PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins talking to Charles Rogers

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2006, 11:26 AM
The Dolphins put themselves in position to give quarterback Daunte Culpepper another target, working out former Detroit Lions wide receiver Charles Rogers on Tuesday, a league source said.

Rogers, who arrived in South Florida on Monday night, was released Sept. '2, three years after he was the second overall pick in the 2003 draft.

It is not known whether the Dolphins offered a contract to Rogers, who worked out with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sept. 5 but didn't catch on. However, the wide receiver was prepared to play with the Dolphins for one year at the minimum salary, the source said. That would allow him to rehab his image and perhaps land a larger contract next season.

Last season, his third, Rogers served a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. If he tests positive again, he would face a one-year ban.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/09/13/a1c_dolphins_0913.html

I see that they're not scared off by Ricky Williams.

Thoughts?

Devin
09-13-2006, 11:27 AM
:rofl:

same ol fins.

Devin
09-13-2006, 11:28 AM
TD is to players with broken knees as Saban is to drug addicts.

Jan Reimers
09-13-2006, 11:38 AM
The guy not only has the moves and flexibility of the Statue of Liberty, the Dolphins are following its inscription: "Give me your tired, your poor. . . "

dboston80
09-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Proves my point even more that the FO knows Marty Bokker is a goner next year...he has underachieved and been very average as a Miami Dolphin.just dont tell the fans that!! Youll get scortched!!!!!!! 38 catches goes a long way @ Finheaven..

justasportsfan
09-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Proves my point even more that the FO knows Marty Bokker is a goner next year...he has underachieved and been very average as a Miami Dolphin.just dont tell the fans that!! Youll get scortched!!!!!!! 38 catches goes a long way @ Finheaven..
I hope you're not suggesting the fins get rid of Booker and bring back David Boston.Oh wait, I hope Saban does that. :D

if you guys get rid of Booker, Jauron will bring him here.

dboston80
09-13-2006, 11:56 AM
I hope you're not suggesting the fins get rid of Booker and bring back David Boston.Oh wait, I hope Saban does that. :D

if you guys get rid of Booker, Jauron will bring him here.

No Bostons knee has determined he will never be a great or even good player in this league again.........Marty Booker makes more money than anyone on the Phins offense and his lack of production plus a 4million dollar cap hit next year make him expandable.

feelthepain
09-13-2006, 12:20 PM
The guy not only has the moves and flexibility of the Statue of Liberty, the Dolphins are following its inscription: "Give me your tired, your poor. . . "

This from a Bills fan whoes team picked up Peerless Price. That there is some staggering talent!

dboston80
09-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Wow Finheaven has turned atleast 2 die hard fins away with there lack of control and favortisim.....................

RedEyE
09-13-2006, 12:29 PM
This from a Bills fan who's team picked up Peerless Price. That there is some staggering talent!

There's an intelligent post. At least Price has seen the positive side of a 1000 yard season. Don't forget, the Bills also managed to trade Price before a career implode and scored a 1st rounder that wrapped up the guy that will be pushing over that elderly Dolphins D on Sunday.

He did what he felt he needed to do, and came back to Buffalo for less money then when he left.

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2006, 12:31 PM
This from a Bills fan who's team picked up Peerless Price. That there is some staggering talent!
whose

feelthepain
09-13-2006, 12:38 PM
There's an intelligent post. At least Price has seen the positive side of a 1000 yard season. Don't forget, the Bills also managed to trade Price before a career implode and scored a 1st rounder that wrapped up the guy that will be pushing over that elderly Dolphins D on Sunday.

He did what he felt he needed to do, and came back to Buffalo for less money then when he left.

Yeah, he's a hot commodity!! No one else wanted the guy, Atlanta couldn't even get a crap sandwich for him. But he's the man now that he's a Bill, whatever.

Devin
09-13-2006, 12:59 PM
ROFL. FTP at it again.

Peerless > Rogers.

If Peerless price never does another thing on the field his career thus far is a HOF one compared to Rogers.

Saratoga Slim
09-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah, he's a hot commodity!! No one else wanted the guy, Atlanta couldn't even get a crap sandwich for him. But he's the man now that he's a Bill, whatever.

I don't know why I'm bothering to reply, but no one here is calling Price "the man." What we're doing is making fun of your team for taking a hard look at a guy who got cut BY DETROIT after producing nothing but injuries and drug suspensions since getting drafted, and whose work ethic makes Mike Williams look like Walter Payton.

RedEyE
09-13-2006, 01:09 PM

Is that what I said numb nuts? You need to learn how to read before you begin to post.

Is feelthepain what your father used to say to you each time he started drilling your poop cannon?

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2006, 01:10 PM
In fairness to the Phin fans here, Charles Rogers does have tremendous talent. But his work ethics, motivation, drug past, and injury past are huge risks. If he can work those out, he could be a big steal for the Dolphins. But that's a big if, especially if they're staring at a one-year suspension.

Huge risk and reward situation here. For a minimal salary that he's willing to play for, this actually wouldn't be a bad move for the phins.

dboston80
09-13-2006, 01:23 PM
In fairness to the Phin fans here, Charles Rogers does have tremendous talent. But his work ethics, motivation, drug past, and injury past are huge risks. If he can work those out, he could be a big steal for the Dolphins. But that's a big if, especially if they're staring at a one-year suspension.

Huge risk and reward situation here. For a minimal salary that he's willing to play for, this actually wouldn't be a bad move for the phins.

Agree...his talent is unquestioned the issue is is he ready to work and stay out of BS off the field......Saban is not afraid of the high reward low risk guys..and I like that about him..Some guys respond better than others when they know there career is at stake...time will tell..I hope he signs..

don137
09-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Once again you prove how little you actually know. New England wanted Price this year but he signed with Buffalo. Know your facts before you go spouting off and sound foolish..Name a WR who has excelled under Vick?

Rogers has poor character. Seems to be the trend for Miami...

Irish Phin Fan
09-13-2006, 02:31 PM
I personally wish that Miami will stay away from Rogers. If Booker leaves after the season so be it. It's not like he's anything special now. Miami is set at WR.

Devin
09-13-2006, 02:34 PM
I don't know why I'm bothering to reply, but no one here is calling Price "the man." What we're doing is making fun of your team for taking a hard look at a guy who got cut BY DETROIT after producing nothing but injuries and drug suspensions since getting drafted, and whose work ethic makes Mike Williams look like Walter Payton.

He does this in all his post. He pulls some random Bills player out of thin air, bashes them, trying to help his case.

feelthepain
09-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Once again you prove how little you actually know. New England wanted Price this year but he signed with Buffalo.

Uh huh, you believe that??? You would! There is no way on god green earth anyone in their right mind would choose the Bills over the Pats, so that tells me there wasn't a real effort on the Pats part to acquire Price.

Rogers has poor character. Seems to be the trend for Miami...

Yeah and Willis(I really don't want to be here) McGahee and JP(I'm the best player on the team) Losman, are great charachter guys. As usual Bill fans love to cast stones, but they're oblivious to their own issues, typical! BTW since you can't read...Miami just worked out Rogers, they didn't sign him. My guess would be because Rogers and Saban are both Michigan St. guys. So I'd say you're the proving how little you know.

feelthepain
09-13-2006, 03:55 PM
ROFL. FTP at it again.

Peerless > Rogers.

If Peerless price never does another thing on the field his career thus far is a HOF one compared to Rogers.

If Price never does another thing from this day forward a hefty bag would have a better chance at the HOF then Price.

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Uh huh, you believe that??? You would! There is no way on god green earth anyone in their right mind would choose the Bills over the Pats, so that tells me there wasn't a real effort on the Pats part to acquire Price.
They probably didn't offer him enough money. Chances of winning has very little to do with players' decisions these days, despite what they say.

How else do you think the Dolphins are able to land any players?

Gunzlingr
09-13-2006, 03:58 PM
They are also talking to Craphonso Thorpe.

justasportsfan
09-13-2006, 03:59 PM

Yeah and Willis(I really don't want to be here) McGahee and JP(I'm the best player on the team) Losman, are great charachter guys. As usual Bill fans love to cast stones, but they're oblivious to their own issues, typical! BTW since you can't read...Miami just worked out Rogers, they didn't sign him. My guess would be because Rogers and Saban are both Michigan St. guys. So I'd say you're the proving how little you know.
bills fans this, bills fans that. Stupid posts from someone who keeps posting in a bills forum.

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2006, 04:08 PM
They are also talking to Craphonso Thorpe.
:rofl: Craphonso.

This never gets old :rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2006, 04:08 PM
bills fans this, bills fans that. Stupid posts from someone who keeps posting in a bills forum.
How do you really feel?

feelthepain
09-13-2006, 04:09 PM
He does this in all his post. He pulls some random Bills player out of thin air, bashes them, trying to help his case.

Nope not at all, just showing you Bill fans you have no place knocking other teams players. I'm also not knocking every single move the Bills make, but Bill fans feel compelled to trash every single player that so much as works out for the Dolphins. It makes Bill fans look jealous and uneducated. So I just throw it back at you, you think it's amusing and fun when the fins make a move even if it's just a workout, so I can find just as much to laugh at on the Bills roster. I do enjoy watching Bill fans getting offended when it's thrown back at them, once again they can dish it out, but can't take it. I see you don't like it when it's thrown back at your team, by evidence of your post.

feelthepain
09-13-2006, 04:16 PM

I wonder whats funnier, the fins trying to improve their team by every means avalible to them or the Bills doing nothing and depending on players like Price and Wire to be their starters!!

Since you seem to know little about the Dolphins roster, let me inform you there is no way Thorpe or Rogers will replace any of our top 4 WR's. There simple workouts. It's just Sabans little way of saying you better prove you can play or i'll replace you!! Kinda takes job security out of the equation.

Saratoga Slim
09-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Bill fans feel compelled to trash every single player that so much as works out for the Dolphins.

It is our moral imperative.

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I wonder whats funnier, the fins trying to improve their team by every means avalible to them or the Bills doing nothing and depending on players like Price and Wire to be their starters!!

Since you seem to know little about the Dolphins roster, let me inform you there is no way Thorpe or Rogers will replace any of our top 4 WR's. There simple workouts. It's just Sabans little way of saying you better prove you can play or i'll replace you!! Kinda takes job security out of the equation.
Hey why don't you chill the #@!$ out. The name Craphonso is funny no matter he's a Dolphin or a Bill.

Dismissed.

feelthepain
09-13-2006, 05:18 PM

Just because this is a Bill site doesn't mean us Fin fans have to take it!! You dish it out, you can take it!

feelthepain
09-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey why don't you chill the #@!$ out. Dismissed.

I didn't start this thread. I didn't start a thread trashing the Bills for some stupid players workout, but I write something in this thread and you get upset??? I'm not sure why, but what did you expect the fin fan members to do and say, Nothing??? It's no different here then any other site with the same circumstances. On Finheaven if a fin fan starts a thread trashing the Bills, Bill fans step in and defend their team, it's just the way it is. Just because I'm not a Bill fan I can say nice things only in order to post here?? That would be stupid.

Gunzlingr
09-13-2006, 06:11 PM

Best name in all of sports!

!Papacrunk!
09-13-2006, 06:15 PM

Good post! I completely agree, I've heard Rogers is one of the nicest peeps around, but is far from a bright dude-- just not, what word am I looking for, oh yeah smart. I've heard that there is a slight chance if he was to play, it may be a vet minimum, but I'm sure teams may give him a little more, but if not, that's "potentially" the epitimoe of low risk high reward. We already have a WEALTH of experience of losing guys for a year, lol, so if he was to sign, then mess up 2 weeks from then, oh well. I don't really care either way, but if it was to happen, so be it.

justasportsfan
09-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey why don't you chill the #@!$ out. The name Craphonso is funny no matter he's a Dolphin or a Bill.

Dismissed.
How bout' you tell us how you really feel. :D.

justasportsfan
09-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Good post! I completely agree, I've heard Rogers is one of the nicest peeps around, but is far from a bright dude-- just not, what word am I looking for, oh yeah smart. I've heard that there is a slight chance if he was to play, it may be a vet minimum, but I'm sure teams may give him a little more, but if not, that's "potentially" the epitimoe of low risk high reward. We already have a WEALTH of experience of losing guys for a year, lol, so if he was to sign, then mess up 2 weeks from then, oh well. I don't really care either way, but if it was to happen, so be it.
It's a numbers game. Saban takes small risks with players like and eventually land one that works out, for nothing.

Goobylal
09-13-2006, 06:50 PM
"Real Genius?"

And reportedly Rogers looked horrible at both his Tampa Bay and Miami tryouts. Next.

dboston80
09-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Well word is his workout didnt go so well so we'll see what Saban and Co. do...

samara
09-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Could there be a better fit?

!Papacrunk!
09-13-2006, 07:41 PM

Dismissed.
Yeah, with a name like that, stuff pretty much writes itself. It almost takes away any possible new cleverness, but I'm sure there's still some gems there though.

Nighthawk
09-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Just because this is a Bill site doesn't mean us Fin fans have to take it!! You dish it out, you can take it!

Sounds like somebody needs their binky and blankey! :baby: