• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Twenty-Eight Hours

... is how long i was mad after this loss

wow. usually its about an hour max but this was a bad one. thats the longest since, well, the last time we blew a lead to the pats. even the fish collapse wasnt nearly as disappointing as letting them steal the bruschifest from us - for me anyway

god i wish we could have seen how the rest of the game would have played out with the three on the board. of course you cant just take the rest of the plays and assume outcome, everything changes from that point. id have liked to see the dynamics play out with that key difference

but now ive let it go and have an appointment to surgically replace the clumps of hair, should be patched up for the home opener

my last words on it will be for the rest of eternity etc etc ...

Originally posted by Meathead
    you know i would be pretty happy with 10-16 150 yds 0 picks/tds/fmb

that would mean they probably balanced the run game moved the chains and were competitive
    i was and they were

losmans actuals: 15/23 164 0/0/0 - made some nice throws, showed good presence, excellent distribution, only one to (safety) very impressive, couldnt hit any chunkables but made a variety of throws. kinda disappeared at the end but the whole team did. a very encouraging performance in a very tough spot

other encouraging signs:

witner: big time play at a big time moment is a great sign. coulda just got lucky but it didnt look like it there. it seemed like he recognized the route and cut it off, very impressive. film helps give pause to next qbs thinking about picking on him

rookies: you gotta be kidding me. you could hardly tell they were rooks out there most of the time. simpson, whitner, williams, and ellison all were all over the field. i kept checking names just to be sure what i was seeing. i cant ever remember so many young guys playing so well in the same game

team preparation: despite unraveling after the stuff the team was surprisingly poised up until then. even afterwards they were still making plays. far from perfect but a good showing in a very tough matchup. as much as i hate saying it, the loss will help them learn

considering i expected them to be outclassed i have to be relatively pleased that they werent

one tough road game down, one to go

24-17 fish then its on to a couple home wins to get my two-and-two baby
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
Working...
X