X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

This is a must win!!

The loser of this game is 0-2 and will already be 2 games behind in the AFC east. Whether or not you think this is a playoff team (I don't) the point is that you don't want to be in last place after 2 games. The Bills are rebuilding to become winners. Losing this game put's us in a big hole early. NE was going to be tough no-matter-what but this is a winnable game.

Players that need to step up:

1) McGahee, no more excuses.

2) Clements. After getting lambasted last year he owes the fans one.

3) Moorman. I don't care if you can kick an 80 yard kick in pre-season. Do it when it counts.
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: This is a must win!!

You're right. It's Miami week-it's always a must win.

Mcgahee will be playing in front of his hometown with many family and friends. If he hasn't been that motivated before, maybe the presence of his relatives will motivate him.

Clements is an aqua and teel killer. He's likely to show up.

Moorman just had an off day.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
      Clements is an aqua and teel killer. He's likely to show up.
      Yeah, giving up 220 yards to Chambers really killed them last year.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

Yes it is a must win, this team needs something big to build on. A win in Miami to put them in an 0-2 hole would be very big.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          And Clements wasn't responsible for half of them. Thank God Jerry Gray is gone.

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

with the exception of last year.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              And Clements wasn't responsible for half of them. Thank God Jerry Gray is gone.
              well, I disagree, but even if you're right it means he gave up 110 yards to Chambers. Clements really needs to step it up. I'm really sick of this guy getting $7 million a season to not do ****.

Everyone wants to blame Jerry Gray for having Clements 10 yards off the LOS. Well, when Chambers is making catches 20 yards downfield, that 10 yard gap should be gone by then. Seems to me that Clements was cheating back- playing off chambers to avoid the big play, but giving him all the short- to-middle range stuff.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Everyone wants to blame Jerry Gray for having Clements 10 yards off the LOS. Well, when Chambers is making catches 20 yards downfield, that 10 yard gap should be gone by then. Seems to me that Clements was cheating back- playing off chambers to avoid the big play, but giving him all the short- to-middle range stuff.
                I blame Jerry Gray because Clements should of been responsible for the coverage on Chambers 100% of the time. Some of the media consider Clements 1 of the best CB in the league, if thats the case he should lineup against the other teams best WR all game long.

The Last drive alone when Chambers caught a 57 yard pass and TD pass on final play of game someone else besides Clements was covering him. I think it was Greer if i recall correctly.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  I blame Jerry Gray because Clements wasn't responsible for the coverage on Chambers half the time. Some of the media consider Clements 1 of the best CB in the league, if thats the case he should lineup against the other teams best WR all game long.

The Last drive alone when Chambers caught a 57 yard pass and TD pass on final play of game someone else besides Clements was covering him. I think it was Greer if i recall correctly.
                  well, no doubt the coaching was lackluster last year.

But to some degree, the players are responsible for their performance too. I think the coaching and the performance were both issues last year, and I don't want one to get off the hook because of the other.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

its not a must win

emotionally maybe

but in a practical sense no team is out of the playoffs at 0-2, especially when those two were on the road
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Meathead
                      its not a must win
                      agreed, would be nice to win but its Miami's home opener though alot of road teams won last week its always tough to beat a team in their home opener no matter how good or bad that team may be

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

for Bills to make the playoffs they must go at least 6-2 at home and 4-4 on the road

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

well, no doubt the coaching was lackluster last year.

But to some degree, the players are responsible for their performance too. I think the coaching and the performance were both issues last year, and I don't want one to get off the hook because of the other.
                          I agree.

I just think its wrong to blame Clements for all of Chambers 225 yards last year when he wasn't the one responsible for coverage for all of it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                            its not a must win

emotionally maybe

but in a practical sense no team is out of the playoffs at 0-2, especially when those two were on the road
                            It is a must win.

It's not 0-2, it's 0-2 in the division.

The AFC is too strong for the Bills to expect a wild card. The AFCE, however, seems relatively weak. 10-6 or 9-7 might win the division. But 9-7 with 4 division losses won't. We need to win the next 2 to have any shot.

Personally I think expecting this team to go 9-7 or 10-6 is out of the question, but if they can be 2-1 after the Jets game, it's not entirely out of the question. If we go 0-3 or 1-2 in the division/conference to start the season, playoffs are pretty much out of reach.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

It is a must win.

It's not 0-2, it's 0-2 in the division.

The AFC is too strong for the Bills to expect a wild card. The AFCE, however, seems relatively weak. 10-6 or 9-7 might win the division. But 9-7 with 4 division losses won't. We need to win the next 2 to have any shot.

Personally I think expecting this team to go 9-7 or 10-6 is out of the question, but if they can be 2-1 after the Jets game, it's not entirely out of the question. If we go 0-3 or 1-2 in the division/conference to start the season, playoffs are pretty much out of reach.

Totally disagree, if the Bills take care of businiess at home within AFCE and sweep the Jets, which I think isnt beyond the realm of possibilty that leaves them at 4-2 within the division and gives them a great shot at the divsion crown

in reality was is the difference when the Bills have 2 division losses if thats the only 2 losses they have within the division ??

Comment

Working...
                              X