View Full Version : Coach approval rating -week 1

justasportsfan
09-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Vote for Dick.

So far he's got 76%

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

dboston80
09-13-2006, 11:02 AM
...Saban 60%...cant argue that I guess......

My opinion of the "challenge" play is that it should be the ref's job to eye the sideline for any flags on such a crucial play...the ref missed the flag and that was their mistake no question.

However I feel Nick's seemingly unsure hesitation and passive approach...cost him his right to complain..

The Fins playcall on 3rd and 2 in the 4th was ridiculous......be it Mularkey, Saban whoever...that was a poor playcall IMO.

justasportsfan
09-13-2006, 11:07 AM
...Saban 60%...cant argue that I guess......

My opinion of the "challenge" play is that it should be the ref's job to eye the sideline for any flags on such a crucial play...the ref missed the flag and that was their mistake no question.

However I feel Nick's seemingly unsure hesitation and passive approach...cost him his right to complain..

The Fins playcall on 3rd and 2 in the 4th was ridiculous......be it Mularkey, Saban whoever...that was a poor playcall IMO.he obvuiously didn't make a fuss about the red flag because he obviously wasn't sure about throwing it in the first place.

dboston80
09-13-2006, 11:12 AM
he obvuiously didn't make a fuss about the red flag because he obviously wasn't sure about throwing it in the first place.

Chalk that up to poor communication in the box......wouldnt you have been screaming challenge!!!!!!

That puts them at the 3 and w/ Willie Parker( a speed back) that was likely a 50/50 chance for a FG...wich changes everything....

Thats the NFL the littlest things can bite you in the rear...........Ofcourse the saftey who blew the coverage should pat himself right on the back for blowing that play..

ublinkwescore
09-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Wow, some of these teams' fans are insane - John Gruden with a 29% rating?

If he were available this offseason, there would have been a bidding war for his services.