PDA

View Full Version : Reed - Game 1

RedEyE
09-13-2006, 11:31 AM
AKA - Kneel

I hope this kid has me eating crow by the end of the year, but I still have my doubts despite having a decent game against NE.

And while we're on the subject, (my only other gripe about the Bills play this week)

...if Evans is going to be the #1 receiver on this team, they need to get him more involved. I'm always about the run, but Evans can hurt you downfield. No excuses not getting him the ball against NEs crappy secondary.

L.A. Playa
09-13-2006, 11:32 AM
according to Peter King the guy covering Evans is the greatest CB of al ltime

ddaryl
09-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Evans is now facing double teams, which is why Reed and Peerless need to step it up

justasportsfan
09-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Evans was in double coverage practically the whole game. It probably wasn't something they expected the Pats to do. Now Fairchild has to go back and look at what the other possibilities are when teams do. I expect Saban to do the same but hopefully, JP and the other wrs will expect this.

OpIv37
09-13-2006, 11:36 AM
even if it's incomplete they need to take a shot or two downfield to stretch the D. Wasn't this a major problem last year?

RedEyE
09-13-2006, 11:38 AM
even if it's incomplete they need to take a shot or two downfield to stretch the D. Wasn't this a major problem last year?

One of many...

I agree. Again, I fully support the running game, but I think the Bills should have rocketed it down the sideline on the first play from scrimmage.

OpIv37
09-13-2006, 11:39 AM
One of many...

I agree. Again, I fully support the running game, but I think the Bills should have rocketed it down the sideline on the first play from scrimmage.

exactly. Use the run to set up the pass, but use the threat of the pass to get the room to run.

RedEyE
09-13-2006, 11:42 AM
exactly. Use the run to set up the pass, but use the threat of the pass to get the room to run.

The run worked well in the 1st half, but there wasn't a Patriot defender on the field that was expecting pass on the first play. Young QB, "ace in the hole" RB, and a piece meal OL, they knew the run was coming and that's why mcGahee was stuffed for -2 yards.

If it's me, the Patriots have already done all the work for you. The play action is already set up. Chuck that puppy 30+ yards to open up that D.

Kerr
09-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Evans was in double coverage practically the whole game. It probably wasn't something they expected the Pats to do. Now Fairchild has to go back and look at what the other possibilities are when teams do. I expect Saban to do the same but hopefully, JP and the other wrs will expect this.

I expect the dolphins secondary to play a lot of zone because their corners probably won't be able to handle evans and price one on one.

justasportsfan
09-13-2006, 12:00 PM
I expect the dolphins secondary to play a lot of zone because their corners probably won't be able to handle evans and price one on one.If true, Reed, Parrish, Royals/Everrret should have a field day up the middle.

G. Host
09-13-2006, 12:08 PM
If true, Reed, Parrish, Royals/Everrret should have a field day up the middle.

Parrish middle? He nees to hide on sideline!
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/182-1152663523.JPG http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/182-1152663298.JPG