X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Jerseys

I know this has been said before and sorry to beat a dead horse but yesterday for some reason it looked worse to me. Something has to be done about our jersey. We look disgusting. I like the black shoes, but with that uni, it looked gross. The Blue on our pants doesn even seem to be the same as on the jersey. We have too much goin on with the change of colors and patterns all over the uni and helmets. IMO we really to need to simplify it and just go back to the throw backs permanantley.

These jersey we have now were just a ploy to increase revenue by Donahoe, but damn someone should be fired for the current design and color. Id really like to see throwbacks with matching blue pants for home jersey, and all white throwback for away. Id even take the 90s unis over current. We need a change.
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Jerseys

Not that it's that much of a big deal, but yeah, it would be nice to look at some better looking uniforms out there.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Our unis suck the cheese off a dead horse's ball sack.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

after the sabres change this weekend buffalo will probably have the 2 worst jerseys in 2 different sports.

pretty sad considering both clubs have 2 of the best throwbacks in either league.

Comment

• BAM
          • Sep 2003

I don't like our current uni's at all either.

The throwbacks make me horny.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
            I know this has been said before and sorry to beat a dead horse but yesterday for some reason it looked worse to me. Something has to be done about our jersey. We look disgusting. I like the black shoes, but with that uni, it looked gross. The Blue on our pants doesn even seem to be the same as on the jersey. We have too much goin on with the change of colors and patterns all over the uni and helmets. IMO we really to need to simplify it and just go back to the throw backs permanantley.

These jersey we have now were just a ploy to increase revenue by Donahoe, but damn someone should be fired for the current design and color. Id really like to see throwbacks with matching blue pants for home jersey, and all white throwback for away. Id even take the 90s unis over current. We need a change.
            The throwbacks are growing on me. I actually really liked the training camp look with the throwback helmets and dark blue jerseys. I think a tweak on the throwbacks with some darker colors, white helmet, and red buffalo (maybe altered a bit to look meaner).

I dont hate our new uni's but I also dont liek the way that the stripes dont match or even flow at all.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
              • Jan 2004

I don't like the 73 different types of blue on the current unis... that and the fact that the design looks like complete ass.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
                I dont hate our new uni's but I also dont liek the way that the stripes dont match or even flow at all.
                I've actually been pointing that out ever since they came out. (not ripping on your post...just saying I agree and have been saying it forever) Seriously, the person who designed them had to be drunk or on acid...likely both.

Comment

• bocephuz
                  • Sep 2003

I'll pile on as well..

While I'm no queer eye for the straight guy even I can see that things don't match and these jerseys are a fashion don't..

the stripes on the sides don't match up ( two diff shades of red... pants have white striping .. jersey doesn't). There are two shades of blue

They are a poor imitation of the Titans unis ...

I will say that the dark blue on dark blue ( blue jersey, blue pants) looks kinda cool.. but the road jerseys gotta go.
                  Kent Hull for Hall of Fame

Comment

• Kenny
                    • Aug 2004

I always thought red alternates would look good

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                      Our unis suck the cheese off a dead horse's ball sack.
                      I didn't know that was cheese on a dead horse's balls...hmmm....You learn something new every day.

Comment

Working...
                      X