PDA

View Full Version : SI article on Bills-Patriots game

Dont drink the water
09-11-2006, 07:52 PM
No they did NOT discuss the phantom calls; it would not be in character for them to do it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/09/10/banks.maroney/1.html

If I hadn't witnessed it, I probably wouldn't have believed it. Brady went the final 25:43 of the first half and then the opening 6:10 of the third quarter without completing a pass. That's almost 32 minutes of clock, more than half the game. The Patriots' final 20 plays of the first half netted just 46 yards and produced four consecutive punts and a possession that ended with the halftime gun.

I'd be happier if during that period run game for Patriots also crashed and burned.

"It was an ugly game all around offensively," Brady said. "We just never could get in a rhythm. I wouldn't think anybody would be happy about the way we played.''

Patriots fans actually booed Brady and the offense late in the first half after yet another punt was forced by Buffalo.

"I don't blame them," Brady said. "I don't think we gave them much reason to cheer. They want to see us do some things offensively, put the ball in the end zone, and we turn the ball over and can't complete a pass. I would be booing up there too if I was them.''

Nobody in the league self-flagellates like Tommy Terrific.

I want Brady to take up the Indian widow tradition of self-immolation - whips are not strong enough.

ParanoidAndroid
09-11-2006, 07:59 PM
I want Brady to take up the Indian widow tradition of self-immolation - whips are not strong enough.

:rofl:

L.A. Playa
09-11-2006, 08:48 PM
third time this article has been posted today

Mitchy moo
09-11-2006, 09:36 PM
I didn't do it, lol.