PDA

View Full Version : Bills score highest grade of any losing team this week, wow!

Mitchy moo
09-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Funny thing is, the Bills got an even higher grade than the pats.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/grades

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4 id=special align=middle><TD align=left colSpan=2>Buffalo Bills 17, New England Patriots 19 (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20060910_BUF@NE)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top align=right height=17><TD align=left>http://images.sportsline.com/images/nfl/gamecenter/icons/BUF.gif B</TD><TD align=left>Bills: That was a feisty effort, but it means nothing now. Still, give Dick Jauron credit for having his team ready to play. You have to play 60 minutes to beat the Patriots, though.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top align=right height=17><TD align=left>http://images.sportsline.com/images/nfl/gamecenter/icons/NE.gif B-</TD><TD align=left>Patriots: With no real weapons outside, the running game came to the rescue. Laurence Maroney and Corey Dillon both had good games. This team knows how to pull out the tough ones.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What do you guys think, good nod there?

bluehaze
09-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Jets got a B+, I think its going to be an interesting year in this Division. I think this is an off year for the Pats. Not just because of how poorly they played in your game but also because I think their dominance has led to their overconfidence losing Branch surely is going to hurt them and that loyalty thing works both ways Pats are just as lacking in loyalty by not restructuring the guys contract in order to keep him there as he was in holding out and leaving.

I predict a very poor year for the Pats! which makes me happy :D

SABURZFAN
09-11-2006, 05:39 PM
we still lost so it doesn't matter.

Mr. Cynical
09-11-2006, 06:19 PM
we still lost so it doesn't matter.

Yep. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

!Papacrunk!
09-11-2006, 06:23 PM
But as previous threads and posts have made clear, isn't the media usually wrong? My bad, it was something positive, carry on.
:couch:

BAM
09-11-2006, 07:38 PM
I am so used to the Pats always winning it's hard to see otherwise. I don't see them having a bad year.

patmoran2006
09-11-2006, 07:49 PM
What a STUPID thread...

woo hoo we got high grades for losing..

what the hell is wrong with you?

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Yep. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

You know you just quoted FBH right?

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 07:52 PM
What a STUPID thread...

woo hoo we got high grades for losing..

what the hell is wrong with you?

Didn't you used to be a cool poster, now all of a sudden, you've been sucking.

What happened?

Luisito23
09-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Didn't you used to be a cool poster, now all of a sudden, you've been sucking.

What happened?

He thinks red makes him look better......:philhouse

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

patmoran2006
09-11-2006, 08:51 PM
A loss is a loss dude.

Unless your ADMITTING this team sucks to the point that just being in the game and having a morale victory is good enough?

ublinkwescore
09-11-2006, 09:11 PM
A loss is a loss dude.

Unless your ADMITTING this team sucks to the point that just being in the game and having a morale victory is good enough?

Unlike you, I'll take a moral victory - I understand the situation that this team is in. This team is young, and you could see a lot of that in yesterdays game - the point is that the horizon is getting brighter and brighter, and once a lot of these guys start hitting their primes, we'll be a very dangerous team.

patmoran2006
09-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I dont disagree with you.. but I take no comfort in that we "could" have beaten New England.

Mitchy moo
09-11-2006, 09:34 PM
None of us do, win or die. I think the Bills showed some tools that will lead to a better future, scarely the press agrees.

OpIv37
09-11-2006, 09:35 PM
we were the best losing team? That's like getting better grades on your report card than any of your classmates who ride the short bus.

:shortbus:

Mr. Pink
09-11-2006, 09:37 PM
I vote this as WORST thread of the year.

We're sitting here proud because we barely lost a game? What kind of stupidity is that?

Skooby, you need to be tarred and feathered for such ridiculous posts.

A LOSS IS A LOSS and a WIN IS A WIN.

Whether you lose by 30 or lose by 1 it's still a loss....0-1 in the standings.

Jeff1220
09-11-2006, 09:58 PM
All this talk about being positive for the Bills playing well in a loss is really moot if it turns out that NE really sucks this year.

Mitchy moo
09-11-2006, 10:01 PM
All this talk about being positive for the Bills playing well in a loss is really moot if it turns out that NE really sucks this year.

Good point, I hope they are terrible.

!Papacrunk!
09-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Good point, I hope they are terrible.
Dude what he means is that if the Patriots suck, then any positive things done against the Pats weren't really that big of a deal, so for this theory you'd hope that the Pats destroy almost all of their opponents

mybills
09-12-2006, 08:13 AM
They got a better grade because they played better than the Pats, regardless of the final score.

OpIv37
09-12-2006, 08:25 AM

Good point.

Of course, the Patriots finally sucking again would be a positive thing in and of itself.