PDA

View Full Version : OK, Who wrote to Peter King?

Gunzlingr
09-13-2006, 03:28 PM
DARREN SAYS I'M A HYPOCRITE. From Darren of Buffalo: "So let me get this straight. Hot-dog-eating contests are a disgusting display of wretched overindulgence by a horribly obese society, but 16 people unnecessarily flying on a private jet wasting a tanker of jet fuel and a grandiose buffet is deserved luxury? At least the seats were extra large to contain both your enormous girth and your rotund hypocrisy.''
I'll send your regards to Dick Ebersol, Darren.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/12/mailbag/1.html

Gunzlingr
09-13-2006, 03:29 PM
WHY, SCOTT? From Scott of Valhalla, N.Y.: "Your love affair with Tom Brady and the New England Patriots just has to end.''
Uh, OK. I'll keep that in mind as I watch them win the AFC East again.

L.A. Playa
09-13-2006, 03:32 PM
:rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2006, 03:38 PM
:monkeyp:Peter King

Night Train
09-13-2006, 05:00 PM
He did say on a Toronto radio station that the Bills would start 0-2 or he's "Shirley Temple" .

Oh how I hope to beat Miami, so I can BOMB him with Shirley love letters.

Mitchy moo
09-13-2006, 05:02 PM
I hope he gets bombed period.

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2006, 05:04 PM
His sarcastic responses show he is an immature, defensive, egotistical jackass. Any true sports journalist would have just ignored the questions completely.

chernobylwraiths
09-13-2006, 05:54 PM
I heard him say some really nice things about the city in one of his last intervies on GR yesterday. http://wgr550.com/ Check it out in their audio vault.

Bill Brasky
09-13-2006, 05:57 PM
I heard him say some really nice things about the city in one of his last intervies on GR yesterday. http://wgr550.com/ Check it out in their audio vault.

You should write bumpers for WGR... you sound like you're working for them.

chernobylwraiths
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't really like all they have to say, but they are one of the best sources for local teams news and I hear about things first there.

Bill Brasky
09-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Relax I'm just joshing around.

patmoran2006
09-13-2006, 08:18 PM
I hope he gets bombed period.
There you go wishing physical harm on people again.. Wasnt your written desire for Ralph Wilson to croak vicious enough?

Voltron
09-13-2006, 09:22 PM
I'll send your regards to Dick Ebersol, Darren.

Don't really understand the answer to that ... Dick Ebersol lost his whole family in a plane crash and he survived? I guess I had to read the article that Darren was pointing out :idunno:

L.A. Playa
09-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Don't really understand the answer to that ... Dick Ebersol lost his whole family in a plane crash and he survived? I guess I had to read the article that Darren was pointing out :idunno:
it was his private jet he flew in

Voltron
09-13-2006, 09:36 PM
He he I liked this

Goat of the Week
Drew Bledsoe, QB, Dallas. He wins this lovely award over left tackle Flozell Adams, who had two penalties and allowed two sacks in Jacksonville's 24-17 victory. Yes, Bledsoe's touchdown throw to Terrell Owens inside the two-minute warning was a thing of beauty. But his poorly thrown interceptions -- one by cornerback Rashean Mathis, the second by backup linebacker Nick Greisen -- cost the Cowboys the game.

Carlton Bailey
09-13-2006, 10:23 PM

Dick Ebersol lost his son Teddy. The rest of the Ebersols survived. Just thought I'd clear that up...

Night Train
09-14-2006, 04:42 AM
Yes, Bledsoe's touchdown throw to Terrell Owens inside the two-minute warning was a thing of beauty

What is King talking about ? He threw it over the wrong shoulder, forcing Owens to make a circus catch. That play was all Owens.