PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I see another way we got screwed by the refs...

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 09:37 AM
On Willis McGahee's 4th and 1 run, they gave us the ****tiest spot they possibly could have - he clearly had the first down in my opinion.

I swear, when Terry McCauley comes to ref in Buffalo again, you guys better put some signs up that say "you're in our house now McCauley, you'd best not forget it - ref fair."

This is complete and utter BULL$#!T!!! - People bet on these games, Congress/Senate needs to do some housecleaning in the NFL.

LtBillsFan66
09-11-2006, 09:38 AM
I think it was a good spot. On the replay his knee was clearly down before Willis reached out.

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 09:38 AM
As far as I'm concerned, we beat the patriots - we're 1-0.

The refs beat us, not the pats and since the refs weren't our opponents, we're still 1-0 in my book.

mybills
09-11-2006, 09:39 AM
To me, it looked like they marked it according to when his knee hit.

mybills
09-11-2006, 09:39 AM
I think it was a good spot. On the replay his knee was clearly down before Willis reached out.
oops, didn't see this. I agree.

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 09:40 AM
And as far as the Whitner INT goes?

Am I the only one irritated by the fact that if that had been the Patriots going for it on 4th and 1, and they ran Maroney or Dillon, and the same exact thing happened, you all know the refs would have given them the first down.

This is just absolutely sickening.

mybills
09-11-2006, 09:41 AM
The Whitner one was crap.
The other one was fair.

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Ok, I wish the NFL Network would have shown that part - evidently, they need to cater to Deion's need to run his mouth moreso than provide good coverage.

I can't stand Deion Sanders - if I didn't know anybetter, I'd swear that the guy feels like black athletes in the NFL don't get any respect - which I don't need to tell anyone on here that that too is BS.

L.A. Playa
09-11-2006, 09:42 AM
the officiating in every game was awful, spots of the ball phatom penalties and obvious penalties missed where eveident in every single game I watched this weekend

ICE74129
09-11-2006, 09:43 AM
And for the record...the refs contracts are up soon. Hummm...I wonder....

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 09:44 AM
the only others I heard of or saw were the Colts/Giants, and the Bengals/Chiefs game - that was a bogus hit on Green that gave him a minor concussion.

L.A. Playa
they just signed a new contract before the season started

mybills
Ok, I wish the NFL Network would have shown that part - evidently, they need to cater to Deion's need to run his mouth moreso than provide good coverage.

I can't stand Deion Sanders - if I didn't know anybetter, I'd swear that the guy feels like black athletes in the NFL don't get any respect - which I don't need to tell anyone on here that that too is BS.
I don't like Deion either, cuz he refused to credit JP with anything good while his next comment was all Kudo's for Eli. :rolleyes:

L.A. Playa
09-11-2006, 09:45 AM
the only others I heard of or saw were the Colts/Giants, and the Bengals/Chiefs game - that was a bogus hit on Green that gave him a minor concussion.

Colts Giants had a phantom offensive pass interference call that cost the Giants a 1st down late in the game

LtBillsFan66
09-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Whitner shouldn't have been called. That clearly shows that refs are looking to make calls instead of calling blatent penalties.

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 09:47 AM
And for the record...the refs contracts are up soon. Hummm...I wonder....

Like after this year by chance?

I hope to god in coincides with when our window of opportunity starts to open (which if we didn't get screwed on the Whitner INT call, and the pats not getting $#!T called on them - one could make a strong arguement that it may have already opened).

L.A. Playa
09-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Dallas- Jax game had a Bledsoe intercept called back for no apparent reason

and

NO- Cleve there was a pass that was reviewed and deteremined incomplete when the replay clearly showed it was a completion

The refs even in reviews stunk all across the league

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 09:48 AM
they just signed a new contract before the season started

Man, I did NOT need to read that.

F*** the NFL and it's gay @$$ refs.

Historian
09-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Expect it to continue in Miami.

The league can't have another media darling start off 0-2.

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 09:50 AM
What exactly did Whitner do?

I heard he intercepted, and was on his way to a TD, and the refs called him out of bounds or something while he was en route to the endzone when he clearly didn't step out of bounds.

onceproudbillsfan
09-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah I watched a little bit of the bears packers game and on one play I heard the commentator say boy that sure looked like a bear was holding a packers defensive end and that it was a bad non call. The other commentator said holding happens on every play. Well why dont these refs either start calling it more or dont call it at all. Its like they say well this guy is a veteran so ill let it slide but the rookies and younger players boy those are the ones were going to get. I noticed that Schobel was held a couple of times yesterday that wasnt called. He probably could of had 3 sacks if it werent for all those non calls. I mean what in the world do these refs have to see to make it more clear that when a end has beat his blocker and cant get to the qb because the offensive lineman has ahold of his jersey that they need to get the flag out and throw it?

Jan Reimers
09-11-2006, 10:00 AM
There were at least 5 calls that got my attention:
The McGahee spot.
The spot where the NE receiver was clearly stopped at the 47, but was given the 48.
The inadvertant whistle on Whitner - absolutely unconscionable.
The penalty on Clements during that same play.
The ticky tack foul on Royal later that series that cost us a 1st down.

Not to mention, the New England O line NEVER committed a holding penalty?

NFL officiating is the most shamefully incompetant in all of professional sports.

PcA125
09-11-2006, 10:15 AM
I was unable to see the game live, but from what y'all are saying, we had the calls go against us. However, there is nothing we can do about it except get ready for next week. If the team gets hung up on this they wont be ready for the game next week