forward to escape Banta-Cain and when he did he ran right into Ty Warren for the safety. The Center got absolutely blown backwards on the play. I don't fault him for that play. I was especially encouraged by the teams play and it gives me hope for the rest of the season...I like it.

Kerr
09-11-2006, 01:55 PM
I too kept looking at the replay. JP was one of the brightspots in this game. A qb is only as good as his O-line. In that safety villariel got out muscled by ty warren, period.