Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Buffalo Stampede #5: Bills/Pats Breakdown.....I'm Tired Of "Moral Victories"

Listen here.......

I discuss the 4th down call, the penalties, JP, Willis, Lee, and the new defense, amoing other things.

As always, comments, thoughts etc. are appreciated.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo Stampede #5: Bills/Pats Breakdown.....I'm Tired Of "Moral Victories"

what about the INT by whitner?how many steps was he out of bounds?
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Coach Sal
      • Aug 2006

Re: Buffalo Stampede #5: Bills/Pats Breakdown.....I'm Tired Of "Moral Victories"

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
      what about the INT by whitner?how many steps was he out of bounds?
      He wasn't.

The officials blew it. It was a horrible job by them. But there's no conspiracy against the Bills and the officials did not cost the Bills the game.
      Click to listen:

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

You are absolutely correct.

I hated the non-calls for running into Moorman too, but that was not the cause of the loss.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

the blown call on whitner....you could easily say that field position would have been different.the non calls for running into moorman.....correct me if i'm wrong but isn't roughing the punter an automatic first down?it may not affect field position so much but it keeps the offense on the field and gives our defense the added rest.

what the hell else did they miss?sorry guys...you can sit there and say that each mishap was not the cause for our loss but when you add them up,they sure as hell didn't help us either.if the refs pulled their heads out of their asses,i think we have a different outcome in this game.

JMO.....
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Coach Sal
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            the blown call on whitner....you could easily say that field position would have been different.the non calls for running into moorman.....correct me if i'm wrong but isn't roughing the punter an automatic first down?it may not affect field position so much but it keeps the offense on the field and gives our defense the added rest.

what the hell else did they miss?sorry guys...you can sit there and say that each mishap was not the cause for our loss but when you add them up,they sure as hell didn't help us either.if the refs pulled their heads out of their asses,i think we have a different outcome in this game.

JMO.....
            I love the passion and I share your frustrations, especially on the Moorman non-calls.

But I'm just more of the mind-set that you make your own breaks and if you continually look at the refs for the reasons for losing, you'll never do enough to make sure that next time you don't put yourself in that position......having the refs decide your fate.

The officials were bad, but they didn't allow the Pats pass rush through on the goal line. They didn't fail to push the DL enough on 4th and 1. They didn't almost stumble from under center on another 4th down. And they didn't get beat in the end zone covering Kevin Faulk.

The Bills did all that themselves and need to get better if they want to win more games and close teams out.
            Click to listen:

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Coach Sal
              I love the passion and I share your frustrations, especially on the Moorman non-calls.

But I'm just more of the mind-set that you make your own breaks and if you continually look at the refs for the reasons for losing, you'll never do enough to make sure that next time you don't put yourself in that position......having the refs decide your fate.

The officials were bad, but they didn't allow the Pats pass rush through on the goal line. They didn't fail to push the DL enough on 4th and 1. They didn't almost stumble from under center on another 4th down. And they didn't get beat in the end zone covering Kevin Faulk.

The Bills did all that themselves and need to get better if they want to win more games and close teams out.

while we are a young team and we're going to make mistakes,i'll give it to you that we didn't do enough to avoid being in that position.i don't look for excuses for our losses but it was obvious that the refs had their heads in their asses.the 4th and 1 was a blunder on the coaches part.you're on the road,with a lead,and you take the points.we found that out,in Oakland,with our 3 point loss.instead of a two score game,we force it into a two TD game.that puts a totally different spin on things.

anyways,it's water under the bridge now.the NFL needs to do something to make sure that these continuous mistakes don't happen.people pay a lot of their hard earned money to see these games and shouldn't leave the stadium feeling that they got hosed by a bunch of inept old guys.something needs to be done with these refs.they should be in some kind of training program in the offseason.they need to be in shape physically AND mentally.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Good show Coach Sal. I dl it and listen to it when I walk my dog at night. Perfect length for it.

Keep it coming!

Comment

• Coach Sal
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  Good show Coach Sal. I dl it and listen to it when I walk my dog at night. Perfect length for it.

Keep it coming!
                  Awesome.

Thanks.

I listen to some of the other network shows when I walk my dog or cut the grass. They pass the time prety well.

I did a BUF/MIA preview that should be up by tomorrow. I'll link it when it is.
                  Click to listen:

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                    Awesome.
                    I did a BUF/MIA preview that should be up by tomorrow. I'll link it when it is.
                    Great. Sounds like my dog Shadow will be getting a nice long walk tonight.
                    Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 12-06-2006, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X