PDA

View Full Version : Guess What Mularkey is doing now?

ghz in pittsburgh
09-14-2006, 07:47 AM
As the news of Vincent on IR reaches Miami, Mularkey gotta be busy drawing up plays to take advantage of our rookies safeties.

Let's face it, he may not be a HC material, but he's proven and known around the league for breaking down films and finding mismatches. I'd bet he's trying to find formations and plays that the rookies have not seen before in their lives, maybe a trick play or two.

Stay on your men Donte and Ko, stay on your men.

Earthquake Enyart
09-14-2006, 07:49 AM
The triple reverse halfback option would work well.

BlackMetalNinja
09-14-2006, 07:50 AM

Probably only inside the 3 yard line though...

RedEyE
09-14-2006, 07:54 AM
That's a given. Honestly, I don't think the Dolphins will change too much of their offensive game plan. The Bills gave up over 180 yards on the ground last week and every defense in the league will challenge that until Buffalo proves they're up to the task of stopping it.

With that being said, I can see MM calling in the flea flicker again this week. It didn't happen last week against Pitt. In fact it ended in a horribly broken play, but if Brown starts getting 3-4 yards a carry early in the game, the Bills D will quickly start to load the box and a quick flick redirect back to Culpepper has Buffalo's rookies one on one with Chambers downfield.

They need to play smart D and take the run away from Miami early on.

mybills
09-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Just need to play two first halfs of last week. :up:

North_Coast
09-14-2006, 08:16 AM
He's gonna try, but the Carp's OL is about on par with the Bills' 2005 OL (including ol' Fat Bennie!), and Daunte Culpepper looked in his 2005 pre-injury form as well: inaccurate and inconsistent.

The Carp's O bears a striking resemblance to the Bills' O in 2005, starting with a terrible OL that can't open holes for the run and doesn't pass block well (that's been disguised by using shorter drops), which limits the team's ability to go long. Mularkey has show the same reluctance to stick to the run and the same fondness for gadget plays in Miami that he had in B-lo.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm not too worried about MM. Like last week, the Bills can't beat themselves if they are to win.

OpIv37
09-14-2006, 08:30 AM
That's a given. Honestly, I don't think the Dolphins will change too much of their offensive game plan. The Bills gave up over 180 yards on the ground last week and every defense in the league will challenge that until Buffalo proves they're up to the task of stopping it.

exactly- right now, it looks like the only thing Mularkey needs to test our safeties is running plays.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Miami is going to run - I can guarantee that. The Steelers have the best or the 2nd best NT in NFL (the other being Chargers' NT) in Casey Hampton. And nobody, I mean absolutely nobody runs on the Steelers. So I give Miami a bye on last week's 38 yard rushing yard debacle.

This week, however, could be very different. It's their home opener. On the football front, their defense played very well last week and for the most part, contained Pittsburgh's running attack - it took Willie Parker 29 carries to get his yards, especially late. Their secondary is relatively weak but they compensate it with the pressure up front. Based on what the Bills did in NE, I expect them to bring a lot of zone blitz out of their 3-4. The Steelers O-Line gave Batch a lot of time in the pocket. How the Bills O-Line handles the pressure, or shall I say rebounds from the disaster performance in the 2nd half of NE game will probably determine the game.

On offense, Miami looked dangerous with Brown, Culpepper, good receivers and Randy McMichael. Their failure to run last week allowed the Steelers to bring pressure on Culpepper. Still I think he handled pretty well, not great but OK. Against the Bills, I have to believe that Brown will have more success. I'd not be surprised that he gets 100 yard rushing. I think the Bills coaches will do a few adjustments on their scheme based on last week, really the first week of playing in the new defense. So the gap control might be a little better as I don't believe they'll give up 180 yard rushing again. The strength of the Tampa cover 2 defense is against pass. If we can sustain the same level of pass defense against NE in Miami, I think we'll be fine, even we give up 100 yard rushing to Brown.

Mularkey had a lot of success against Tampa with the Steelers. They used their big O-Linemen and Bettis crushed the smallish Tampa D-Line every time, even in Tampa's superbowl year. No doubt he'll try the same with Miami. But as long as we do not lose the running battle as bad as we did in NE, I think we have a chance to come out with a W.

3rdn1
09-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Did any one hear the guys in the both on thurdays game when the show him in the both. he read the DEF. and call it to the side line and they give to CHOKE-A-PEPPER. They also use the same OFF. as last year. NOT mikes

Les Nessman
09-14-2006, 09:02 AM
dont forget you have to play the refs too when your in miami.

TigerJ
09-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Make it a triple reverse, halfback option flea flicker and Miami might win the game with a single play. (It might take the whole game to develop)

Seriously, one of the merits of the Tampa 2 system is it's relatively simple, yet works against a variety of offenses and plays. It depends on players knowing their roles and playing with discipline and athleticism. If Whitner and Simpson do their jobs, it really doesn't matter what Mularkey might throw at them. As far as they're concerned, they can regard it all as a bunch of mularkey.