PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: 184 yards rushingbla bla...

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Forked from: 184 yards rushing (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1634335)

Blame the zebras, blame 4th and 1, and blame JP for the safety.

No matter who, or what you blame, we aren't going to win ANY games with that stat every week.

Remember, New England isn't known as a great running offense, this problem needs to get solved fast.

Yeah, I'm not denying that we need to shore up our run D, but this team has definitely improved - look at the turnover battle - if you withheld the score from any former coach, and just showed them the rest of the game stats (first downs, etc...) I'd bet you most would have said we won that game - all things being equal of course - but the pats are obviously not equal to anyone in the rest of the league's eyes.

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 03:33 PM
My point is, this team has come a long way in a short time.

jamze132
09-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Well I would attribute this weeks defensive performance to jitters and over-excitement. I doubt anyone will run for that many yards againts us again this year. Anyone who watched the game can also tell that Maroney is the real deal. They have a damn good duo there. And Spikes being out most of the game didn't help either. The problem with the missed tackles will be over emphasized all week and practice and we should see some improvement in Miami next week. At least we only have to really gameplan for one RB.

YardRat
09-11-2006, 05:21 PM
I expect them to get better. A lot better.

Risin
09-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Forked from: 184 yards rushing (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1634335)

Yeah, I'm not denying that we need to shore up our run D, but this team has definitely improved - look at the turnover battle - if you withheld the score from any former coach, and just showed them the rest of the game stats (first downs, etc...) I'd bet you most would have said we won that game - all things being equal of course - but the pats are obviously not equal to anyone in the rest of the league's eyes.

I agree we've improved, and I'm stoked about this teams future, but you allow that many rushing yards, and you probably won't win.

Don't you agree?

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 06:21 PM
I think the Turnovers more than negate that statistic - should have been three turnovers for us but we got screwed on the one by Whitner.

Risin
09-11-2006, 07:00 PM
I think the Turnovers more than negate that statistic - should have been three turnovers for us but we got screwed on the one by Whitner.

You can't count on turnovers every week.

Either way, if you think 185 against/week is a good thing, I have to disagree.

Dude, it's a brutal stat, any way you slice it.

Our run d has to be better then that.

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Believe me, I don't want to see us even surrender 75 on the ground. It is something that they really need to work on - whether it is lane discipline for the line, or play recognition for the LBs and DBs... we won't go anywhere if we don't work on it, and I do think we've got the players now to improve on our Run D, but it may take some time - and having the heart and soul of our D hurt isn't gonna help us at all.

Risin
09-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Believe me, I don't want to see us even surrender 75 on the ground. It is something that they really need to work on - whether it is lane discipline for the line, or play recognition for the LBs and DBs... we won't go anywhere if we don't work on it, and I do think we've got the players now to improve on our Run D, but it may take some time - and having the heart and soul of our D hurt isn't gonna help us at all.

Totally agree bud.

CAbills
09-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Also remember Perry is installing a totally new defense, and it usually takes a full season to master every nuance. So I really am not worried about game one rushing D. I will be worried if the problem continues.

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 07:56 PM
If someone would have predicted this game would have been this close, or even that we would have led the pats by 10 at the half, no one would have believed it, and every one on here minus the non-bills fans would be convinced this team could actually pull some magic out of it's @$$...

Billsrock4life
09-11-2006, 08:25 PM
My point is, this team has come a long way in a short time.

thats for sure i mean yes im disapointed they lost but from the highlights i saw they looked pretty good...im thinking that they're going to be in a lot of close games like this throughout the season