X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gil
    • Mar 2005

JP Losman Interview

I cut and pasted some key sections of it here - the only place I could find it was on the wireless section of the Bills site and it was pretty hard to read there - http://www.buffalobills.com/wireless...p?news_id=4135

I cut out some of the questions he was asked about last year - I especially liked the last paragraph/question where he revealed a bit about how the coaches run practice - sounded pretty good to me, hopefully it brings results...

On if he has anything to prove from last year…

I don’t even think about last year to tell you the truth. It doesn’t matter what happened - good or bad. It’s a new team, new offense. We have some new players. We have our goals. It doesn’t matter who we’re playing against. We’re out there trying to accomplish what we’re trying to accomplish. Our offense, we have to master that first. Obviously, that’s dictated on what they do. Other than that it’s just straight execution. You can put Xs out there. It really doesn’t matter who it is. It has to be that way every week.

On how things went well in Miami offensively last year and of that’ll impact this year’s game …

We have a new offense. New personnel. New formations. Obviously, they think we’re a different team, different scheme from last year. Are they going to do the same things (defensively)? Sure. We look at some of their personnel groupings, some of their guys are still there. But mainly, we’re looking at what they did in the preseason and against Pittsburgh.

On last week’s game …

We executed pretty well in the passing game. We were able to check the ball down. We were able to throw it away when things were not open. But in a game like that it’s the little things. Not the running game or the passing game. Things hurt us at the end there. We had some penalties. We had a safety. You wonder if there was a chance to get that ball out of my hands. But you look at the film and I really don’t know when I could have thrown the ball away. It was tough.

On whether it’s frustrating not to be able to get Lee the ball …

It’s frustrating. But we’ve got to play ball and he knows that. He’s the guy now and he knows he’s going to get double-covered. The chances they gave us single coverage on him, both times ended up in sacks. So we couldn’t hold up to get him the ball. They went one-high and we said here’s our chance especially at the end of the game to hit ‘em. It’s not frustrating; it’s just the way it goes. Last year, it was a different guy (as the No. 1 receiver). Now it’s him. But now other guys have a chance to get more touches.

On Miami’s secondary being completely turned over from last year and if it’ll take a quarter to feel them out …

That’s every week. Coaches can tell you how it’s going to be. How they’re going to play, how this guy plays. For the most part, they are accurate. But there will be instances where you say I saw it on film but they didn’t really do the same thing. You always have to feel the other team out on the first couple of drives. Mainly what it comes down to is execution. It’s the little things. Once you become a great team in the NFL, what I’m seeing so far is those teams take care of the little things. Little penalties, sacks, dropped balls, miscues, all those little things have to be cleaned up if you want to be great. It doesn’t matter who is over there, you have to execute.

On if things have progressed since the start of training camp …

They are definitely getting better week in and week out. Even in practice it’s getting better – for the whole team as well. Obviously I’m more involved with the offense, so I’ll speak for them; it just seems that the little things done wrong will not be overlooked. They will not be tolerated or accepted. Little things. No incomplete passes will be tolerated by our coaches. He will not stand for an incomplete, inaccurate pass. He will not stand for a missed audible. He will not stand for any of it.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: JP Losman Interview

"They are definitely getting better week in and week out. Even in practice it’s getting better – for the whole team as well. Obviously I’m more involved with the offense, so I’ll speak for them; it just seems that the little things done wrong will not be overlooked. They will not be tolerated or accepted. Little things. No incomplete passes will be tolerated by our coaches. He will not stand for an incomplete, inaccurate pass. He will not stand for a missed audible. He will not stand for any of it."

WOW!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      "They are definitely getting better week in and week out. Even in practice it’s getting better – for the whole team as well. Obviously I’m more involved with the offense, so I’ll speak for them; it just seems that the little things done wrong will not be overlooked. They will not be tolerated or accepted. Little things. No incomplete passes will be tolerated by our coaches. He will not stand for an incomplete, inaccurate pass. He will not stand for a missed audible. He will not stand for any of it."

WOW!!

Fine tuning = A better offense. I love it.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

"It’s frustrating. But we’ve got to play ball and he knows that. He’s the guy now and he knows he’s going to get double-covered. The chances they gave us single coverage on him, both times ended up in sacks. So we couldn’t hold up to get him the ball. They went one-high and we said here’s our chance especially at the end of the game to hit ‘em. It’s not frustrating; it’s just the way it goes. Last year, it was a different guy (as the No. 1 receiver). Now it’s him. But now other guys have a chance to get more touches."

?
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

In an interview where you're making off the cuff remarks, it's easy to say a contradiction or two, MyBills.

Over all, I think Losman comes off as smart, classy and confident, and that's where you want your QB to be. How can anyone not like him?
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

I know TJ, just wondered if anyone else caught that.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
              • Jul 2003

And Yoda was nowhere to be seen.
              In Marv We Trust
              The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

We executed pretty well in the passing game. We were able to check the ball down. We were able to throw it away when things were not open. But in a game like that it’s the little things. Not the running game or the passing game. Things hurt us at the end there. We had some penalties. We had a safety. You wonder if there was a chance to get that ball out of my hands. But you look at the film and I really don’t know when I could have thrown the ball away. It was tough.
                I love how he used the word "we" even when clearly referring to himself, as in checking the ball down and such. He didn't credit only himself for the things gone right, speaking as a team, which by the way has no "I".

Comment

• Bufftp
                  Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

no but it has an e and m, which then can be repositioned to spell me
                  Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                  "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                  Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                  - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                  to be led by permanent ideals -
                  that is what keeps a man patient
                  when the world ignores him,
                  and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
                    no but it has an e and m, which then can be repositioned to spell me
                    You're very FUNNY, which has a F and a U.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Well I think if we can score more points than the other team, we should have a pretty good chance of staying in each game to the end! Who knows what could happen?

Comment

• Bufftp
                        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        You're very FUNNY, which has a F and a U.

Why than you very much.
                        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                        to be led by permanent ideals -
                        that is what keeps a man patient
                        when the world ignores him,
                        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

Working...
                        X