PDA

View Full Version : Ya know McGahee is really starting to....

X-Era
09-15-2006, 07:22 AM
annoy me.

Did anyone listen to his presser at BB.com?

I love the comment, "I dont need to prove nothing to anybody...I play for myself".

Just let those comments sink in a bit.

Here we are with a young team trying to jell into a winning team and go out with a positive attitude each week and play like a team. With so many young players trying to show what they can be and develop into great players....

Heres a guy like this.

I seriously feel like mentaly, hes about 180 degrees from what we are trying to do right now.

Id love to be wrong, trust me I want Willis to become a top 5 RB. But, I think this is the start of the end for Willis in Buffalo and with comments like this, Im not sure I mind all that much.

However, Id like to see us replace his level of potential at RB. Maybe Mike Hart, Darius Walker, Adrian Peterson.

mybills
09-15-2006, 07:25 AM
He doesn't like the media, who does?

The King
09-15-2006, 07:30 AM
He's from Miami what do you want. There are few players who dont have this attitude in the NFL. And even fewer stars who dont.

Statman
09-15-2006, 07:38 AM
annoy me.
However, Id like to see us replace his level of potential at RB. Maybe Mike Hart, Darius Walker, Adrian Peterson.
I'd like to see us replace his "potential" with actual performance.

All we've heard about is potential in Buffalo from the linemen to Willis to coaching to GMs etc. We keep trying to beat the odds on things and keep getting reality handed to us.

!Papacrunk!
09-15-2006, 07:40 AM
I would imagine his next game w/ 150+ yards would make him less annoying

mybills
09-15-2006, 07:43 AM
lol, Papa. :up:

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 07:44 AM
He doesn't like the media, who does?

MB, when are you going to get this kid is a punk. I don't care if we drafted him or not. He is a punk that plays when he wants to...IF he wants to. All he wants is the money and lifestyle that comes with being an NFL player.

He would bolt this team in a friggin heartbeat given the chance, don't doubt that for a second.

Outside of JP, Evans, McGee and a couple others, Tom Donahoe really screwed the pooch on the guys he drafted and brought in here. 'Me me me' Is all we are getting from these clowns. I'll give marv this, it seems he brought in a ton of guys that are team first guys, high character and do have some talent.

mybills
09-15-2006, 07:51 AM
We have a difference way of judging him. Let's leave it at that.

X-Era
09-15-2006, 07:52 AM

Umm absolutely!

He can run his mouth all he wants if he can put up 150 yard games every week.

X-Era
09-15-2006, 07:54 AM

Fine skip the comments, lets look at play.

Is he a top 5 back in your eyes?

If not, where do you rank him and how much do you think hes worth on his new contract?

Is he showing up and playing every week?

Is he getting the yards you want him to?

Ickybaluky
09-15-2006, 07:55 AM
No matter what you think of him, he is still the best back on the roster, and you can't do anything about that until next year. McGahee is a good player. I don't know if he is elite, but he is a good player. Without him, your offense isn't nearly as good and more pressure is on the young QB.

Would you rather play Anthony Thomas? I realize he looked good against the Pats, but that was only on 3 carries, which is hardly statisically significant. His 18 yard TD run was as much due to a great call than anything else. The Pats had gone to a nickel defense, with only 2 DL in the game, and the Bills expoited that with a power run up the gut. Thomas was hardly touched, and McGahee probably would have done the same thing.

Not to take away from Thomas, who played well, but he just isn't better than McGahee. He is a big, plugger-type of RB, and his 3.8 career YPC is about what he is. He isn't a threat in the passing game and isn't a threat on the outside. If he plays a lot, teams will stack the middle and Losman is going to face a lot of long down-and-distance plays.

McGahee is one of the Bills' horses, and they need to ride him if they want to be competitive.

mybills
09-15-2006, 08:01 AM
NE, they don't see any of that..they just see red.

But I agree with everything you just posted. :bf1:

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 08:06 AM

Its not even judging, its just fact. Its fact with what he says, how he acts and the lack of play.

I think some fans like yourself go way out of the way to allow these guys breaks and make excuses just because they are Bills.

I guarantee you would be calling this guy a punk if he were on another team. He is what he is regardless of what uniform he wears. TO has proven that.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 08:08 AM
No matter what you think of him, he is still the best back on the roster.

Really? He sure got out performed on Sunday. Personally I would like to see what A train could do with more touches. Maybe nothing, maybe he breaks out and sends Willis to the bench.

As a BILLS fan are you happy HANDING the job to a guy? Because right now thats whats happening because of his name and the fact he was a first round pick. Let A train have more snaps and lets see what happens.

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 08:16 AM
annoy me.

Did anyone listen to his presser at BB.com?

I love the comment, "I dont need to prove nothing to anybody...I play for myself".

Just let those comments sink in a bit.

Here we are with a young team trying to jell into a winning team and go out with a positive attitude each week and play like a team. With so many young players trying to show what they can be and develop into great players....

Heres a guy like this.

I seriously feel like mentaly, hes about 180 degrees from what we are trying to do right now.

Id love to be wrong, trust me I want Willis to become a top 5 RB. But, I think this is the start of the end for Willis in Buffalo and with comments like this, Im not sure I mind all that much.

JP LOsman is also starting to anoy me. He said the exact same thing when the reporters asked him about Moolarkey. He even went further to say he's a Moolarkey fan.

Screw JP, how dare he say he has nothing to prove to anyone when they asked both he and Willis about Moolarkey. :rolleyes:

Ickybaluky
09-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Really? He sure got out performed on Sunday. Personally I would like to see what A train could do with more touches. Maybe nothing, maybe he breaks out and sends Willis to the bench... Let A train have more snaps and lets see what happens.

Thomas has had 904 touches in his career, so we can be pretty sure what will happen. He isn't a bad player, but he isn't a guy you build your running game around either. That is why Chicago gave up on him, and nobody else was willing to make him a feature back. He is a hard north-south runner, but he can't do anything else well enough to make himself a threat. He is too one-dimensional, which makes him easier to defend.

McGahee, on the other hand, is now healthy and perhaps can be more. The Bills should give him the ball and find out. He is a threat to challenge the outside of a defense, which makes him harder to defend. While he may not be a great receiver, he is better than Thomas in that area.

But, as a Pats fan, I'm all for you benching McGahee and seeing what Thomas can do. Go for it.

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Thomas has had 904 touches in his career, so we can be pretty sure what will happen. He isn't a bad player, but he isn't a guy you build your running game around either. That is why Chicago gave up on him, and nobody else was willing to make him a feature back. He is a hard north-south runner, but he can't do anything else well enough to make himself a threat. He is too one-dimensional, which makes him easier to defend.

McGahee, on the other hand, is now healthy and perhaps can be more. The Bills should give him the ball and find out. He is a threat to challenge the outside of a defense, which makes him harder to defend. While he may not be a great receiver, he is better than Thomas in that area.

But, as a Pats fan, I'm all for you benching McGahee and seeing what Thomas can do. Go for it.

If ICE had his choice, he'd have a team without Willis, Spikes or anyone who get's interviewed by reporters. They either have to keep their mouth shut or worship him.

mybills
09-15-2006, 08:23 AM
East, West, McGahee's the best!
Let's give A-Train that kind of test!

gr8slayer
09-15-2006, 08:48 AM
His next game would be his first game. He sadly has never broken one fifty

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 08:59 AM
If ICE had his choice, he'd have a team without Willis, Spikes or anyone who get's interviewed by reporters. They either have to keep their mouth shut or worship him.

Would I not want ME players that shoot their mouths off and give the wrong impression to my younger players on how to act...yes.

Vincent got interviewed and never talked ****. as for your JP stupidity, its just that...stupidity and thats all that needs to be said on that issue.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 09:00 AM
His next game would be his first game. He sadly has never broken one fifty Exactly.

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Would I not want ME players that shoot their mouths off and give the wrong impression to my younger players on how to act...yes..Since when was Spikes ever a me player?

Vincent got interviewed and never talked ****. as for your JP stupidity, its just that...stupidity and thats all that needs to be said on that issue..
JP gets a pass for saying the same stuff Willis said. You believe what you want to believe depending on whether you like the guy personally or not.

Just so you know, JP was considered a ME player coming out of college. He even said publicly he thought he was better than any of the qb's in his class. He hasn't proven squat and yet he get's a pass from you? Double standard.

Funny how people are not allowed to answer what reporters ask them. You on the other hand give JP a pass, because you like the guy.

HAMMER
09-15-2006, 09:17 AM
East, West, McGahee's the best!
Let's give A-Train that kind of test!

LAME! Be careful, Phil might start stalking you too.

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Since when was Spikes ever a me player?

JP gets a pass for saying the same stuff Willis said. You believe what you want to believe depending on whether you like the guy personally or not.

Just so you know, JP was considered a ME player coming out of college. He even said publicly he thought he was better than any of the qb's in his class. He hasn't proven squat and yet he get's a pass from you? Double standard.

Funny how people are not allowed to answer what reporters ask them. You on the other hand give JP a pass, because you like the guy.

No I give JP a pass because its his intent to be the best. he also stays here and busts ass. I also don't remember JP EVER saying he would stay in Buffalo 'If they pay me'. Nor do I read 'I play for me' etc.

Apples and oranges.

Jan Reimers
09-15-2006, 09:31 AM
While many of us don't like his attitude, his declining production the second half of last season, and his rather lackluster performance on opening day, I still feel Willis is the best RB on our roster, and I hope Jauron can build a fire under his butt.

But if he continues, for the rest of this season, to perform as he has over the last 8 or 9 games, I think we'll need to find another RB next year.

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 09:42 AM
No I give JP a pass because its his intent to be the best. he also stays here and busts ass. I also don't remember JP EVER saying he would stay in Buffalo 'If they pay me'. Nor do I read 'I play for me' etc.

Apples and oranges.

Haha! Like I said, double standard. JP believes he was the best qb in his class. He gets a pass. It's not okay for Willis to run his mouth but it's okay for JP. Inspite of Willis not living up to expectation, he's more proven than JP but JP get's a pass.

TacklingDummy
09-15-2006, 09:44 AM
as for your JP stupidity, its just that...stupidity and thats all that needs to be said on that issue.

How dare anyone criticize the ONLY player you like on the Buffalo Bills.

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 09:45 AM
But if he continues, for the rest of this season, to perform as he has over the last 8 or 9 games, I think we'll need to find another RB next year.Exactly. But not after one game. Every player on this team underachieved against the Pats. That includes Evans for not being able to break from double coverage. Should we crucify him too? Let them play a few more games before we start pointing fingers. :up:

ICE74129
09-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Haha! Like I said, double standard. JP believes he was the best qb in his class. He gets a pass. It's not okay for Willis to run his mouth but it's okay for JP. Inspite of Willis not living up to expectation, he's more proven than JP but JP get's a pass.
I have to ask, are you honestly this numb or is this just intentional to elicit a response? JP felt he was best in his class coming out of college. Since then I don't read of him anywhere still stating that. In fact, he just works his ass off. Willis on the other hand as a pro..is the best damn back in the league according to him and he only plays for him.

Apples, oranges. And I am done with you on this subject, its obvious you can't comprehend the difference and I don't have time to try and explain it to you any longer

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 10:22 AM
I have to ask, are you honestly this numb or is this just intentional to elicit a response? JP felt he was best in his class coming out of college. Since then I don't read of him anywhere still stating that. In fact, he just works his ass off. Willis on the other hand as a pro..is the best damn back in the league according to him and he only plays for him.

Apples, oranges. And I am done with you on this subject, its obvious you can't comprehend the difference and I don't have time to try and explain it to you any longer

YOu are the one who's numb. JP ran his mouth and 3 years later, he hasn't proven to be even better than either Eli or Ben and yet you are dumb(quiet) about it.

Willis ran his mouth too and while it's your opinion that JP works his butt off(I agree) , it's also my opinion that Willis did that as well while in Miami. His physique shows that.

They both ran their mouth IN THE PAST. It only matters to you that Willis said something but not JP. No surprise. You're a JP homer.

After one game, Willis was average at best and so was JP. So they are on the same boat. If you can't understand that they are both guilty of the same thing , nothing i can do. You're known to contradict yourself and you're doing the same thing all over again.

Unlike you, I don't play favorites with this team. I like JP and Willis equally until someone starts becoming a liability in this team. Neither has had a chance after one game.

X-Era
09-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Fine skip the comments, lets look at play.

Is he a top 5 back in your eyes?

If not, where do you rank him and how much do you think hes worth on his new contract?

Is he showing up and playing every week?

Is he getting the yards you want him to?

Simple questions, no one answers.

X-Era
09-15-2006, 01:43 PM
NE, they don't see any of that..they just see red.

But I agree with everything you just posted. :bf1:

I agree with it 300%. McGahee is our best back.

I also DONT see red yet.

What I do see is a guys attitude that doesnt seem like a fit for a young team trying to learn to play like a team. Lets stick to the facts. I never said some of the stuff you guys are putting in my mouth.

Do I want McGahees production on this squad? Well, to be honest we got about the same from Henry. We grabbed McGahee for what he COULD be and so far he hasnt lived up to his full potential. Hoesntly I think its a push in production between Henry and McGahee.

That ISNT why we took a chance on him. We wanted him to become an elite back. And on a star-less team, we sure would love to have him become a bonafide star. I picked him in every fantasy draft I have had, yes early. I like him and I like what he could become.

What I dont like is 3 years of watching go down on shoestring tackles, seemingly showingup when he wants to, but most of all the glimpses of attitude problems. Like his comment at BB.com. I responding to what he said nothing more.

I AM asking the question of fellow Bills fans of whether we want the seemingly questionable attitude of this guy on a team that could use a bonafide RB star.

raphael120
09-15-2006, 03:14 PM
jp buys a house in buffalo, works hard after practice, stays late signing photographs well after practice is over, he's got something to prove, and knows it. he's knowing he's got something to prove about maturity, and skill in the game. mcgahee, tho i like him, should have something to prove and he says he does, but it doesn't seem like he cares if he has a good game or not. you never see him mad because he did bad, never blaims himself, as JP can admit he makes mistakes and he strives to get better. for mcgahee its like, eh, u know, we'll see what happens, i might do somethin...if i feel like it. but who cares what anyone thinks. YOURE IN THE NFL, YOU GET PAID TONS OF MONEY, YOU HAVE THOUSANDS OF FANS WATCHING YOU, YOU DONT DO IT FOR THEM!!!?

X-Era
09-15-2006, 06:01 PM

When exactly did JP say he doesnt need to prove anything to anybody and that he only plays for himself?

I will need quotes on that one.

In fact, Im pretty sure you will have a tough time finding a SINGLE quote that isnt team oriented and that isnt the right thing to say by JP in the situation. You guys want to make him out to be this a-hole hot head like Ryan Leaf and I have YET to see any evidence of that.

Last time I checked, JP never proclaimed he was top 5 at anything.

Last time I checked JP didnt hold up his McFarlane doll and flaunt all over himself about how great he was.

Truth be known, just about any day I can go to the BB site and listen to JP talk about how he needs to get better, how winning is the most important thing, how the coaches put the team in the best place to win and that he must execute.

I ALWAYS hear him taking blame for his mistakes

I ALWAYS hear him talking about needing to play better

I NEVER hear him blaming other players

I NEVER hear him dodging questions or not admitting his mistakes

He says all the right things, if he only DID the right things on the field, we would be set.

JP and McGahee cant be more different in their approach to the game.

mybills
09-15-2006, 06:29 PM
I AM asking the question of fellow Bills fans of whether we want the seemingly questionable attitude of this guy on a team that could use a bonafide RB star.

Bledsoe was a nice guy off the field, but a crappy QB.
I don't care what Willis's attitude is, it's his skills that I care about.

Does that answer your question?

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 06:37 PM
When exactly did JP say he doesnt need to prove anything to anybody and that he only plays for himself?

I will need quotes on that one.

In fact, Im pretty sure you will have a tough time finding a SINGLE quote that isnt team oriented and that isnt the right thing to say by JP in the situation. You guys want to make him out to be this a-hole hot head like Ryan Leaf and I have YET to see any evidence of that.

Last time I checked, JP never proclaimed he was top 5 at anything.

Last time I checked JP didnt hold up his McFarlane doll and flaunt all over himself about how great he was.

Truth be known, just about any day I can go to the BB site and listen to JP talk about how he needs to get better, how winning is the most important thing, how the coaches put the team in the best place to win and that he must execute.

I ALWAYS hear him taking blame for his mistakes

I ALWAYS hear him talking about needing to play better

I NEVER hear him blaming other players

I NEVER hear him dodging questions or not admitting his mistakes

He says all the right things, if he only DID the right things on the field, we would be set.

JP and McGahee cant be more different in their approach to the game.
when asked if facing Moolarkey gave him motivation, JP answered "ZERO motivation" Willis pretty much said the samething but when to say he's got nothing to prove to anyone but himself.

What's wrong with that? If he sets his goals higher than what people expect of him , then what's the problem.

Peyton has nothing to prove to anyone. He's pretty much a HOF. The only thing he needs to prove to himself is that he can win a SB.

JP publicly said he thought he was better than BEn ,Eli ,etc.. I am not going to search the archives for you .

Don't get me wrong. I like JP but both he and Willis have to prove themselves this year. They are both arrogant.

mybills
09-15-2006, 06:41 PM
JP publicly said he thought he was better than BEn ,Eli ,etc.. I am not going to search the archives for you .

Don't get me wrong. I like JP but both he and Willis have to prove themselves this year. They are both arrogant.
Wasn't this picture taken when JP said that?

X-Era
09-15-2006, 07:21 PM
when asked if facing Moolarkey gave him motivation, JP answered "ZERO motivation" Willis pretty much said the samething but when to say he's got nothing to prove to anyone but himself.

What's wrong with that? If he sets his goals higher than what people expect of him , then what's the problem.

Peyton has nothing to prove to anyone. He's pretty much a HOF. The only thing he needs to prove to himself is that he can win a SB.

1) Dont even try to say that McGahee is trying to tell everyone that he holds himself to a higher standard than everyone else does. Thats crap. Hes saying he doesnt care at all what anyone thinks INCLUDING his coaches and team mates. Hes playing for HIMSELF, HIS words.

2) There is a HUGE difference between saying your the best QB in your draft class and saying your in the top 5 of the NFL. JP was competing for a job head to head, McGahee is tooting his own horn.

Again, no data for JP being the same as McGahee.

X-Era
09-15-2006, 07:26 PM

Don't get me wrong. I like JP but both he and Willis have to prove themselves this year. They are both arrogant.e

Not only that, you simply pulled a dodge maneuver here. Did I bring up Jp or McGahee having motivation from Mularkey? NO!!! I could care less what they think about Mularkey right now.

What I care about is OUR players caring about OUR head coaches and team mates opinions on them.

This is deflecting the issue. McGahees comments were arrogant a-hole-ish.

Furthermore, he made some dumb joke about everyone being happy and then referred to Troy's big smile of course AFTER Troy had been placed on IR.

So not only is he arrogant, not only is he ego-centric, but NOW hes a publicly critical smart ass about our front offices decisions.

Nice, real nice, really represents us WNY'ers that go to work each day work hard for an honest living.

X-Era
09-15-2006, 08:06 PM

From BB.com:

Quote of the week: "I'm a big Mularkey fan. I like Mike a lot. I don't know how those on the outside see it. When I see him it's going to be a handshake and a hug. You've just got to shrug your shoulders and say, 'Hey I wish it worked out.' But it didn't and we have to move on."
- J.P. Losman on facing former coach and now Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey

Your right...what a jerk :laugh: