PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on yesterdays game.

ICE74129
09-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Didn't get to see it until I got home and looked at the tape. (coaches meetings). I got text updates throughout the game though :-)

I read here then went and watched tape. A few things....

1) A handful here are just flat stupid, or intentionally trying to piss the good and smart posters off. I suggest that those handfull be put on ignore, I know I have done so. You know who they are, its obvious.

2) We gave the pats everything they could handle yesterday. EVERY Bills fan should feel jacked about the possibilites of this season.

3) we have MAJOR issues still in run defense. Now on that note, NE is fielding (what many feel) is their best OL from tackle to tackle that they have had since BB started there.

4) Pass rush is really starting to come on.

5) Whitner and KO are going to be a hell of a tanem someday.

6) The OL blows. Marv was right on his show that the OL was a concern.

7) JP is no longer a major issue on this team. Time to give it a rest. Billy B has made peyton manning and many more experienced and 'Better' QB's look really bad. JP did VERY well all things considered.

8) the safety is on COACHING. first off NEVER call a play that requires a 5-7 step drop that close to the goal line esp on the road. Also the OL blew. on JP's 5th step (plan foot) he had a guy on him.

9) Willis is still a non factor. A train out performed him and it was because of the EFFORT A train was putting out.

10) clements and Willis both look like they are playing not to get hurt so they can get a big pay day.

Lastly, Overall I am damn impressed. This team honestly shocked me with the way they slugged it out with NE, esp in their own house. YES the refs screwed us and YES it helped with the outcome. Not as much as not being able to stop the run though.

If we continue to improve and put forth this type of effort...the playoffs are NOT out of the question.