PDA

View Full Version : A-Train

mchurchfie
09-11-2006, 02:46 PM
He looked good out there yesterday. I wish he would have been in there for that 4th down call that failed. I am sure he would have at least been interested enough in the game to realize it was 4th down and would have had a little more urgency than McGahee in his effort to convert it successfully .

Mitchy moo
09-11-2006, 02:49 PM
I thought the same thing, A train to the station.

jamze132
09-11-2006, 04:57 PM
I think they will call his number the next time they really need to move the ball 3 damn feet!

YardRat
09-11-2006, 05:05 PM
I agree. McGahee certainly didn't help enhance his image as a 'money back' with that carry. Put in Thomas next time.

M
09-11-2006, 06:34 PM
I loved the signing of the A-Train. I'm hoping to see A LOT more......

BILLSROCK1212
09-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Lionel Gates anyone?

BAM
09-11-2006, 07:43 PM
The duo of Willis & Train excites me. He did indeed look good out there in his few opportunities.

Billsrock4life
09-11-2006, 08:30 PM
He looked good out there yesterday. I wish he would have been in there for that 4th down call that failed. I am sure he would have at least been interested enough in the game to realize it was 4th down and would have had a little more urgency than McGahee in his effort to convert it successfully .

yeah i was thinking the same thing 2....the ref gave us a bad spot in my opinion

BADTHINGSMAN
09-11-2006, 11:36 PM
I honestly didnt think Atrain had a shot at making the roster, but I admit, he did look during the game..

LifetimeBillsFan
09-12-2006, 06:54 AM
I think A-Train is more suited to power running in that situation where you want your RB to hit the line fast and with momentum--especially given the way Thomas was running on Sunday and the way that McGahee seemed to be dancing at times waiting for an opening--and actually wondered if they might put him in there for that play.

I'm not as down on McGahee as a lot of people are, but I think there are times and situations, especially when A-Train is looking good, when Thomas would be a better option to run the play than Willis. That 4th and 1 play was one of those situations. It will be interesting to see if the coaching staff will ultimately decide to go with A-Train in those situations and how Willis will respond if they do.

Even though Willis is a big back now, if you recall his college days, he ran more like a smaller, shifty runner who jukes and cuts a lot to find the hole and then uses his speed to get through it. I think McGahee knows that he can't get away with doing that now that he is in the NFL, but I think that there are times in games--when the offensive line isn't giving him a lot of big holes--when Willis forgets that and that dancing style that he had when he was younger, but that he is now too big and (relatively) slow to get away with on this level. I don't know if it was due to his ankle (he was running pretty well before tweaking it) or the fact that the line wasn't consistently getting him holes, but in the second half Willis started dancing and, as a result, wasn't hitting the line with the same authority that he was in the first half.

A-Train is a straight-line runner who goes straight into the line as hard as he can and always has been. A-Train's style makes him dependent on his offensive line to get him a hole, he can't find the hole or cutback and find an opening like Willis can, but, if you run him straight into the line, he will hit it hard whether there is a hole there or not and, if there is a hole or a crease, he will hit it with authority, as we all saw with his TD run against the Pats.

Whatever you think of Willis or A-Train, at some point, though, the Bills offensive line has to consistently do a better job of moving the opposition's defensive linemen and creating holes for them to run through, especially in key situations when the defense is geared up to stop the run as it was on that 4th and 1.

Earthquake Enyart
09-12-2006, 06:56 AM
People please. A Train ran the ball 3 times. He's not the next Earl Campbell.

HAMMER
09-12-2006, 07:37 AM
People please. A Train ran the ball 3 times. He's not the next Earl Campbell.

Neither is McHeartless.