Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Another Van Pelt in Buffalo?

Van Pelt wants return to NFL
    By Bill Williamson
    Denver Post Staff Writer

While the Broncos attempt to regroup from an unexpected and disappointing start of the season, Bradlee Van Pelt is in idyllic Northern Michigan trying to resurrect his NFL career.

Van Pelt is at his father's lake home, working out daily in hopes of catching on with a team. The Broncos cut Van Pelt on Sept. 2. He went unclaimed, although Houston and former Denver offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak considered claiming him. Van Pelt has a workout scheduled in Seattle on Tuesday. Buffalo also has shown interest in a workout.

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Another Van Pelt in Buffalo?

i have loved the way this guy plays since he was in college. alot of broncos fans were not happy about him getting cut.. i would love to see him in a bills uni.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Kerr
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Same here. Bring him in. Does this mean they aren't happy with their current #3?

Comment

• bflojohn
        • Aug 2005

You should know the Dick Jauron mantra by now..... competition at EVERY position. No one on the team is gauranteed anything. bring them in to see, because Bradlee Van Pelt is a viable option out there. Just my opinion!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

If he's not PS-eligible, I don't think we'd take him.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

Maybe Nall has shown enough improvement since being out most of training camp to be the #2, which would make Holcomb trade bait or just plain ol cut.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

I'm really suprised that Buffalo has not shown more interest in QBs. Holcomb is well aged, and there are still lingering question marks hovering about the heads of Nall and Losman.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Kid has alot of heart, his arm strength is a big question, but he's a gamer...Id like this signing.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Van Pelt can run too.he would need to with this OL.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                    !?!?!?!?!?
                    • Mar 2006

honestly I'd feel safe with him as our starting QB if JP gets injured or doesnt preform well maybe if JP doesnt preform well he will save us a draft pick next year

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

I only saw him in a couple of games when he was at CSU. What I saw, I liked. He's a big, tough QB. I remember wanting the Bills to use a late rounder on him. That said, I don't really see him as a starter, but he might develop into a decent young back-up.

Comment

Working...
                      X