Well, Im not so sure our 1st rounder wont be a RB next year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Well, Im not so sure our 1st rounder wont be a RB next year!

Willis hasnt shown me thats hes even a top 15 RB, and he CERTAINLY isnt worth the top 5 coin he will demand.

I honestly believe we wont have the #1 pick next year, to be honest, I think we might be below the top 15!

If we continue this level of solid football, we will win alot more games than many of us thought. 9 and & with a wild card seems reachable all of the sudden.

But, yeah with say the 15-20 pick I could see a RB like Kenny Irons, maybe even Lorezno Booker a bit later or Darius Walker. Id LOVE Adrian Peterson but hes a top 5 pick and I honestly dont see us picking that high.

• eeyyeeddoogg
    • Jan 2005

Re: Well, Im not so sure our 1st rounder wont be a RB next year!

How about a left tackle. You know the position they've been trying to fill for about 15 yrs.

Comment

• Kerr
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Darius Walker.

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by eeyyeeddoogg
        How about a left tackle. You know the position they've been trying to fill for about 15 yrs.
        I still cant agree. I was onboard with taking D'Brick if he was there and we all knew he wouldnt be.

But, Gandy is much younger than I thought and although he isnt a stud, hes played solid IMO.

Again, we are too devoid of stars to be taking a LT with a high 1st pick.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
          Darius Walker.
          I love the way he runs. He isnt a flashy player but he is rock solid and can be counted on for his 4 yards. I think he can be a Shaun Alexnader type who doesnt blaze away with speed but earns the yards and gets the TD's

That said, Id rather have Mike Hart, THAT kid can play and is a Syracuse native. Hes a junior so it could happen.

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
            I love the way he runs. He isnt a flashy player but he is rock solid and can be counted on for his 4 yards. I think he can be a Shaun Alexnader type who doesnt blaze away with speed but earns the yards and gets the TD's

That said, Id rather have Mike Hart, THAT kid can play and is a Syracuse native. Hes a junior so it could happen.
            I'm just bias because i'm an irish fan.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Stop your jilted hate for McGahee. Willis is just fine. The Bills will not be drafting a RB with thier first pick next year, a QB is more likely.

Who says Willis is going to command top 5 coin? Link? Not only are you JPs agent but your also Willis agent now.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

Willis is starting to come off as dumber than a bag of rocks with very questionable character, not exactly a Marv Levy type. He won't be around within the next couple of years.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  Stop your jilted hate for McGahee. Willis is just fine. The Bills will not be drafting a RB with thier first pick next year, a QB is more likely.

Who says Willis is going to command top 5 coin? Link? Not only are you JPs agent but your also Willis agent now.
                  Is this TD? You seem so nice and for the Bills. I am truly scared.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

There is NO WAY we are taking a RB in the first round next year.. NO WAY

Marv knew EXACTLY what he was doing.. Like it or not, this is a TWO year plan.. He built a formidable defense for the future this year, and next year bet your ass day one picks will be ALL BIG FAT, UGLY LINEMEN.. ALL OF THEM, especially Offensively.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Bush would be a nice pickup had he not broken his leg.

Willis, albeit dumber than a wet sock, has the physical tools. I dont much see him as a Marv guy, so it wouldnt shock me if hes gone in a year or two.

I suspect a contract re-negotiation/holdout is on his calendar for feb/march roughly.

I like the kid, and would love him here. Hopefully he matures.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                        Is this TD? You seem so nice and for the Bills. I am truly scared.
                        He's still making ridiculous assertions about Losman...it's TDummy alright
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                          He's still making ridiculous assertions about Losman...it's TDummy alright
                          I think it's more ridiculous thinking the Bills are taking a RB in the 1st round next year then it is taking a QB.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

I was thinking tonight how Willis is still running a finesse style instead of pounding it in there. He's afraid to push off and take a hit and regardless of what he says he scared of straining his knee. In short he's running scared. Had he attacked that hole for the 1st down instead of dancing around looking for somewhere to run he would have gotten it, and we probably win.
                            I said it last year and I believe it, we've seen the best of McGahee, it's all down hill from here.
                            We need a running back, and I'm still not sold that we don't need a QB.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

once again all the JP lovers who cant stand it when the JP haters state their case are hypocrits when it comes to Willis, if JP deserves a full 16 games to see what he can do why is Willis not afforded the same chance

you guys are hypocrits Willis gained over 1200 yds in what everyone says is a crap OL and crap playcalling and not even playing on 3rd down.

he had 70 yds in basically the first 35 minutes of the game yesterday. The whole offense in cluding McGahee was taken out of synce when the Pats held the ball for basically 13 staright minutes and they couldnt recover, the OL needs to open holes for the Mcgahee to run through

The funny thing is all these arm chair Madden GM's question McGahee's charachtor, but not once has a coach or GM or anyone in the Bills organization ever questioned his attitude or work ethic

You guys need to get off it and not judge Willis the same way you tell people not to judge JP

HYPOCRITS !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X