PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about you

ghz in pittsburgh
09-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Just because the Bills played better than we thought doesn't mean we'll be world beaters. Miami went to Pittsburgh who is definitely better than NE at this point (for that game, Batch did just as good as Roethlisberger could, if not better). And they took Pittsburgh right down to the wire.

JP played better than I thought he would at this point. But is he better than Culpepper at this point? Probably not. Miami's offensive line is not very good, but so is the Bills'. They have a weak secondary, but their D-Line is much better than ours.

You guys think Mularkey is trash, but he's highly respected as an OC. In fact most people in Pittsburgh, including those criticized him while he was in Pittsburgh, thought he called a good game.

All in all, I have no better feeling for the Bills going down to Miami than for the Bills going to Foxborough. I do, however, expect the Bills give the Dolphins a run for the money after seeing them giving the Pats a run. The important thing that I'm looking for is improvement, like the O-Line adjusting to blitz, D-Line stopping the run. If you have listened to Jauron's presser, you would've heard him saying stopping the run is very difficult, which leads me to believe that they expect improvements from the excutions of the same plays from the same players. That'll take time!!!

The signs point to the home opener as our first sure win. By then, we've played two games in the new schemes, No new adjustmenets to who should start and who shouldn't. And they are going to face the third straight 3-4 defense with similar styles. On top of that Jets is a notch below both Pats and Dolphins.

Mr. Miyagi
09-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Remember we went down to Miami last season and dominated, until Mularkey goofed it up with his bad play calls. We have a chance to win this game.

OpIv37
09-14-2006, 12:07 PM
if we stop the run and avoid mistakes, we will win.

However, despite some encouraging signs last week, we did neither of those things.

mybills
09-14-2006, 12:10 PM
I like Jauron's play book.

works pretty good on Madden 03! :D

L.A. Playa
09-14-2006, 12:11 PM
if we stop the run and avoid mistakes, we will win.

However, despite some encouraging signs last week, we did neither of those things.

Inspite of that 2 phantom block in the back penalties could have changed the tide

I watched the replay of the game on NFLN last night and stopped and slow motioned the replay of thos two plays and it looked like the NE players just took dives and neither Clements on his play and Royal on his play touched the NE player. Good coaching by NE to fake penalties to get a call

OpIv37
09-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Inspite of that 2 phantom block in the back penalties could have changed the tide

I watched the replay of the game on NFLN last night and stopped and slow motioned the replay of thos two plays and it looked like the NE players just took dives and neither Clements on his play and Royal on his play touched the NE player. Good coaching by NE to fake penalties to get a call

the one that negated Price's 1st down. was pretty bad- he put his hands up and barely touched the guy and the guy either took a dive or his own momentum. I didn't get a good look at the other one. Still, the refs didnt' miss the 4th and 1 or take a safety or give up 180 yards on the ground or miss tackles or miss blocks.

L.A. Playa
09-14-2006, 12:21 PM
the other bad call was a 3rd down play for the Pats around the 45 where they spotted the ball for them a yard further downfield to get a 1st down, but then again on Spikes sack they are lucky they didnt call roughing the passer

dplus47
09-14-2006, 12:32 PM

i'm a fan of nate clements and donte whitner, but on the pick, it looked like clements did the same kind of thing royal did: he half-heartedly pushed his man in the back. are you saying he missed? if so, they still have work to do: those guys really shouldn't put NE in a position where they can take dives, as bad as it sounds. when the ref sees you extending your arms toward someone's back and that person falls to the ground, he's gonna throw a flag. i don't like it, but the game goes quickly and calls must be rapid-fire. it looked to me like contact occurred in both instances, although that contact was minor.

L.A. Playa
09-14-2006, 12:39 PM
i'm a fan of nate clements and donte whitner, but on the pick, it looked like clements did the same kind of thing royal did: he half-heartedly pushed his man in the back. are you saying he missed? if so, they still have work to do: those guys really shouldn't put NE in a position where they can take dives, as bad as it sounds. when the ref sees you extending your arms toward someone's back and that person falls to the ground, he's gonna throw a flag. i don't like it, but the game goes quickly and calls must be rapid-fire. it looked to me like contact occurred in both instances, although that contact was minor.

from my eye I didint see contact either time

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2006, 12:44 PM
I am not guaranteeing a W but I think it should be a close game.

dplus47
09-14-2006, 12:46 PM
I am not guaranteeing a W but I think it should be a close game.

i've come to expect nothing less out of fins-bills games.

ublinkwescore
09-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Just because the Bills played better than we thought doesn't mean we'll be world beaters. Miami went to Pittsburgh who is definitely better than NE at this point (for that game, Batch did just as good as Roethlisberger could, if not better). And they took Pittsburgh right down to the wire.

JP played better than I thought he would at this point. But is he better than Culpepper at this point? Probably not. Miami's offensive line is not very good, but so is the Bills'. They have a weak secondary, but their D-Line is much better than ours.

You guys think Mularkey is trash, but he's highly respected as an OC. In fact most people in Pittsburgh, including those criticized him while he was in Pittsburgh, thought he called a good game.

All in all, I have no better feeling for the Bills going down to Miami than for the Bills going to Foxborough. I do, however, expect the Bills give the Dolphins a run for the money after seeing them giving the Pats a run. The important thing that I'm looking for is improvement, like the O-Line adjusting to blitz, D-Line stopping the run. If you have listened to Jauron's presser, you would've heard him saying stopping the run is very difficult, which leads me to believe that they expect improvements from the excutions of the same plays from the same players. That'll take time!!!

The signs point to the home opener as our first sure win. By then, we've played two games in the new schemes, No new adjustmenets to who should start and who shouldn't. And they are going to face the third straight 3-4 defense with similar styles. On top of that Jets is a notch below both Pats and Dolphins.

I don't think Pittsburgh is that much better than New England. They did lose a few important pieces - the bus, Randle El, Hope, and I know there were some others.

ublinkwescore
09-14-2006, 01:15 PM
If Belichek is coaching his players to take dives like that, that's just dirty. I think they need to start telling refs to look for that - if the contact doesn't look like it was enough to put someone on the ground, then don't throw the stinking flag - same with the kickers BTW - I did see some of the NFL Replay, and Moorman got screwed in one of those instances - the guy was buried by two pats players, and there wasn't a freakin' flag? what the HELL IS UP WITH THAT $#!T?!!?

Kerr
09-14-2006, 02:37 PM
The league needs to take a close look at this game in particular and make sure it doesn't happen again. Otherwise, refs need to start being fined or suspended. You know something, i'd rather wait for a game to end in five hours rather than three hours, if it means all these phantom calls can be reviewed through replay.

Meathead
09-14-2006, 03:18 PM
24 - 17 fish

Bufftp
09-14-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm very confident.

OpIv37
09-14-2006, 03:49 PM
The league needs to take a close look at this game in particular and make sure it doesn't happen again. Otherwise, refs need to start being fined or suspended. You know something, i'd rather wait for a game to end in five hours rather than three hours, if it means all these phantom calls can be reviewed through replay.

you may be willing to wait but there's TV revenues on the line. The NFL doesn't want to cut into the late games or have to change the times.