PDA

View Full Version : New Sabres Jersey Leaked - Thank Sabres.com

JD
09-14-2006, 01:26 PM
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2597/leakedlogowm2.png

SkateZilla
09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
(edit: JD Beat me To It, so repectfully his post is returned to where it belongs, hint, its not cuz you groaned at me either :respect: )

Here:
Just to End the Discussion, ANd Since Sabres.com has changed because of thisGlitch,

all previous threads involving phtoshops, leaked fake images, and discussions about the logo were merged, this is the official logo and jersey, i suspect sabres.com webmaster might be in a wee bit of trouble :)

Keep Discussions in THIS THREAD,

I Present the New Jerseys (credit to "plethora" sabresfans.com)
(will get a larger clearer pic soon)
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2609/sabresdy3.png

SabreEleven
09-14-2006, 03:40 PM
***See the other 5 threads already started about this.

DraftBoy
09-14-2006, 03:46 PM
I like it

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2006, 03:48 PM
I actually do like it after all my complaining.....

JD
09-14-2006, 04:00 PM
What the hell is wrong with you skate? What was wrong with my thread?

And actually, I was the first to find this. I even checked SabreFans.com and there was nothing. I went to an interview, came back then posted it. Way to hijack threads once again :shakehead:

Philagape
09-14-2006, 04:01 PM
I like the dark blue. Now put the old crest on that jersey, and I'll buy it.

Myers57
09-14-2006, 04:20 PM
jd just had his 15 mins of fame

SkateZilla
09-14-2006, 05:09 PM
What the hell is wrong with you skate? What was wrong with my thread?

And actually, I was the first to find this. I even checked SabreFans.com and there was nothing. I went to an interview, came back then posted it. Way to hijack threads once again :shakehead:

i posted in your thread, then it disapeared, i dunno where it went, some one else merged it, or it was merged with another thread as I was merging the old threads...

I'll look into it,.. EDIT : Found it, was merged sometime, might have been me but i merged them all and had every intention of leaving yours alone, then it went missing.... so... moved yours back, so now the topic is all yours again :oops: , seriously, didnt meen to move yours :oops:

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

Michael82
09-14-2006, 05:32 PM
The Buffaslug ruins such a nice looking jersey. :sigh:

CuseJetsFan83
09-14-2006, 06:49 PM
i dunno, honestly i like it..... after all the complaining i did on it

Michael82
09-14-2006, 07:28 PM
i dunno, honestly i like it..... after all the complaining i did on it
That's just what I was worried about..... :ill: :puke:

Nighthawk
09-14-2006, 07:30 PM
This jersey is pretty sweet. You have to admit, it looks pretty nice.

pyrrhonist
09-14-2006, 07:39 PM
After all of us wondering who would leak the pics out first, isn't it crazy that the Sabres themselves would be the ones to leak it!?! :lol:

The only complaint I do have is where the jersey number is. That's outright weird. Otherwise, my fence-sitting paid of*******I like it.

SkateZilla
09-14-2006, 07:45 PM
After all of us wondering who would leak the pics out first, isn't it crazy that the Sabres themselves would be the ones to leak it!?! :lol:

The only complaint I do have is where the jersey number is. That's outright weird. Otherwise, my fence-sitting paid of*******I like it.

yeah, is that the "design aspect no one else has" ? is my question.....

i like the color and the way the logo looks on the color...

it wasnt hte sabres, teh webmaster did a poorly designed flash that was supposed to reveal th picture a Pixel at a time ...

pyrrhonist
09-14-2006, 07:54 PM
it wasnt hte sabres, teh webmaster did a poorly designed flash that was supposed to reveal th picture a Pixel at a time ...

And here I thought Biron was posting it from the bench! :cool:

I realize it wasn't the team per se, but the webmaster of their website is a Sabres employee directly, so......You can see my logic. :up:

RockStar36
09-14-2006, 07:55 PM
I held out hope and it paid off. I actually like the way it looks. It's a nice jersey.

Nighthawk
09-14-2006, 08:08 PM
I held out hope and it paid off. I actually like the way it looks. It's a nice jersey.

I like it because it is subtle and not too flashy. Simple sometimes is better.

Historian
09-14-2006, 08:13 PM
It looks like the Sabres Talking Proud button.

BlackMetalNinja
09-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Thats a much darker blue than I thought it would be... and I like that part of it. But that damn slug still sucks regardless.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-14-2006, 08:49 PM

Didn't the BILLS do this when we unveiled our new jerseys:question: I'm talking about the jerseys we wear now not the throwbacks. I think the BILLS store at buffalobills.com put them up a little bit too early on the website :oops: by the way :sorry: to go :offtopic:

BAM
09-14-2006, 09:00 PM
I like the colors but WTF is up with the logo? Dumbest looking logo in the NHL pretty much.

SkateZilla
09-14-2006, 09:03 PM
And here I thought Biron was posting it from the bench! :cool:

I realize it wasn't the team per se, but the webmaster of their website is a Sabres employee directly, so......You can see my logic. :up:

Really, I thought they Hired a Webmaster in-directly (ie Webhost Runs the page and updates it)

I run a Better page than they do, and ours is capable of alot more than theirs, and ours has secuirity to stop people from doing what happened to the old sabres.com board .:honda: :dance:

------------------------

Once Again JD, Dude, I seriously didnt mean to steal your thread, and your thread is yours again (well teh title is different to better reflect the subject)

Bill Brasky
09-14-2006, 09:41 PM
still looks like, and belongs in, the garbage.

Michael82
09-15-2006, 12:11 AM
I like the colors but WTF is up with the logo? Dumbest looking logo in the NHL pretty much.
Agreed! :up:

Michael82
09-15-2006, 12:12 AM
still looks like, and belongs in, the garbage.
They won't be getting my money. I wish I was there to boo it. :mad:

:puke:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-15-2006, 12:25 AM
This is 2006 a new millenium people not the 1970's, this is the new logo now and IT'S STAYING!!!...DEAL WITH IT!!! people didn't like the mad cow at first either and what happened people warmed up to it and bought it and they will warm up to this logo also just give it time you'll see. It's Like I've said all along if the Sabres win games people will buy the jerseys. Oh and booing the jerseys is the wrong thing to do it's like booing the players who were one game away from going back to the Stanley Cup!

im4bflo
09-15-2006, 01:35 AM
How can you like that logo???????
You're talking about the jersey, right!?
But that logo SUCKS! In what way does that say BUFFALO SABRES???
It's a damn slug with horns, for crying out loud!
I can't believe so many of you, like that SLUG...
Well join the laughing stock of the NHL, I'm wearing the 3rd.
GO SABRES!
In what way does that logo say BUFFALO SABRES????????????

SkateZilla
09-15-2006, 01:52 AM
How can you like that logo???????
You're talking about the jersey, right!?
But that logo SUCKS! In what way does that say BUFFALO SABRES???
It's a damn slug with horns, for crying out loud!
I can't believe so many of you, like that SLUG...
Well join the laughing stock of the NHL, I'm wearing the 3rd.
GO SABRES!
In what way does that logo say BUFFALO SABRES????????????

its ntoe supposed to Say Buffalo Sabres, its supposed to say Stanley Cup Champs..

im4bflo
09-15-2006, 01:56 AM
its ntoe supposed to Say Buffalo Sabres, its supposed to say Stanley Cup Champs..
Champs!?
more like chumps, what a wussy logo.
:respect: the SABRES

PUCKER
09-15-2006, 02:09 AM
Well...that blue is very nice and does make it look better...

PUCKER
09-15-2006, 02:13 AM
The jersey is nice,but the logo still sucks.

CuseJetsFan83
09-15-2006, 02:30 AM
the logo does suck, but its not that bad...... at least it doesnt look like a roid-rage gorilla like my AHL teams logo

Dude
09-15-2006, 08:19 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060915/1042479.asp

:rofl: at the subheadline: Hacker foils team's intent to gradually reveal design

Bill Brasky
09-15-2006, 08:58 AM

:rofl: at the subheadline: Hacker foils team's intent to gradually reveal design

it deserved to happen considering the monstrocity they were hiding from us.

what a joke. we've joined the likes of Phoenix, Nashville, and Vancouver among the worst logos/jersey's in the league.

At least the goathead was tolerable.

Philagape
09-15-2006, 09:01 AM
I agree we shouldn't boo at the games. That's low class, and would taint what could be a Stanley Cup season. Speak with your wallets ... that's all they ever listen to anyway.

As much as we hate the logo, remember that results are what matters. We won't be a laughingstock if we win.

Bill Brasky
09-15-2006, 09:03 AM
taint

:rofl:

Dude
09-15-2006, 09:08 AM
it deserved to happen considering the monstrocity they were hiding from us.

what a joke. we've joined the likes of Phoenix, Nashville, and Vancouver among the worst logos/jersey's in the league.

At least the goathead was tolerable.My point is that it wasn't a "hacker" - nothing was compromised or obtained illegally.

JD
09-15-2006, 01:58 PM
at least were not The Ducks :rofl:

im4bflo
09-15-2006, 02:02 PM
at least were not The Ducks :rofl:
sadly, with this logo, we are.
I'm just saying logo wise, our team kicks duckass!

JD
09-15-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm going to the practice with a sign that says "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"

JD
09-15-2006, 02:05 PM
The ducks dont even have a logo..its jjust a name lol, at least we have a logo. and on the jersey, it doesnt look all that bad.

Give it a year, I bet by next year this time you will have a slug jersey.

im4bflo
09-15-2006, 02:38 PM
The ducks dont even have a logo..its jjust a name lol, at least we have a logo. and on the jersey, it doesnt look all that bad.

The ducks have that stupid duckface goalie mask logo, with the Fred Flintstone crossed hockey sticks :snicker2:
And even if that slug had Stanley Cup Champions on it, I wouldn't buy it, because a version with the old logo would come out sooner or later.
That's how much I dislike(HATE) that SLUG!
Everything else they're doing is GREAT, but that slug is killing it for me.
3rd jersey BUFFALO SABRES:respect:

JD
09-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Where the hell have you been?

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Hockey/NHL/ANA_dggehfugf1ee8bfcaw9e.gif

Dude
09-15-2006, 02:53 PM
http://www.anaheimducks.com/graphics/team/logos/ducks_vs.jpg

jamze132
09-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Stupid logo looks like the "smart bug" from "Starship Troopers". How ****ing gay can one ****ty ass piece of ****ing **** jersey be?

im4bflo
09-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Where the hell have you been?

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Hockey/NHL/ANA_dggehfugf1ee8bfcaw9e.gif
:whatthe:obviously, I could care about the ducks :idunno:
that is better than our SLUG by far!
oh sheeit... we are the worst in the NHL now.

SkateZilla
09-15-2006, 05:15 PM

The Funny thing is, It wasnt Hacked, it was Poorly done Flash Video that screwed up in certain circumstances, nice of the webmaster to call us that just happened to click sabres.com and get the full unblurred picture to call us hackers..

Trying to save his job i bet...

SkateZilla
09-15-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm going to the practice with a sign that says "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"

Make a Sign and Give it to someone That has Seats By hte Glass,

"Insert Dumb Logo Here... " and Have an Arrow Pointing down to a players height, when a player stands in front of him for the face off .. put the sign up.. similar to the one that they did with the ref :) :respect:

Myers57
09-15-2006, 08:47 PM
check out the story on wgrz.com

the sabres spokesperson talks about a hacker breaking in their site...

SkateZilla
09-15-2006, 11:29 PM

hrmm, read this too:

Link (http://sabresfans.proboards66.com/index.cgi?board=Sabres&action=display&thread=1158255220&page=13)
Tim Graham:

Hello, everybody. I was directed to this thread by an e-mail which I see has been posted here. I assume that my response to that person will get posted as well, so I figured I might as well register and share my thoughts directly with the good people of SabresFans.com. I have had the chance to meet many members of this board, not to mention tip a few beers with them. You're good people and great fans. You're clearly passionate about the Sabres, and for that I thank you. Without your interest I would be writing about something else, and I happen to like what I do.

Now to address two concerns I have based on the e-mails I received ...

Some people really seemed offended by my use of the phrase "cyber sleuth" and somehow equated that with "hacker." That's quite a leap the headline writer took and I can't speak for why he/she chose that word, but I didn't use it in the story that's under my name. Hackers are criminals. Sleuths are people who find out information they're not supposed to know. In this case, somebody took extra steps to uncover something the Sabres didn't want people to know. So I'm comfortable with my choice of words.

The other issue is that many feel proper credit wasn't given to whomever discovered this gaffe on the Sabres' Web site. First of all, as a reporter, I do not write headlines, captions or give credit lines to photos or any other graphic element. Editors do that. I just write the story. Second, the only credit to be given for the photo that ran in our paper should be either to the Sabres or sabres.com, which I noted in my story. The photo is their property and their property alone. Yes, I did see the photo on SabresFans.com because I check out the site here and there. But I also saw it on other fan boards as well. Even more importantly, I received a dozen e-mails (almost all of which were from anonymous people) with attachments of the photo-capture of the page in question. That means the photo was in the public domain, and if I were to mention the name of every person that sent me the photo the list would have been ridiculously long, but I thanked each one of them individually in an e-mail yesterday and I'll thank them again here. I appreciated the heads up.

Now, had someone doctored the photo in any way, then credit would need to be given to the person who made the changes or to the site that displayed it. What I saw in my e-mails and elsewhere on the Internet clearly was the property of the Sabres (and for legal purposes I would advise the person who runs this site to put a sabres.com credit under the photo on your home page ... seriously).

You might recall a story I wrote a few years back of another sabres.com situation. An alert reader discovered a player page for Alexei Kovalev. He was wearing a Sabres jersey and the info said he had been traded for Miroslav Satan. The reader sent me an e-mail and told me to run with it. I did and the photo credit went to sabres.com because it was their property. I offered to mention in my story the gentleman who sent the link, but he declined. But that was one person who sent the link (plus he creatively accessed an internal page that wasn't meant to be viewed), not 12 or 14 and the page in question wasn't in the public domain as this photo was.

As another example, sometimes I'll see the link to an interesting story on my ESPN.com Insider account. If I were to use information from that story in something I was writing, I would credit the original source, not the site that found or posted it. This is a similar situation.

I applaud the sharp-thinking fans for coming up with this photo. I'm sure it was big moment. And I truly appreciate the interest so many people have shown in my work. I hope you keep reading.

Take care,
Tim

P.S. added: I did respond directly to the person who posted his e-mail to me on this thread. He can post it if he wants, but it's a much shorter version of what you see here.

SkateZilla
09-15-2006, 11:31 PM

So I hacked it by using Mozilla nd telling it to save the SWF and play it in flash player?, hrmmmm

Myers57
09-16-2006, 12:30 AM
i heart firefox

JD
09-16-2006, 02:59 AM
All I did was goto view source.. find the .swf file.. put it in as a link.. load the page.. right click.. press "back.. and there it was.

pyrrhonist
09-16-2006, 03:20 AM

What's really funny is probably 80% of us will all own a jersey (or more than 1) with the new logo on it within the next 2 seasons. We'll all look back on this and laugh our asses off. :oops: :D

Michael82
09-16-2006, 07:05 AM
What's really funny is probably 80% of us will all own a jersey (or more than 1) with the new logo on it within the next 2 seasons. We'll all look back on this and laugh our asses off. :oops: :D
Hell no!!! :puke:

jamze132
09-16-2006, 07:29 AM
I can't be in Buffalo today for the unveiling. You guys better be there in full force stressing your displeasure with the attrocity that the Sabres have commited. When I read camp reports tomorrow, I had better hear mention of unrully fans!

Nighthawk
09-16-2006, 08:44 AM

Great post...and more than likely correct.

Myers57
09-16-2006, 11:19 AM
there were no unruly fans

Philagape
09-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Here's what I want:

JD
09-16-2006, 11:52 AM
http://www.sabres.com/content/images/PhotoGallery/unveiling-9-16-06-13.jpg

DISGUSTING!

BuffaloRanger
09-16-2006, 01:02 PM

Or more likely...

After two seasons of a Sabres logo even more hated then the Islanders "Old Fishstick Man" the Sabres Mngt discard the slug, and give the fans a new logo they can embrace.

im4bflo
09-16-2006, 02:11 PM
NOT ME! I will not wear something that sucks for our team, that looks like crap, and just because someone's forcefeeding to me.
F that SLUG, get it off my teams home ice.

Michael82
09-16-2006, 06:01 PM
NOT ME! I will not wear something that sucks for our team, that looks like crap, and just because someone's forcefeeding to me.
F that SLUG, get it off my teams home ice.
:bf1: