• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Let's all criticize NFL Officiating...

on our Myspace sites.

If I had the resources, I'd also start a website with the intentions of getting the attention of NFL Fans everywhere who are also unhappy with the way football games are being reffed.

I'm gonna go change my myspace site right now - this crap is ruining the game.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Re: Let's all criticize NFL Officiating...

Comment

• dolphan117
      • Dec 2005

It was really bad this weekend wanst it? I'm not going to blame us loosing on Thursday on the refs but the game was very badly officiated on both sides, same thing last night with the Colts Giants game. That offensive PI call on the Giants late in the 4th was just awfull.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
        That site isn't anything yet...

Let me know if someone does something with it, I'll definitely sign their online petition.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Its available for purchase... that is why I posted it.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
            on our Myspace sites.

If I had the resources, I'd also start a website with the intentions of getting the attention of NFL Fans everywhere who are also unhappy with the way football games are being reffed.

I'm gonna go change my myspace site right now - this crap is ruining the game.
            Go get em, Sparticus!

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Every year, I'm thinking the NFL will either give these guys more training or make them full time, forcing them to train or making them younger and faster overall.

It's just not the Bills games but every game. I saw some phantom calls that defied explanation this pre-season and opening week. I've also witnessed blatant calls right in front of the zebras which don't get called. If they start becoming key turning points in the outcome, then the focus is off the players and directly of these part time fools.

Moss caught a ball for the Raiders, runs out of bounds and barely flipped the ball to the Chargers kicker. They call him for 15 yards. THAT deserves a flag ? It was NOTHING ! But blatant holding gets ignored.

The Whitner INT gets whistled while in bounds. Schobel is dragged down from behind on the play but they catch Clements barely touching a guy from behind on the return. It didn't lose us the game but just makes you shake your ahead.

They never were this bad years back. If the new athletes are too fast for these mostly 50 something and older guys, then get younger overall and make them full time.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

I think the NFL wants the fans of Buffalo to get so frustrated they eventually give up on the team. Which then sees declining ticket sales and considerably less revenue, which then guarentees the Bills leave Buffalo for greener pastures.

The NFL won't force Buffalo's hand, they'll make it seem like it was the lack of support, and capitalize on it by moving the team to a much richer market to the gratification of the Jones' and the Snyders' etc...

Serioulsy how many of us could tough out season after season of bad calls and missed oppportunites. They'll slowly break whatever spirit we have left and then rip our hearts out as they've planned all along.

How's that for a conspiracy theory.

Personally I haven't seen all of this bad stuff people have been complaining about, but if it's happening I'm sure people could take videos of the game and highlight the obvious misses and then get them circulated, oh wait there is no unauthorized re-distribution without the full written consent of the NFL.

God knows ESPN won't be stepping on any NFL toes, they might accidentally kneel on some NFL toes while there going down on the NFL, but they won't be pointing out any NFL miscues for the benefit of the smaller markets.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Lets put it another way.

How often do you notice the zebras during the college games, compared to the NFL ?
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

I used to say "I'm a fan of the NFL" but I am not able to say that any more...the officiating just plain makes me sick all around the league. I'm convinced now that they don't even see many of the calls they make...they just see some indication there may have been a foul and they call one. That is what happened in the Giants game above that GAVE the game to INDY as the Giants would have won had that bs call not been made. The damn superbowl was handed to Pitt last year! It's so bad...that in the offseason the NFL made a rule change:

We're only going to be calling holding this year when we see it...if we don't see it we aren't going to call it.

Due to this, I will not buy tickets. I will not purchase NFL sunday ticket. I will not purchase any merchandise. All of these things I have done in the past. I love the game...but it's being destroyed by the NFL.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

The best officiating took place when the replacement refs were in charge a few seasons back.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

Jan, Billsology and some of the other guys who have been around a long while can tell you that this isn't exactly new--we've seen it before.

Back when Don Shula and Miami's GM (Joe Thomas?, I think) were both on the NFL committee that oversees the referees at the same time, Miami led the league in getting the fewest penalties year after year after year (it was ridiculous how many years in a row they had the least and were amongst the three lowest in fewest penalties). After their GM left the committee, they started getting more penalties and after Shula left, suddenly they were getting penalties called on them at the same rate as everyone else. Funny thing about that. You can call it a coincidence if you want or not, but.....

I think that there are a lot of reasons why the refereeing is so bad, but I also think that there is some prejudice that factors into it along the way. It isn't all or always about prejudice, but I do think that it is an element in some cases and instances.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                        X