PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green out Indefinitely

L.A. Playa
09-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Larry Johnson fantasy owners are ****ing in their pants

why cant Herm Edwards keep a QB healthy ????

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefs-green&prov=ap&type=lgns

Bill Brasky
09-11-2006, 05:16 PM
i own both Johnson and Green in several leagues.

i hope his career isn't over though, that was a nasty hit.

YardRat
09-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Cheap shot. Should be at least a fine, maybe a suspension if the injury is severe enough.

Kerr
09-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah the worst part is geathers never got penalized for the hit. He did a slide and geather still nailed him. It was so obvious.

SABURZFAN
09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
i think geathers held up as best he could.you gotta remember,these guys are going full speed.it's hard to say but i think he got pushed from behind too.

bluehaze
09-11-2006, 05:48 PM
He got pushed from behind, that was why no penalty but he obviously put his shoulder into it. Intentional or Instinctual? Can't say for sure...

Bill Brasky
09-11-2006, 05:57 PM
i think geathers held up as best he could.you gotta remember,these guys are going full speed.it's hard to say but i think he got pushed from behind too.

Exactly.

These guys on the field don't have the luxury of going in slow motion before they decide whether or not to make a bonehead play.

I hate how the media over analyzes every questionable hit.

Kerr
09-11-2006, 06:00 PM
You've got members from both lockerooms divided on the hit. Some think it was late, others don't.

MikeInRoch
09-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I like the Bengals, but that should warrent a suspension.

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2006, 06:26 AM
If you watch the replay, the guy trys to avoid hitting Green helmet to helmet, and actually hits him more with the back of his shoulder. I don't think it was intentional. This is an instance when the sliding rule doesn't help the QB at all.

Historian
09-12-2006, 06:29 AM
Doesn't matter.

A quarterback goes into a slide, the play is dead and you're not allowed to touch him.

TigerJ
09-12-2006, 07:58 AM
It's ironic that it was the Bengals who lost Carson Palmer on a cheap shot last season. They paid back the wrong team.

mybills
09-12-2006, 08:17 AM
If you watch the replay, the guy trys to avoid hitting Green helmet to helmet, and actually hits him more with the back of his shoulder. I don't think it was intentional. This is an instance when the sliding rule doesn't help the QB at all.
I agree, because it happened at the same time as the slide, so there was no avoiding it.

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2006, 08:19 AM
I agree, because it happened at the same time as the slide, so there was no avoiding it.

:up: It's tough to avoid a guy when you are already in the process of diving at him. The slide is a stupid rule, IMO. If the QB wants to scramble, he should be fair game.

Dude
09-12-2006, 08:25 AM
It wasn't a cheap shot or an illegal hit. Green started his slide late, and Geathers was pushed on his way down.

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2006, 09:19 AM
If it was helmet to helmet, then I'd be saying it was cheap, but it wasn't, and he clearly avoided helmet to helmet intentionally. Accidents happen, I'm sure Green will say the same thing. Imagine how bad of shape the guy'd be in if it was a dirty hit.

mybills
09-12-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm sure he'd say the same thing too, but he can't remember.
That's what they're saying, anyway. Temporary amnesia?

G. Host
09-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Doesn't matter.

A quarterback goes into a slide, the play is dead and you're not allowed to touch him.

Physical laws regsrding bodies in motion apply before rules of NFL.