PDA

View Full Version : Hey spikes, Suck it up and deal with it!

ICE74129
09-14-2006, 02:46 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060914/1063459.asp?tbd1063459.asp

What a friggin crybaby. Guess what TKO? Your best bud Fletcher will be gone next year too. Now either STFU and be a leader and part of the solution, or sit out and demand a trade so we can get a TEAM player in here.

I honestly don't care he has x amount of years in the league. This 'I am too old to be on a rebuilding team' bull crap isn't going to fly. Hopefully DJ and Marv have the guts to pull him aside and tell him how its going to be.

OpIv37
09-14-2006, 02:52 PM
"But you have to be a realist about every situation that happens. If you write it down on paper or even say it out loud, it spells rebuilding. As much as you don't want it to be that way, ultimately that's the way that it is."
well at least now we know we know where TKO stands on the realist/homer debate.

Kerr
09-14-2006, 02:55 PM
What did spikes say that was so bad?

The_Philster
09-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Whatever you say, Dr. ICE :rolleyes: You're not only the greatest football mind that ever lived, but you know a person's body better than they do...when you're nowhere near them

:roflmao:

Iehoshua
09-14-2006, 02:56 PM
:laughing:

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Spikes said something along the lines of "If they put Troy on IR, they might as well put me on it as well."

He needs to realize how much the team needs him as a positive influence.

patmoran2006
09-14-2006, 03:10 PM
http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060914/1063459.asp (http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060914/1063459.asp)
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
As always, Takeo Spikes didn't attempt to hide his emotions. You could detect the anger in his quavering voice, in his reddened eyes and in his unsmiling jaw. Spikes has resisted the notion that the Bills are rebuilding. He hates the sound of the word, said it leaves a sour taste in his mouth.
<o:p></o:p>
But on Wednesday, by placing Troy Vincent on injured reserve for the rest of the season, the Bills essentially told Spikes to swallow the bitter truth. The team is looking to the future and is willing to take its lumps with younger, cheaper players.

OpIv37
09-14-2006, 03:12 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=108303

L.A. Playa
09-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Ice and Patmoran are on the same wave length its like they are inside each others head, or eachothers ass

gil
09-14-2006, 03:14 PM
I think I read that TKO found out about Vincent - literally - a minute before he met with the press yesterday and gave those quotes.

If you interviewed me one minute after a friend of mine was fired who I had worked with for a couple of years, I would spout off a heck of a lot worse than he did, and my business is pretty cut-throat too.

patmoran2006
09-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I posted a story that appeared in the Buffalo news.. Sorry, I'm not a homer who only posts a bills related article when it has something GOOD to say about the team.

The_Philster
09-14-2006, 03:16 PM
I think I read that TKO found out about Vincent - literally - a minute before he met with the press yesterday and gave those quotes.

If you interviewed me one minute after a friend of mine was fired who I had worked with for a couple of years, I would spout off a heck of a lot worse than he did, and my business is pretty cut-throat too.
Good point...finding out something like that...it'd make a person speak with their heart...let emotions cloud their thinking. Personally, I'm one of the few against the move, but I can understand why they did it.

Meathead
09-14-2006, 03:16 PM
yeah i cant really blame his frustration

when he came here the bills were a consensus team on the rise. nobody could have predicted they would crash and burn like they did. its just a tough break. he probably thinks he shoulda stayed in cinci and i couldnt blame him for that either

but it is what it is and he just has to play to have either the chance to build a contender or leave. i think he will do his best this year and make his decision how he feels after the season. sounds like thats where hes heading and thats fair

im not giving up on the season though. its a longshot but right now the schedule looks favorable and they could come on strong at the end. i have to admit i doubt it given that the rooks cant appear to possibly continue at the level theyve established so far but if they can its a whole nother story

let us :pray:

Kerr
09-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Spikes said something along the lines of "If they put Troy on IR, they might as well put me on it as well."

He needs to realize how much the team needs him as a positive influence.

That shouldn't bother anyone. Spikes has always been an emotional player on and off the field. It's obvious he feels bad for troy and hates the reality of it, but he understands it. Spikes will get over it.

L.A. Playa
09-14-2006, 03:19 PM
and if anyone would have expertise in sucking that would be you Ice

Mr. Miyagi
09-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Threads merged.

gil
09-14-2006, 03:23 PM
That shouldn't bother anyone. Spikes has always been an emotional player on and off the field. It's obvious he feels bad for troy and hates the reality of it, but he understands it. Spikes will get over it.

I think this is right - I, for one, think that even if TKO hates the move, I think he will continue to be a leader and play the way he knows how.

And, I don't see this 'tearing the team apart' like a good old QB battle can do - certainly nothing like last year - I don't know how many games we're going to win or lose based purely on who our starting FS is.

Mr. Miyagi
09-14-2006, 03:23 PM
and if anyone would have expertise in sucking that would be you Ice

and if anone would have expertise in sucking that would be you Ice
Would you like to be warned once or twice for this?

Stay off the personal attack please. :miyagi:

L.A. Playa
09-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Would you like to be warned once or twice for this?

Stay off the personal attack please. :miyagi:

how is that a personal attack ??

I am saying he is good at sucking

ublinkwescore
09-14-2006, 04:00 PM
how is that a personal attack ??

I am saying he is good at sucking

I gotta sympathize with L.A. Playa on this one.

Since Ice is such a tough guy, I'm sure he can take it anyways.

ICE74129
09-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Whatever you say, Dr. ICE :rolleyes: You're not only the greatest football mind that ever lived, but you know a person's body better than they do...when you're nowhere near them

:roflmao:

First off, yes its pretty easy to determine injury rehab times these days. Esp with the stuff that they have at their disposal.

That said, try reading a post before replying to it. Where did I say anything about injuries?

I am sick of the self centered attitude. 'Waaaah I am on a rebuilding team....waaaah what about MY Career....waaaaah'

GROW UP already

ICE74129
09-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Ice and Patmoran are on the same wave length its like they are inside each others head, or eachothers ass

If you would get your lipps off of Willis' you would see I was right on this issue. TKO is being a friggin self centered cry baby

L.A. Playa
09-14-2006, 04:35 PM
If you would get your lipps off of Willis' you would see I was right on this issue. TKO is being a friggin self centered cry baby

honostely I could careless of what Spikes thinks, Vincent lost a few steps before the injury he would have comeback even slower, give the young guy a chance to play

ICE74129
09-14-2006, 04:35 PM
yeah i cant really blame his frustration

when he came here the bills were a consensus team on the rise. nobody could have predicted they would crash and burn like they did. its just a tough break. he probably thinks he shoulda stayed in cinci and i couldnt blame him for that either

but it is what it is and he just has to play to have either the chance to build a contender or leave. i think he will do his best this year and make his decision how he feels after the season. sounds like thats where hes heading and thats fair

im not giving up on the season though. its a longshot but right now the schedule looks favorable and they could come on strong at the end. i have to admit i doubt it given that the rooks cant appear to possibly continue at the level theyve established so far but if they can its a whole nother story

let us :pray:

Tough. He is paid millions to play football, not ***** and whine like a girl about his situation. Hey, go in and tell DJ And Marv you quit is you dont' like it. Demand a trade. At this point, with his attitude, we dont' need him. He is setting a BAD EXAMPLE for the young team

L.A. Playa
09-14-2006, 04:38 PM
I am not saying this is the case, but as a player, if you think you are a difference maker and everywhere you go your team keeps losing, at some point dont you need to look at the common denominator, yourself and make the changes within to come out on top ??

LifetimeBillsFan
09-14-2006, 05:27 PM
.... Hopefully DJ and Marv have the guts to pull him aside and tell him how its going to be.

ICE, you really have to listen to Dick Jauron's press conference on 9/13!
http://www.buffalobills.com/podcast/index.xml (scroll down to the link to Jauron's 9/13 press conference)

Your prayers have essentially been answered.

Someone in the press conference asked Jauron about players on the team being upset by the move of putting Vincent on IR. Jauron said he hadn't heard about anyone on the team being upset, but, if anyone was, they could come and talk with him and he would tell them why the team chose to do it.

Even more than what Jauron said, you have to hear the tone that he used in answering the question. I couldn't keep from laughing. I have a feeling TKO already knows that he will find a more sympathetic audience amongst the Bills beat writers than he will in the head coach's office.

TKO can say whatever he wants and the press can write or say whatever they want, but, after hearing Jauron, I don't think it's going to change a thing. TKO and Fletcher should have gotten the memo when their buddy Posey got cut the last time they piped up to the press about a coaching decision...of course, this could be Spikes' way of trying to talk his way out of town again, something that he was successful in doing in Cincy.

mybills
09-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Cry baby? What are you smoking?

"I'm a realist," Spikes said. "This day is going to come for everybody. It's going to come for me and for everybody else, whether it's a rookie or a ninth-year player. You live and learn. You realize that when you're in this game - or I should say, this business - you can't think with your heart first. You have to think about the long run, the outcome."
This makes perfect sense. :up:

!Papacrunk!
09-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Well after I saw what he did to Brady, he could take a breather come Sunday. Um, wouldn't want to reinjure anything, yeah, that's why he should take a breather, lol.

TacklingDummy
09-14-2006, 06:16 PM
******ed Thread.

Bill Cody
09-14-2006, 07:01 PM
******ed Thread.

Don't tell me you're surprised?

mybills
09-14-2006, 07:09 PM
post # 28..lol. post #'s 29, & 30..:snicker:

The Quebecer
09-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Spikes should get his anger out on Culpepper this next Sunday, that's what he should do!

X-Era
09-15-2006, 07:01 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060914/1063459.asp?tbd1063459.asp

What a friggin crybaby. Guess what TKO? Your best bud Fletcher will be gone next year too. Now either STFU and be a leader and part of the solution, or sit out and demand a trade so we can get a TEAM player in here.

I honestly don't care he has x amount of years in the league. This 'I am too old to be on a rebuilding team' bull crap isn't going to fly. Hopefully DJ and Marv have the guts to pull him aside and tell him how its going to be.

Im a bit worried that our suposed best player, at the position where players usually are the toughest, has spent so much time on the sidelines.

No way around needing a guy like TKO in the Fins game.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 07:04 AM
I gotta sympathize with L.A. Playa on this one.

Since Ice is such a tough guy, I'm sure he can take it anyways.

And if I dropped that on one of you, I would have my warning level raised.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 07:07 AM
I am not saying this is the case, but as a player, if you think you are a difference maker and everywhere you go your team keeps losing, at some point dont you need to look at the common denominator, yourself and make the changes within to come out on top ??

Then ask to be traded. I understand he is an impact player. What we need is a LEADER as well. Did Spikes ever once stop to see that Ko, Dante, and the rest of our draft picks are watching him? He is the type of guy they key on to see how you act in the NFL.

I don't care if he likes it, or even wants it but he is looked upon as being a leader and right now all he is doing is showing the kids its ok to ***** and whine if you are ever stuck on a team that is rebuilding. It is a piss poor attitude no matter how you cut it.

And I will say again, whats he going to do when Fletcher is gone next offseason? How big a hissy fit then?

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 07:09 AM
ICE, you really have to listen to Dick Jauron's press conference on 9/13!
http://www.buffalobills.com/podcast/index.xml (scroll down to the link to Jauron's 9/13 press conference)

Your prayers have essentially been answered.

Someone in the press conference asked Jauron about players on the team being upset by the move of putting Vincent on IR. Jauron said he hadn't heard about anyone on the team being upset, but, if anyone was, they could come and talk with him and he would tell them why the team chose to do it.

Even more than what Jauron said, you have to hear the tone that he used in answering the question. I couldn't keep from laughing. I have a feeling TKO already knows that he will find a more sympathetic audience amongst the Bills beat writers than he will in the head coach's office.

TKO can say whatever he wants and the press can write or say whatever they want, but, after hearing Jauron, I don't think it's going to change a thing. TKO and Fletcher should have gotten the memo when their buddy Posey got cut the last time they piped up to the press about a coaching decision...of course, this could be Spikes' way of trying to talk his way out of town again, something that he was successful in doing in Cincy.

Wow! DJ DID get his pair back from his old lady LOL! :bandwagon Without saying it, I agree his tone was 'Tough ****'. Things are going to be ran differently now. It honestly wouldn't suprise me to see him traded this offseason.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Cry baby? What are you smoking?

"I'm a realist," Spikes said. "This day is going to come for everybody. It's going to come for me and for everybody else, whether it's a rookie or a ninth-year player. You live and learn. You realize that when you're in this game - or I should say, this business - you can't think with your heart first. You have to think about the long run, the outcome."
This makes perfect sense. :up:

Yeah cry baby. What makes perfect sense is to shut up, go in the locker room like a LEADER and pull the troops together. Instead its more *****ing and whining to the media.

Earthquake Enyart
09-15-2006, 07:43 AM
Personally, I like having players on the team that don't like losing.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Personally, I like having players on the team that don't like losing.

I don't remember him saying much about winning or losing yet. Only whining about who is here and who isn't. Last time I checked, the bills TEAM was damn close to winning last sunday. If Spikes STFU and acted like a leader maybe we would WIN more games. Hummmm.....

Oh and playing a full game and practicing this week so he can play against a division rival this weekend would be nice too.

mybills
09-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Ice, the truth is, you do more *****ing & whining than he does.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Ice, the truth is, you do more *****ing & whining than he does.

The truth is I'm not a spoiled multi millionare. Quit making excuses and giving free passes for these guys.

mybills
09-15-2006, 08:13 AM
See what I mean? :D

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 08:31 AM
well at least now we know we know where TKO stands on the realist/homer debate.haha! Really funny. He didn't say the season was gonna be a disaster even before the preseason starter, did he? Rob Johnson is the poster child for the defeatist.

Jan Reimers
09-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Let's face it. TKO came here from a bad Bengals team to finally get a taste of the playoffs. But Cinci has developed into a Super Bowl contender, while we've missed the playoffs each year that Spikes has been a Bill.

TKO is simply frustrated, and I can't say that I blame him. But he should keep it to himself, and work like Hell to make us a playoff team, too.

Ickybaluky
09-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Let's face it. TKO came here from a bad Bengals team to finally get a taste of the playoffs. But Cinci has developed into a Super Bowl contender, while we've missed the playoffs each year that Spikes has been a Bill.

TKO is simply frustrated, and I can't say that I blame him. But he should keep it to himself, and work like Hell to make us a playoff team, too.

You hit the nail on the head. Spikes is in his 9th season and hasn't ever been to the playoffs. I think it is understandable he would be frustrated with a rebuilding project. However, as a team leader he does need to swallow that frustration and keep working.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 09:02 AM

so? the man gets paid millions. See here is whats missed, it doesnt' matter HE has went to the playoffs or not. it matters the BILLS haven't in years. So instead of being a LEADER and being a good example to the team and its young players, he would rather ***** and whine to the press.

NoodlearmchadforMVP
09-15-2006, 09:07 AM
I was at the Jets/Bills game in buffalo last year, when Spikes came out on the field, the place when crazy. Whats the overall Concensus on this guy, do you guys like him or do you think hes a bad influence?

mybills
09-15-2006, 09:10 AM
I was at the Jets/Bills game in buffalo last year, when Spikes came out on the field, the place when crazy. Whats the overall Concensus on this guy, do you guys like him or do you think hes a bad influence?
MOST of us LIKE him. The cheering crowd says it all.

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 09:18 AM
so? the man gets paid millions. See here is whats missed, it doesnt' matter HE has went to the playoffs or not. it matters the BILLS haven't in years. So instead of being a LEADER and being a good example to the team and its young players, he would rather ***** and whine to the press.
he only answered what they asked thim. He hasn't said anything since then. It's only considered whining when you b!tch about the same thing constantly.

Just so you know, he was being a leader by pretty much watching after his boy. That's what teammates do, they got each others back. I would have done the same thing if I felt the guy I go to battle with got lowballed by a higher ranking officer. But then again, I wouldn't let it affect my game. He hasn't shown whether it affects his game yet and you've already blasted him. Good job as usual overreacting too soon..

gr8slayer
09-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Hey slash, remove head from ass.

Spikes can do whatever the hell he wants. He is the closest thing to a true all-star that the Bills have had since Thrum left. After dealing with what he has had to deal with (multiple coaches, crappy owner, not getting better via FA) he has earned the right to *****. So do us all a favor and go back to being a professional head coach, computer specialist, professor, doctor, whatever else master claims to be.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Hey slash, remove head from ass.

Spikes can do whatever the hell he wants. He is the closest thing to a true all-star that the Bills have had since Thrum left. After dealing with what he has had to deal with (multiple coaches, crappy owner, not getting better via FA) he has earned the right to *****. So do us all a favor and go back to being a professional head coach, computer specialist, professor, doctor, whatever else master claims to be.

I'm all of which but thats besides the point....

That said...awwww waaaaah. Thats all spikes gets. Grow up, STFU and play ball. He gets paid to play ball and paid well to do so at a high level, not ***** and whine.

gr8slayer
09-15-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm all of which but thats besides the point....

That said...awwww waaaaah. Thats all spikes gets. Grow up, STFU and play ball. He gets paid to play ball and paid well to do so at a high level, not ***** and whine.
And I'm sure you get paid to be a "computer specialist" yet you sit on a message board all day begging people to like you so they will give you fake reputation points.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 09:28 AM
he only answered what they asked thim. He hasn't said anything since then. It's only considered whining when you b!tch about the same thing constantly.

Just so you know, he was being a leader by pretty much watching after his boy. That's what teammates do, they got each others back. I would have done the same thing if I felt the guy I go to battle with got lowballed by a higher ranking officer. But then again, I wouldn't let it affect my game. He hasn't shown whether it affects his game yet and you've already blasted him. Good job as usual overreacting too soon..

no its his job to be a leader on this team. Being one doesn't mean setting a bad example for the younger players. And BTW the RIGHT Thing to do....is go into Marv and DJ's office and let them know how you feel, not whining like a girl thats OTR to the media.

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 09:37 AM
no its his job to be a leader on this team. Being one doesn't mean setting a bad example for the younger players. And BTW the RIGHT Thing to do....is go into Marv and DJ's office and let them know how you feel, not whining like a girl thats OTR to the media.So what should he have said, "TV is done. He's old" Yeah, that would certainly send the right message to his teammates.NOT. You were one of the biggest whiners about the vets not supporting JP last year. Now that TKO supported TV it's a probelm again? You're a bigger whiner than TKO. You obviously have double standards.

I dare you show us any proof that Spikes hasn't been a leader on this team. Every player looks up to him as one. You're the only one with the OPINION that he isn't while the players themselves think he's one. Are you gonna tell me you know more than the players themselves?

ICE if you and I went to battle and both gave our best, I'd have your back. I'd stick out for you. That's what Spikes did.

OpIv37
09-15-2006, 09:54 AM
haha! Really funny. He didn't say the season was gonna be a disaster even before the preseason starter, did he? Rob Johnson is the poster child for the defeatist.

to my knowledge, he didn't say that the season would be a disaster. So maybe he claims to be a realist but he's really a homer in disguise.

As far as Rob Johnson, the fact that he has a SB ring and Jim Kelly does not is proof that there's no justice in the world.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 09:54 AM
So what should he have said, "TV is done. He's old" Yeah, that would certainly send the right message to his teammates.NOT. You were one of the biggest whiners about the vets not supporting JP last year. Now that TKO supported TV it's a probelm again? You're a bigger whiner than TKO. You obviously have double standards.

I dare you show us any proof that Spikes hasn't been a leader on this team. Every player looks up to him as one. You're the only one with the OPINION that he isn't while the players themselves think he's one. Are you gonna tell me you know more than the players themselves?

ICE if you and I went to battle and both gave our best, I'd have your back. I'd stick out for you. That's what Spikes did.

No I think you would be one of the ones trying to hug the other guy instead of kill him saying 'two wrongs dont make a right' as I got killed. No thanks.

what Spikes should have done is say something to the effect 'Man I hate hearing that, we really needed him, but we will do all we can to rally together and give our two new safetys all the help we can. Its a loss of a good player but this team will still rally together and start trying to win some games'.

THEN go and have it out with Marv and DJ. I dont' feel either would have an issue letting him vent initally.

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 10:30 AM
No I think you would be one of the ones trying to hug the other guy instead of kill him saying 'two wrongs dont make a right' as I got killed. No thanks.

what Spikes should have done is say something to the effect 'Man I hate hearing that, we really needed him, but we will do all we can to rally together and give our two new safetys all the help we can. Its a loss of a good player but this team will still rally together and start trying to win some games'.

THEN go and have it out with Marv and DJ. I dont' feel either would have an issue letting him vent initally. Haha! Yeah, you're right. I would let you go and do your own thing. I'd even have a aprty if they cut you. Knowing you, you've got no one else's back but your own since you obviously are full of yourself. You'd be staring at yourself in the mirror admiring yourself. . I should've used someone else as an example.

You blasted HOlcomb (or vets) and called him a lockerroom cancer. Spikes sticks up for his guy and you say he needs to STFU. You're full of self contradiction and you can't even see it.

Guess what Mr. MEME. Spikes just sent a message to his teammates. "I've got your back"

dplus47
09-15-2006, 12:25 PM

it's very difficult to get me to laugh out loud. nice work!