PDA

View Full Version : The Vincent Move Just Continues The Turnover

Night Train
09-13-2006, 05:52 PM
When 5 April Draft picks were starting in the 1st Quarter of the opener, the message was sent loud and clear. Out with the old and no one is older than Vincent. You'd never pull Simpson to put Vincent back in. He and Whitner are our Safties for the next several years.

Fletchers contract is done after this year. Will he get another big offer on the wrong side of 30 ? The staff will observe McGahee in 2006 to gauge a new contract. Nate will never see the big $$ here, when 3-4 starters cound be had for his $$. Can TKO stay healthy ? OL needs more talented bodies. I expect the Bills to be VERY busy again next spring.

CHANGE. It's happening and we got our 1st look at in this past Sunday. Yes, it tempers playoff hopes this year but taking a step back to take 2-3 forward is way overdue.

I'd rather watch Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, Simpson, Williams and Ellison develop with our other young talent and a few solid Vets. No more fools gold.

ublinkwescore
09-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Can anyone see us drafting Laurenaitu from Ohio State to replace Fletcher-Baker?

That kid can flat out play - our LBs WILL be the best in the league if we snatch him up. Then we address our OL like we could have this year (I'm not disappointed - either way, we'd see growing pains - at least our D will be well developed for next year, and that will keep us in more games).

HHURRICANE
09-13-2006, 07:18 PM
We need some FA's fore sure!! Too many rookies and we could end up looking like the 49ers.

jamze132
09-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Not too many FA's are going to want to come to Buffalo, considering our recent track record. Yes I know that we have a new regime now but Levy is going to have to throw some serious money to attract someone better than Larry Tripplett.

patmoran2006
09-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Albeit unfortunate, and I'm a BIG Troy Vincent fan as a person and a player.. I"m kinda glad this happened for two reasons.

1) I think Ko Simpson has all the potential in the world, and he's showed it since day one of camp.. He make get taken to school a little bit as a rookie, but its going to make him a better player. Hey, SImpson is the future of the position here, not Vincent, and since the Bills are going nowhere this season, why not let the kid develop.

2) the UNPOPULAR reason.. I'd rather go 2-14 with a bunch of rookies and projects this year than win 6-7 games with guys like Vincent (price, etc) getting a lot of time. I want a HIGH draft pick next year so we can go DE and OT in the first two rounds... AFter this draft, I TOTALLY trust Marv.. and I can PROMISE you next APril there's gonna be a lot of BEEF coming to Buffalo on draft day-- and since we are NOT a playoff team-- I would just assume have a top five pick.

Night Train
09-14-2006, 04:18 AM
Can anyone see us drafting Laurenaitu from Ohio State to replace Fletcher-Baker?

That kid can flat out play - our LBs WILL be the best in the league if we snatch him up. Then we address our OL like we could have this year (I'm not disappointed - either way, we'd see growing pains - at least our D will be well developed for next year, and that will keep us in more games).

Jim Laurinaitis is a sophmore.

Jan Reimers
09-14-2006, 06:38 AM
In retrospect, we should probably have released Vincent on cutdown day and kept Rashad Baker. I guess we didn't know that his hamstring was going to be an ongoing problem.

patmoran2006
09-14-2006, 07:21 AM
In retrospect, we should probably have released Vincent on cutdown day and kept Rashad Baker. I guess we didn't know that his hamstring was going to be an ongoing problem.

Was thinking the same thing but cant fault staff for this move.. On top of that, Vincent is a great teacher to the rookie safeties.. that alone has/had great value.

mybills
09-14-2006, 07:22 AM
I just don't want Lindell & Mooreman falling apart by the time they straighten everything else out. :ill:

ICE74129
09-14-2006, 07:39 AM
Not too many FA's are going to want to come to Buffalo, considering our recent track record. Yes I know that we have a new regime now but Levy is going to have to throw some serious money to attract someone better than Larry Tripplett.

I don't know about that. If we continue to improve and the word gets out about DJ being a good coach to play for AND ralph opens up his wallet...Its possible to get some top FA's in here

I will agree this next offseason its time to get some impact FA's (2 or so) to complement the mid tier and draft picks.

eyedog
09-14-2006, 08:15 AM
This team will have a lot of money next year under the cap. also this should be the last year for Fletcher, Villariel, Clements, Gandy??, even Spikes depending on this injury.
As for free agents coming here: if you put enough money on the table they come.

Saratoga Slim
09-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Was thinking the same thing but cant fault staff for this move.. On top of that, Vincent is a great teacher to the rookie safeties.. that alone has/had great value.

Especially b/c I don't see anyone else in our secondary capable of really mentoring the rookies. McGee is still pretty young, I can't see Clements going out of his way, and if I were Jauron I wouldn't let Coy Wire talk to anyone.

jamze132
09-14-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't know about that. If we continue to improve and the word gets out about DJ being a good coach to play for AND ralph opens up his wallet...Its possible to get some top FA's in here

I will agree this next offseason its time to get some impact FA's (2 or so) to complement the mid tier and draft picks.
We need to get a marquee name on the O-line above all else. It also wouldn't hurt to get rid of Tim Anderson.

jamze132
09-14-2006, 04:57 PM
and if I were Jauron I wouldn't let Coy Wire talk to anyone.
That is awesome. Since we are talking about players that shouldn't be allowed to talk to anyone, much less exist in a Bills uniform, you might as well throw in Tim Anderson. The guy is a bum.