PDA

View Full Version : Could there have been a spy for the Pats

Mike13
09-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Seeing how this is someone's blog I really doubt its credibility, any moron can come up with anything on the internet you know.

http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2006/09/11/bills-say-patriots-signed-ex-buffalo-receiver-just-to-pick-his-b

Mitchy moo
09-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Could this = anything for the bills??????????????

clumping platelets
09-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Happens all the time.........we could have signed someone released by the Pats but didnt

LABillsFan
09-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Mind game by The Pats.

~CHIEF~
09-11-2006, 11:13 PM
**** the Pats!

BADTHINGSMAN
09-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Buffalo got Milloy to bolster there secondary, Pats got Smith to pick his brain.. Pats suck!!

TigerJ
09-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Whatever Bellichick's intent, it would be tough to prove, and anything NE might have gotten from Smith probably made no difference in the game. I have no idea if the the NFL has rules pertaining to this sort of thing, but I doubt if anything would ever come of it. It does, however, reinforce my feelings that Bill Belichick, while he might be a terrific coach has the moral development of a muskrat.

DynaPaul
09-12-2006, 08:13 AM
Buffalo got Milloy to bolster there secondary, Pats got Smith to pick his brain.. Pats suck!!

We didn't cut Milloy after 6 days. He was here for 3 years I believe.

Ickybaluky
09-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Smith was cut because of the hamstring injury Gabriel suffered in practice during the week and Chad Jackson wasn't ready to contribute after missing all of camp. The Pats were already short of WR, so they couldn't afford Smith for punt returns. Thus, they cut him and activated Bam Childress off the PS, one of only 3 WR that dressed for the game. Childress was on the PS last year and in training camp, so his knowledge of the system made him ready contribute as a WR.

Now that the game is over and Gabriel and Jackson will be returning, the Pats re-signed Smith today (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/) and cut Childress (who probably returns to the PS). Smith will once again be asked to return punts and play ST.

Nothing nefarious, just roster juggling due to injuries forcing them to make a move so they had a 3rd WR.