Does the gov't. have the legal authority...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Does the gov't. have the legal authority...

to intervene in sporting events (like football) that have some serious SERIOUS circumstantial evidence pointing towards corruption amongst it's officials (IE referees)?

I feel they should be able to intervene in the NFL and should terminate the contracts of all the current refs and bring in a new set of refs - people bet on these games, and by law if you win a certain amount of money through gambling, you have to pay taxes on it - if you have to pay taxes on it, doesn't it entitle you to some kind of assurances that you're gonna lose/win your money fairly?

I also think they should start an inquiry into NFL Executives as well to see if they can't find out who's behind the blatant BS.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Re: Does the gov't. have the legal authority...

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      • Sep 2002

What's so funny?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

UB come on man! We lost fair and square.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          UB come on man! We lost fair and square.
          The Bills got screwed on some calls, but the bottom line of Marv's philosophy of winning is run and stop the run, the Bills ran well in 1st half, but ran crappy in the 2nd half and they never stopped NE from running the ball

If the Bills would have stopped the run then they would have won the game

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            • Sep 2002

that's not what I'm hearing...

Explain to me how the Pats had only 1 freakin' penalty - no team is that disciplined.

Someone made a post that Schobel should have had like 3 sacks but didn't because he was being held by the tackle that was supposed to be blocking him the other 2 times he got by him.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
              that's not what I'm hearing...

Explain to me how the Pats had only 1 freakin' penalty - no team is that disciplined.

Someone made a post that Schobel should have had like 3 sacks but didn't because he was being held by the tackle that was supposed to be blocking him the other 2 times he got by him.
              While I'm not blaming our defeat on the officiating, or propounding a conspiracy theoty, several key calls - spots and penalties - went against us. And their O line never holds? Unbelievable.

NFL officiating is, at the very least, grossly incompetent.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
              X