PDA

View Full Version : Well, Im not so sure our 1st rounder wont be a RB next year!

X-Era
09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Willis hasnt shown me thats hes even a top 15 RB, and he CERTAINLY isnt worth the top 5 coin he will demand.

I honestly believe we wont have the #1 pick next year, to be honest, I think we might be below the top 15!

If we continue this level of solid football, we will win alot more games than many of us thought. 9 and & with a wild card seems reachable all of the sudden.

But, yeah with say the 15-20 pick I could see a RB like Kenny Irons, maybe even Lorezno Booker a bit later or Darius Walker. Id LOVE Adrian Peterson but hes a top 5 pick and I honestly dont see us picking that high.

eeyyeeddoogg
09-11-2006, 06:53 PM
How about a left tackle. You know the position they've been trying to fill for about 15 yrs.

Kerr
09-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Darius Walker.

X-Era
09-11-2006, 07:01 PM
How about a left tackle. You know the position they've been trying to fill for about 15 yrs.

I still cant agree. I was onboard with taking D'Brick if he was there and we all knew he wouldnt be.

But, Gandy is much younger than I thought and although he isnt a stud, hes played solid IMO.

Again, we are too devoid of stars to be taking a LT with a high 1st pick.

X-Era
09-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Darius Walker.

I love the way he runs. He isnt a flashy player but he is rock solid and can be counted on for his 4 yards. I think he can be a Shaun Alexnader type who doesnt blaze away with speed but earns the yards and gets the TD's

That said, Id rather have Mike Hart, THAT kid can play and is a Syracuse native. Hes a junior so it could happen.

Kerr
09-11-2006, 07:07 PM
I love the way he runs. He isnt a flashy player but he is rock solid and can be counted on for his 4 yards. I think he can be a Shaun Alexnader type who doesnt blaze away with speed but earns the yards and gets the TD's

That said, Id rather have Mike Hart, THAT kid can play and is a Syracuse native. Hes a junior so it could happen.

I'm just bias because i'm an irish fan. :D

TacklingDummy
09-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Stop your jilted hate for McGahee. Willis is just fine. The Bills will not be drafting a RB with thier first pick next year, a QB is more likely.

Who says Willis is going to command top 5 coin? Link? Not only are you JPs agent but your also Willis agent now.

mchurchfie
09-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Willis is starting to come off as dumber than a bag of rocks with very questionable character, not exactly a Marv Levy type. He won't be around within the next couple of years.

Mitchy moo
09-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Stop your jilted hate for McGahee. Willis is just fine. The Bills will not be drafting a RB with thier first pick next year, a QB is more likely.

Who says Willis is going to command top 5 coin? Link? Not only are you JPs agent but your also Willis agent now.

Is this TD? You seem so nice and for the Bills. I am truly scared.

patmoran2006
09-11-2006, 07:59 PM
There is NO WAY we are taking a RB in the first round next year.. NO WAY

Marv knew EXACTLY what he was doing.. Like it or not, this is a TWO year plan.. He built a formidable defense for the future this year, and next year bet your ass day one picks will be ALL BIG FAT, UGLY LINEMEN.. ALL OF THEM, especially Offensively.

Devin
09-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Bush would be a nice pickup had he not broken his leg.

Willis, albeit dumber than a wet sock, has the physical tools. I dont much see him as a Marv guy, so it wouldnt shock me if hes gone in a year or two.

I suspect a contract re-negotiation/holdout is on his calendar for feb/march roughly.

I like the kid, and would love him here. Hopefully he matures.

The_Philster
09-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Is this TD? You seem so nice and for the Bills. I am truly scared.
He's still making ridiculous assertions about Losman...it's TDummy alright :ill:

TacklingDummy
09-11-2006, 08:18 PM
He's still making ridiculous assertions about Losman...it's TDummy alright :ill:

I think it's more ridiculous thinking the Bills are taking a RB in the 1st round next year then it is taking a QB.

Turf
09-11-2006, 08:34 PM
I was thinking tonight how Willis is still running a finesse style instead of pounding it in there. He's afraid to push off and take a hit and regardless of what he says he scared of straining his knee. In short he's running scared. Had he attacked that hole for the 1st down instead of dancing around looking for somewhere to run he would have gotten it, and we probably win.
I said it last year and I believe it, we've seen the best of McGahee, it's all down hill from here.
We need a running back, and I'm still not sold that we don't need a QB.

L.A. Playa
09-11-2006, 08:43 PM
once again all the JP lovers who cant stand it when the JP haters state their case are hypocrits when it comes to Willis, if JP deserves a full 16 games to see what he can do why is Willis not afforded the same chance

you guys are hypocrits Willis gained over 1200 yds in what everyone says is a crap OL and crap playcalling and not even playing on 3rd down.

he had 70 yds in basically the first 35 minutes of the game yesterday. The whole offense in cluding McGahee was taken out of synce when the Pats held the ball for basically 13 staright minutes and they couldnt recover, the OL needs to open holes for the Mcgahee to run through

The funny thing is all these arm chair Madden GM's question McGahee's charachtor, but not once has a coach or GM or anyone in the Bills organization ever questioned his attitude or work ethic

You guys need to get off it and not judge Willis the same way you tell people not to judge JP

HYPOCRITS !!!!!

patmoran2006
09-11-2006, 08:54 PM
For a bunch of people who expect "patience" to see this team ya'll sure jump on and off the Willis bandwagon quickly.

He wasnt great yesterday, but he didnt run that bad either.. The entire OL stopped run blockin in the second half.. and do you have selective memory? He looked decent to me coming out of the backfield on pass plays as well.

Jesus Christ.. Its the first ****ing game.. back the hell off him and lets see what he does for the next few months.

L.A. Playa
09-11-2006, 08:57 PM
this is like the 4th thread complaining about McGahee's average stat line but yet the same people questioning McGahee applaud JP's average stat line in other threads, Iam happy to see JP progressing but his stat line was average

X-Era
09-12-2006, 06:54 AM
There is NO WAY we are taking a RB in the first round next year.. NO WAY

Marv knew EXACTLY what he was doing.. Like it or not, this is a TWO year plan.. He built a formidable defense for the future this year, and next year bet your ass day one picks will be ALL BIG FAT, UGLY LINEMEN.. ALL OF THEM, especially Offensively.

I think you stand to be SADLY mistaken.

The Bills are devoid of stars, we need to draft every damn playmaker possible.

I couldnt disagree more with you, you and I are 180 degrees apart

X-Era
09-12-2006, 07:02 AM
once again all the JP lovers who cant stand it when the JP haters state their case are hypocrits when it comes to Willis, if JP deserves a full 16 games to see what he can do why is Willis not afforded the same chance

you guys are hypocrits Willis gained over 1200 yds in what everyone says is a crap OL and crap playcalling and not even playing on 3rd down.

he had 70 yds in basically the first 35 minutes of the game yesterday. The whole offense in cluding McGahee was taken out of synce when the Pats held the ball for basically 13 staright minutes and they couldnt recover, the OL needs to open holes for the Mcgahee to run through

The funny thing is all these arm chair Madden GM's question McGahee's charachtor, but not once has a coach or GM or anyone in the Bills organization ever questioned his attitude or work ethic

You guys need to get off it and not judge Willis the same way you tell people not to judge JP

HYPOCRITS !!!!!

WHOA!!! first of all I dont question his character. He doesnt do more than say Portis as far as that goes.

What I question is that he is a top 5 RB. I havent seen that. Henry was able to get over 1000 yards and now hes far from a starting star for TENN.

I want us to have sure fire stars in a few good places. RB would be nice, a Miami guy who came back from a horrib le injury? that sounds like a great story, but its unproven still.

Lets see the wiggle, lets see tackle breaking, lets see long TD's and speed. Show your a top 5 RB. Right now hes supposed to be our offenses best player and I dont think hes living up to that.

If it continues and he doesnt show he can be "all we need" at RB, Id rather head in a new direction.

Im throwing him into the whole mix. This team still lacks playmakers, I mean big playmakers. It should be Willis, so far Im still waiting.

As far as hypocrit goes, thats crap. Everyone knows it takes years to develop a QB, and a RB can start and play day one. Besides Willis has been here for years and started for 3, theres no excuse for him.

Right now, I can only say hes an average RB. I want more.

don137
09-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Marv Levy said in his book OL is the hardest position to learn and takes years. He rather get an experienced guy than draft a young guy in the early rounds. Based on that I am sure he will address the OL through free agency rather than take a OL early in the draft. I am sure he doesn't mind taking them in later rounds and grooming them but the guys taken in day one almost need to contribute from day one.

mysticsoto
09-12-2006, 08:02 AM

We have our future left tackle in Jason Peters. Additionally, we are molding our rookie Terrance Pennington for LT duties also - let me remind you as LTBF usually does...this guy has 38" arms! He can make any DE look like they have the hands of a tyrannasaurus rex.

Offensive Linemen rarely come into the NFL ready to produce. Robert Gallery was a highly regarded LT a few years ago. If you saw the game on Monday night, you'll know he struggled tremendously!!!

Next year, I'd rather have Jason Peters or even Terrance Pennington, than have a green rookie come in and protect JP's blind side...

mercyrule
09-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Willis will be fine. Just because he has great timing, a great stutter step doesn't mean he can't pound it in there.

Marvelous
09-12-2006, 03:08 PM
But, Gandy is much younger than I thought and although he isnt a stud, hes played solid IMO.

Thats only because you didnt watch Gandy closer sunday...Seriously. If you can rewatchthe game focus on Gandy..He was blown up...

LT is the #1 priority!!

SABURZFAN
09-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Bush would be a nice pickup had he not broken his leg.

just remember that he didn't injure the knee.if he comes back and posts the same times in the 40,he won't slip too much in the draft.