• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FinFaninBuffalo
    Registered Fish
    • Aug 2006

The real reason the Bills lost

They only played 15 minutes of offense and 30 minutes of defense.

After scoring on their first two drives. The offense laid a goose egg for the rest of the game. After a solid first half, the defense didn't hold up in the second half. Defensively they struggled against the run, but did a great job controlling Brady and the passing offense.

Here are the drive charts from the second quarter on. Four 3 and outs, three drives of negative yardage, five out of seven drives netted less than 10 yards. Only 1 decent drive in 3 quarters of action. For comparison, the Patriots had 3 drives of 11 or more plays in the second half.

I give the Bills an A+ in the first quarter and a D for the rest of the game.

08:581:37BUF 2034Punt
    06:331:13BUF 313-3Punt
    03:082:12BUF 18624Punt
    15:005:36BUF 241069Downs
    02:521:47BUF 423-3Punt
    09:331:00BUF 93-9Safety
    08:141:59BUF 4442Punt
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: The real reason the Bills lost

I will agree with this.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

4:46 of the last 25 minutes.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Both the O and D are works in progress. It'll take time but I'm optimistic.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

09:246:32NE 71293Touchdown
          01:056:32NE 231463Field Goal
          08:330:19NE 3410Interception
          06:156:15NE 251153End of Game

The defense showed signs in the 1st half but couldnt stopt the run at all in the 2nd half, lets hope TKO isnt hurt bad and his presence will help change this the Pats had 4 drives in the second half and held the ball for well over 19 minutes after the failed 4th and 1

Thats what lost the game, the defense and offense looks better lets hope they improve every week

Comment

• M
            • Aug 2006

Agreed!! Our run D was a problem last year - hopefully it will get better as the season progresses. And I'd like to see some of Jauron's "chunk" plays especially the deep ball ........ Did we even try any against the Pats?
            Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
              Registered Fish
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              Both the O and D are works in progress. It'll take time but I'm optimistic.
              I think they will continue to improve (hopefully not til after next week). The trouble spots are still OL and DL. Fowler got blown up on several occasions yesterday.

Next week I expect the Bills to go after Miami's secondary. They are still not completely in sync. If they score early, they will try to wear down Miami's defense like the Steelers did.

When Miami has the ball, it will be interesting to see which unit improves on their first week performance (Miami's run blocking or Buffalo's run stopping).

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

There were lots of contributing factors to the Bills' loss, and that is one of them.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                X