PDA

View Full Version : All Threads Bickering and Complaing about the logo.

Pages : [1] 2

im4bflo
09-15-2006, 01:24 PM
I hate to see this stupid thing split the fan base.
Now we've got the 3rd jersey fans who will not wear that SLUG (ME)
and the fans who will.
It kind of kills the unity of being SABRE fans, doesn't it?
Damn that slug logo...
BUFFALO SABRES :respect:

JD
09-15-2006, 02:07 PM
No, because in the end we are all fans and thats not going to change.

im4bflo
09-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah I know, but that damn slug is a wrench in the machinery.
I can't wait to see our SABRES hit the ice, but it's ice with a SLUG on it, NO SABRES! That's just not right, how could they have not learned after the goat head? I'm just a very logical person, and that just bugs me.
:respect: 3rd jersey BUFFALO SABRES:respect:

JD
09-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Stop parading that stupid smiley around. I already hated it because of its overuse from skate lol.

This is what management was thinking...

someone "You know boss, the logo has been leaked"
Larry "Oh ****"
someone "Yeah, and they're complaining about how it has no legs as well as the fact that there are no Sabres in the logo"
Larry "I got an idea, how about we put the actual word Sabres under the logo.. that way they have no reason to complain"
someone "Your a genius"
*Slurping sound*

jamze132
09-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Stop parading that stupid smiley around. I already hated it because of its overuse from skate lol.

This is what management was thinking...

someone "You know boss, the logo has been leaked"
Larry "Oh ****"
someone "Yeah, and they're complaining about how it has no legs as well as the fact that there are no Sabres in the logo"
Larry "I got an idea, how about we put the actual word Sabres under the logo.. that way they have no reason to complain"
someone "Your a genius"
*Slurping sound*
That sounds about right. Do you think he came?

im4bflo
09-15-2006, 03:33 PM
he sucked a slug right out of his boss, and said "that's our new logo!"

Nighthawk
09-15-2006, 05:20 PM
If you would stop complaining and just accept it, then maybe the fans wouldn't be constantly bombarded by this garbage. Get over it, it's a logo! Support the team, even if they wear uniforms with pink polka-dots on them.

im4bflo
09-15-2006, 05:26 PM
If you would stop complaining and just accept it, then maybe the fans wouldn't be constantly bombarded by this garbage. Get over it, it's a logo! Support the team, even if they wear uniforms with pink polka-dots on them.
If you don't care about the logo that represents your team and town, then go wear pink polka-dots, and stay out of these threads.
kids :cynic:

Nighthawk
09-15-2006, 08:19 PM
If you don't care about the logo that represents your team and town, then go wear pink polka-dots, and stay out of these threads.
kids :cynic:

I care about winning the Cup, not what uniform is being worn while we do it.

Philagape
09-15-2006, 08:37 PM
I can tolerate the slug fans. They will be allowed to live.

YardRat
09-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Winning will cure anything.

I'm not a fan of the new uni's at all, but it'd look pretty nice on the back of a player holding the Stanley Cup over his head at season's end.

Nighthawk
09-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Winning will cure anything.

I'm not a fan of the new uni's at all, but it'd look pretty nice on the back of a player holding the Stanley Cup over his head at season's end.

Exactly!

fushetti
09-16-2006, 09:54 AM

This matters none... anyone remember Doug Flutie v. Rob Johnson? That pretty much killed me as a bills fan for a few years.

blackonyx89
09-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Am I right or what? What do you think? Vancouver's logo's a little cooler, I think.

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2006, 12:31 PM
That us uglier than ours.

As a side note. I heard an interview on GR yesterday (F U Freeman!) and Larry Quinn said that he asked the NHL if we could use our throwback white jersey's for a game with Vancouver. Vancouver asked the Sabres (and I think the NHL) if they could wear one of their classic black jerseys here when they come to play us. That would be four jerseys for us.

In addition, the whole uniforms are to change as I hear it. The NHL is supposed to go to some new body armour or something where the jersey's are to be tucked into the pants. The number that is now on the shoulder was going to be on the players pants at their thigh. So more uniform changes are to come on an NHL level.

BuffaloRanger
09-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah I know, because the colors are blue and yellow. But seriously, besides the look of the logo, doesn't the color disturb anyone? A yellow buffalo on the jerseys. The Buffalo is yellow!! How are there people that think it looks cool?

I'll be buying the classic Sabres Jersey and the old red alternate (with the bloddy sabres) on sale.

Don't waste your money on this jersey. So many fans are going to boycott it that the Sabres will be forced to switch it in less than two years (ala the islanders fishstick man). Then some fans will have an ugly jersey that isn't even worn anymore!

JD
09-16-2006, 01:39 PM
what yellow buffalo?
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/bcrt2000/sabresfantasy.jpg

:D

im4bflo
09-16-2006, 02:44 PM
After seeing the whole package, I hate it even more.
Especially the white away's, UGLY!
And there's nothing but the slug on the chest, NO SABRES!
The only fans that will like this, are the young ones, who don't even know about the real blue&gold years.
After today, I'm giving my club their respect by wearing the 3rd jersey, and having to put up with a damn slug on our HOME ice.
EMBARRASSING!

im4bflo
09-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Sorry, that was me, I took a piss on the SLUG.

im4bflo
09-16-2006, 02:48 PM
what yellow buffalo?

That looks AWESOME!!!

im4bflo
09-16-2006, 02:50 PM
what yellow buffalo?

If I can get my hands on a big 3rd logo patch, I'll buy the new jersey and get it sewn on, that looks cool!

im4bflo
09-16-2006, 02:59 PM
I will be laughing at the people who buy that embarrassing uni.
the ORIGINALS look even better next to that piss colored buffaSLUG.
What a JOKE!

WNYnut
09-16-2006, 03:00 PM
At least Vancouver's logo has some sort of cultural signifigance. The whale in their logo is somewhat representative of the whale often seen in Northwest Native American art and totems.

The new Buffalo on the Sabres uni is just ridiculous.

im4bflo
09-16-2006, 03:07 PM
I know we're all SABRE fans "ra-ra"
but tell me this logo deal isn't putting a wedge between fans of the SLUG and the fans with a BRAIN :snicker2:
A piss YELLOW colored slug, yeah! how the hell can you think that's cool?

Dozerdog
09-16-2006, 03:12 PM
but tell me this logo deal isn't putting a wedge between fans of the SLUG and the fans with a BRAIN :snicker2:
I gotta ask why this would "divide" the fans.

It's one thing if you back one goalie or another, or one QB or another. So when one ****s the bed, the other can gloat on how "right" he was- because that's the most important reason to pick a side instead of a team.

But clothing? Come on. Put them in clown outfits- if they win the Cup I could give a ****.

im4bflo
09-16-2006, 03:24 PM
I gotta ask why this would "divide" the fans.

It's one thing if you back one goalie or another, or one QB or another. So when one ****s the bed, the other can gloat on how "right" he was- because that's the most important reason to pick a side instead of a team.

But clothing? Come on. Put them in clown outfits- if they win the Cup I could give a ****.
The goal is always the CUP no doubt.
But this logo represents our team our fans and our town.
And I've read from other fans like you, that they can wear dog **** or pink polka-dots, or dress like clowns(well they are now).
But it represents US, and to not care, doesn't make sense to me.
Go spend your money on that YELLOW slug, and don't mind the :snicker2: behind your back, because you don't care.
GO SABRES!!!

Dozerdog
09-16-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm there to watch hockey- not shirts.

If simpletons are going to hate on fans because they like a logo or not..I'll laugh at them instead

:lolpoint: clothing ******s

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-16-2006, 03:41 PM
I hate to see this stupid thing split the fan base.
Now we've got the 3rd jersey fans who will not wear that SLUG (ME)
and the fans who will.
It kind of kills the unity of being SABRE fans, doesn't it?
Damn that slug logo...
BUFFALO SABRES :respect:

Ummm, I don't know about you But the new logo is here to stay you should've seen the Sabres Store today it was jammed packed there was a line out to the main entrance and the new stuff was like gone in 15-20 minutes tops including the jerseys! The third jerseys look really, really how can I say this:question: well old :laughing: like they've been put away in a box and been stored in a closet gathering dust for the last 11 years 1995-2006 they just don't compare to the new jerseys. Attendance in a estimation I would say there was about 8,000 people at the Arena today to see the unveiling of the new jerseys and to watch the open scrimmage and there was no boo's either. Sabres kick-off their preseason schedule Mon. night @ Toronto radio coverage only and you can listen to it on live on WGR55

im4bflo
09-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Ummm, I don't know about you But the new logo is here to stay you should've seen the Sabres Store today it was jammed packed there was a line out to the main entrance and the new stuff was like gone in 15-20 minutes tops including the jerseys! The third jerseys look really, really how can I say this:question: well old :laughing: like they've been put away in a box and been stored in a closet gathering dust for the last 11 years 1995-2006 they just don't compare to the new jerseys. Attendance in a estimation I would say there was about 8,000 people at the Arena today to see the unveiling of the new jerseys and to watch the open scrimmage and there was no boo's either. Sabres kick-off their preseason schedule Mon. night @ Toronto radio coverage only and you can listen to it on live on WGR55
Like I said, there are the young fans who don't care about a teams tradition, and they were expecting 10,000 people, and got 8,000.
the 3rds look old, because they are. They started in 1970 and still look better than anything anyone else has come up with.
You piss YELLOW slug fans can spend your parents money on that crap, but I've still got my good OLD throwbacks, and am keeping the tradition until they go back to the OLD logo again, and I believe they will.
Hype is selling those slugs now, take a look at yourself wearing it, and you'll want your money back.

Nighthawk
09-16-2006, 04:49 PM
LET IT GO! Buy your throwback and be happy...move on!

JD
09-16-2006, 05:25 PM
The people who dont care about what the logo looks like is most likely a new fan, young fan or just someone who casually follows the team.

The logo doesnt just represent the team, it represents the city and its FANS. When you goto NHL.com, your not going to see the jersey next to "Buffalo Sabres".. your going to se the slug. On TV, can you imagine the slug on MSG? How would they make an opening video for each game. Make the slug zoom across the screen? Come on.

I do agree with moving from the past, but aside from not winning a cup..we dont have a bad past...

The Sabres throwback jerseys just look RIGHT. Nothing else does!! So I will buy my blue throwback with a smile on my face as soon as possible. And I frown upon those who buy any new paraphenilia(sp?).

But hey, GO SABRES!!

Dozerdog
09-16-2006, 05:29 PM
:rofl: @ JD- Yeah- that's me - a casual fan since 1970

I want an updated version of the old jerseys.

But- I have the maturity level to watch the sport beyond what they are wearing. if you ladies are so worried about how they look- don't buy the threads or go to the games.

Jesus- it's a bunch of Carson Kressleys around here.

The people who dont care about what the logo looks like is most likely a new fan, young fan or just someone who casually follows the team.

The logo doesnt just represent the team, it represents the city and its FANS. When you goto NHL.com, your not going to see the jersey next to "Buffalo Sabres".. your going to se the slug. On TV, can you imagine the slug on MSG? How would they make an opening video for each game. Make the slug zoom across the screen? Come on.

I do agree with moving from the past, but aside from not winning a cup..we dont have a bad past...

The Sabres throwback jerseys just look RIGHT. Nothing else does!! So I will buy my blue throwback with a smile on my face as soon as possible. And I frown upon those who buy any new paraphenilia(sp?).

But hey, GO SABRES!!

JD
09-16-2006, 05:29 PM
At least Vancouver's logo has some sort of cultural signifigance. The whale in their logo is somewhat representative of the whale often seen in Northwest Native American art and totems.

The new Buffalo on the Sabres uni is just ridiculous.
The man has a point.

All were left with is a parapeligic piss yellow buffalo:dance:

JD
09-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Notice "most likely"?

Dozerdog
09-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Hey JD- stick to what you know.

Weren't you the crybaby who wanted everyone to picket in front of HSBC last season to ***** about how horribly Darcy put the team together?

How did that work out for you and the 8 who showed up? Did the Sabres dismatle what they had to satisfy you?

:assclown:

hammerbillsfan
09-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Nothing beats this logo:

http://www.logoshak.com/~asgsport/images3/Canucks.gif

JD
09-16-2006, 05:40 PM
And you wern't pissed off back then?

Ahh wish I was an admin so I could do name calling.

Stick to your own guidelines sweetheart, I believe thats a personal attack.

Dozerdog
09-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Actually- no. I was all for signing our youngsters. look it up.

Dozerdog
09-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Jesus....what a crybaby.

SkateZilla
09-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Threads Merged By Request..... Keep the bickering in one thread, seeing that all the threads were started by the same person,

Also, If the Bickering gets too out of control, im authorized to delete the thread.

Your Entitled to voice your opinion in a conducted manner that doesnt go against the terms of service you agreed to when registering, so, in short, keep it clean, and keep it here..

Michael82
09-16-2006, 06:07 PM
WORST UNIS EVER!!! :mad: :curse:

Thank you Larry Quinn! You just saved me a lot of money. :up:

Michael82
09-16-2006, 06:08 PM
what yellow buffalo?

That looks ****ing awesome! I'm going to see if I can get one made like that. :up:

Philagape
09-16-2006, 06:10 PM
I have a couple old jerseys that I can take the crest off myself to put on the new blues. Unfortunately, I'd have to buy a new blue jersey and take the slug off.

Michael82
09-16-2006, 06:11 PM

But hey, GO SABRES!!
:bf1:

The new uniforms make me want to :puke: several times. I hate the Buffaslug!!! :mad: :puke:

SkateZilla
09-16-2006, 06:18 PM
That looks ****ing awesome! I'm going to see if I can get one made like that. :up:

Im actually buying 2 Home Jerseys, One will have the logo Removed and replaced with teh vintage logo.

Michael82
09-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Im actually buying 2 Home Jerseys, One will have the logo Removed and replaced with teh vintage logo.
And one will have the slug.... :ill:

JD
09-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Stick to your Bills dozer. If it was me calling someone a crybaby I would probably get warned and negged for eternity. But since its you, it is totally fine. I'm not complaining just stating facts.

JD
09-16-2006, 06:29 PM
I have a couple old jerseys that I can take the crest off myself to put on the new blues. Unfortunately, I'd have to buy a new blue jersey and take the slug off.
You could make killer cash! Is the old school logo still copyrighted? Because if you could get it to an embroidery place they could probably make duplicates! The colors are a little different but I'm sure if you found a place like that they could change anything you want on it! :D

Philagape
09-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Well at least four of us want a hybrid jersey, so whoever finds a place in WNY that can do it, let us know. Maybe Great Skate?

SkateZilla
09-16-2006, 06:44 PM
And one will have the slug.... :ill:

no, the other Home Jerse will be modified asw ell, how i cannot say...

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2006, 07:34 PM
So, where do I find a picture of the new/old blue jersey? Since all these threads have been merged, I'm not searching for it.

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2006, 07:36 PM
So, where do I find a picture of the new/old blue jersey? Since all these threads have been merged, I'm not searching for it.

Found it, never mind.

SabreEleven
09-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Hey JD- stick to what you know.

Weren't you the crybaby who wanted everyone to picket in front of HSBC last season to ***** about how horribly Darcy put the team together?

How did that work out for you and the 8 who showed up? Did the Sabres dismatle what they had to satisfy you?

:assclown:

I'm offended :mad:

clumping platelets
09-16-2006, 10:54 PM
WORST UNIS EVER!!! :mad: :curse:

Thank you Larry Quinn! You just saved me a lot of money. :up:

I echo Mikey's sentiments :down:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-16-2006, 10:56 PM

Give it up already your sounding like a broken record the new logo is here to stay these jerseys are going to be great!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Like I said, there are the young fans who don't care about a teams tradition, and they were expecting 10,000 people, and got 8,000.
the 3rds look old, because they are. They started in 1970 and still look better than anything anyone else has come up with.
You piss YELLOW slug fans can spend your parents money on that crap, but I've still got my good OLD throwbacks, and am keeping the tradition until they go back to the OLD logo again, and I believe they will.
Hype is selling those slugs now, take a look at yourself wearing it, and you'll want your money back.

Dennis Williams on WIVB Ch4 Sports said that final attendance was 15,002 at the arena. That's almost half of the arena, the arena holds 18,690 people and all of the new merchandise sold like in 15 min tops! Looks like the new jersey will be staying for a very long time.

Love the new logo,
embrace the new logo,
Deal with the new logo because it's here to stay!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-17-2006, 12:41 AM

But hey, GO SABRES!!

umm hello were'nt you at the arena they have an opening aready it was on the JumboTron just before the players hit the ice with the new jerseys on.

JD
09-17-2006, 02:18 AM
umm hello were'nt you at the arena they have an opening aready it was on the JumboTron just before the players hit the ice with the new jerseys on.
Um, Hi.

No I wasn't there sorry.

im4bflo
09-17-2006, 02:47 AM
LET IT GO! Buy your throwback and be happy...move on!
:stfu:

im4bflo
09-17-2006, 02:56 AM
Dennis Williams on WIVB Ch4 Sports said that final attendance was 15,002 at the arena. That's almost half of the arena, the arena holds 18,690 people and all of the new merchandise sold like in 15 min tops! Looks like the new jersey will be staying for a very long time.

Love the new logo,
embrace the new logo,
"NO"
You're just too young to understand, and you'll look pretty stupid in your piss yellow slug jersey, and that is punishment enough.
:lolpoint:slug lovers

im4bflo
09-17-2006, 03:06 AM

But hey, GO SABRES!!

BuffaloRanger
09-17-2006, 08:27 AM

Love the new logo,
embrace the new logo,

Don't count your slugs before they fall into a cup of beer and die. NHL History has shown that unpopular logos can be changed. Imagine the jeers when the "New Look" Sabres play in Toronto and Montreal!

The NY Islanders and the Fish Stick Saga

The New York Islanders, who've drawn jeers even from their own fans for their new "mariner" logo, are ditching it. LCS has learned through sources close to the situation that the Isles have gotten the OK to go back to the classic "NY Islanders" model for next season.

The logo change was part of a major uniform redesign that followed the 1994-95 season. Even before it was officially announced, the logo had drawn barbs from the media as well as a lot of Islander fans. Signs at the final home game last season proclaimed "We Are Not Fish" and urged the team to stay with its logo and color scheme, which dated to the club's inception in 1972.

But the change was made anyway. The remodeled color scheme, a darker blue with waves of orange, "Atlantic Green" and silver, went over well with a lot of fans, as did putting lighthouse patches (for the "Island" part of the team's nickname) on the shoulders. But the logo was a no-go; the mariner resembled the fisherman that adorns boxes of the Gorton's line of frozen fish sticks (hence the jeers).

The mariner's fate may have been sealed last Sunday when the Islanders lost 4-1 to the Rangers at the Nassau Coliseum. By the third period, any "Let's Go Islanders" cheers had long since been replaced with derisive chants of "Fish Sticks" from the largely pro-Ranger crowd.

This uniform will only last as long as that Stubborn moron Larry Quinn is with the Sabres.

They look like a Pee-Wee travel team that's trying too hard to have cool uniforms.

BuffaloRanger
09-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Don't count your slugs before they fall into a cup of beer and die. NHL History has shown that unpopular logos can be changed. Imagine the jeers when the "New Look" Sabres play in Toronto and Montreal!

The NY Islanders and the Fish Stick Saga 1996

The New York Islanders, who've drawn jeers even from their own fans for their new "mariner" logo, are ditching it. LCS has learned through sources close to the situation that the Isles have gotten the OK to go back to the classic "NY Islanders" model for next season.

The logo change was part of a major uniform redesign that followed the 1994-95 season. Even before it was officially announced, the logo had drawn barbs from the media as well as a lot of Islander fans. Signs at the final home game last season proclaimed "We Are Not Fish" and urged the team to stay with its logo and color scheme, which dated to the club's inception in 1972.

But the change was made anyway. The remodeled color scheme, a darker blue with waves of orange, "Atlantic Green" and silver, went over well with a lot of fans, as did putting lighthouse patches (for the "Island" part of the team's nickname) on the shoulders. But the logo was a no-go; the mariner resembled the fisherman that adorns boxes of the Gorton's line of frozen fish sticks (hence the jeers).

The mariner's fate may have been sealed last Sunday when the Islanders lost 4-1 to the Rangers at the Nassau Coliseum. By the third period, any "Let's Go Islanders" cheers had long since been replaced with derisive chants of "Fish Sticks" from the largely pro-Ranger crowd.

This Logo will only last as long as that stubborn moron Larry Quinn is with the Sabres.

The Sabres look like a Pee-Wee travel team that's trying too hard to look cool.

JD
09-17-2006, 10:09 AM

Love the new logo,
embrace the new logo,
:confused:

im4bflo
09-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Will you SLUG lovers stubbornly stick with it, when we become laughing stocks?
Deep inside, you've got to know, that yellow thing is not US, we should all be excited by the new logo, not *****ing about "who cares what we look like", unless your mommy is still dressing you, you've got a choice!
the SLUG has got to go, and it will, and much more quickly, if you won't let them forcefeed a piss yellow slug on you.
Those pics of the new uni with the ORIGINAL logo that is on these threads, looks AWESOME! I'm planning on getting a patch of the 3rd original logo, and get it sewn over the slug, and so are other fans on this thread, if you've been reading them all. KILL the SLUG! We're the SABRES!:respect:

Philagape
09-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Death to the slug.

Maybe those of us who remove the slugs from our jerseys can get together and hold a bonfire for them. Then it will join the Gorton's fisherman in Logo Hell.

SkateZilla
09-17-2006, 05:51 PM
no to fuel nor extingish the fire.. but how do you poeple think this Looks? :honda:

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/1101/nhlcomscoreboardpw2.th.jpg (http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nhlcomscoreboardpw2.jpg)

RockStar36
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Just as I thought.

I'm not crazy about the logo but I think the overall uniform looks good. Overall I'm pleased and I'm ready to talk about hockey and not what the players are wearing on the ice.

Dude
09-17-2006, 08:28 PM
The Hurricanes' uniforms look like NASCAR pit crew firesuits. Guess what? They won the Cup. So what diff does it make?

All this whining about the logo is what's embarrassing, not the logo itself. If you don't like it - we get it already, so don't buy it.

Holy crap - let the season start already so we can concentrate on the TEAM and not what they're wearing. Unreal.

ddaryl
09-18-2006, 08:25 AM
The uniforms are a slap in the face.

I will never own one.

JD
09-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Ok. For all of you's who hate the logo but are ok with the jersey.

YOU PEOPLE are the reason this slug will stay around longer than it should. The SLUG will be on EVERYTHING, not the damn jersey! Hats, Flags, Sweaters, Pants, T-Shirts, Bandanas, Foam Fingers, Car stickers, Licenseplates, Tickets, OUR CENTER ICE, our jumbotron, every damn TV in the arena, jackets, socks, masks, glasses... when the only place it deserves to be is on a roll of toilet paper.

Don't embrace the jersey if you hate the logo, thats like thinking an ugly girl is beautiful because shes wearing a nice shirt.

And one more thing. Unlike women who tend to look better after a couple drinks, the slug STILL looks like ****!

Michael82
09-18-2006, 05:45 PM

YOU PEOPLE are the reason this slug will stay around longer than it should. The SLUG will be on EVERYTHING, not the damn jersey! Hats, Flags, Sweaters, Pants, T-Shirts, Bandanas, Foam Fingers, Car stickers, Licenseplates, Tickets, OUR CENTER ICE, our jumbotron, every damn TV in the arena, jackets, socks, masks, glasses... when the only place it deserves to be is on a roll of toilet paper.

Don't embrace the jersey if you hate the logo, thats like thinking an ugly girl is beautiful because shes wearing a nice shirt.

And one more thing. Unlike women who tend to look better after a couple drinks, the slug STILL looks like ****!
Great post! :bf1:

Anything with the Slug on it make me want to stab my eyeballs out. :mad:

:puke:

im4bflo
09-18-2006, 06:27 PM

im4bflo
09-18-2006, 06:32 PM

WHAT PART of this post, don't you slug lover's understand?
that piss yellow SLUG will represent us, if you let them forcefeed it to you.
If you don't LOVE it, don't buy it! They'll replace it with the original logo, and then our uni's will be the BADDEST thing on ice!

im4bflo
09-20-2006, 05:39 AM
I think it could work for a baseball team.
Then put the original SABRES logo on the new uni's, and we can put this all behind us, what do you think?
"There's no SLUGS in Hockey!"

Dozerdog
09-20-2006, 06:05 AM
Be a man and stop crying about it.

It's done.

Don't buy it if you don't like it.

Protest by not watching the games.

Enough is enough

im4bflo
09-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Be a man and stop crying about it.

It's done.

Don't buy it if you don't like it.

Protest by not watching the games.

Enough is enough
'not watch the games'? man you've got me all wrong.
And it's not done, but it's going to take longer because of fans like you.
I'm not crying, I'm pissed, and so are a lot of diehard fans, who don't want a yellow slug representing Buffalo.
You go right ahead and wear that slug, and stop replying to the anti-slug threads, but I'm doing everything I can to get rid of that embarrassing logo that is quickly becoming a joke in the papers already.
I care, GO SABRES!

Dozerdog
09-20-2006, 06:25 AM
I don't like the slug either- I felt the same way with the goat head.

I'll probably not buy it.

I'm not going to start a thread every 6 hours whining about it.

Go to HSBC with a protest sign. Maybe throw salt on those walking out of the gift shop

im4bflo
09-20-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't like the slug either- I felt the same way with the goat head.

I'll probably not buy it.

I'm not going to start a thread every 6 hours whining about it.

Go to HSBC with a protest sign. Maybe throw salt on those walking out of the gift shop
None of that crap will work, the only thing that will, is to not buy it.
That's the main thing I'm trying to pass around.
I actually read a comment from the Sabres office, that if the 3rd jersey outselled the slug, they'd probably go back to it. That was the fuel that got me going, there is a great chance we could get the 3rd logo(original) on the new uni's, which would look great, like the sig on some of the posters here, although that new white away jersey needs reworked totaly IMHO.
Notice how hard it is to get the 3rd, if it was out, it would outsell the slug.
At least hold off on buying the slug Doze, that thing will not last, I just know it.

SkateZilla
09-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Again, Keep the Hatred and Whining to the Slug in ONE thread please....

im4bflo
09-23-2006, 05:32 PM
On the SabresReport.com Forums, a fan as his avatar, put the SLUG over the Miami Dolfish logo, and OMG it was a perfect fit!
No wonder it's so hateable! To wear the slug, you might as well be wearing a fish jersey :roflmao:
Go there, go to Harbor Club, go to the thread 'Be healed! Out you devil', the second posters avatar 'Knightrider'. that's scary!

SkateZilla
09-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Merged, For the last time, Keep the complaining in one thread pleeeeeeeeease.

and no they dont match, he edited it to make it look closer than what it is...

JD
09-24-2006, 06:55 AM
What I didn't realize until now that the SLUG.. is a mix of the Buffalo Head and the old school Buffalo.. still hate it.

JD
09-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Love how the thing below my name was changed, wtf?

im4bflo
09-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Threads Merged By Request..... Keep the bickering in one thread, seeing that all the threads were started by the same person,

Also, If the Bickering gets too out of control, im authorized to delete the thread.

Your Entitled to voice your opinion in a conducted manner that doesnt go against the terms of service you agreed to when registering, so, in short, keep it clean, and keep it here..
As long as you like the logo, like SkateZilla, you're okay.
But anything anti-slug may get deleted. gotcha... :rolleyes:

SkateZilla
09-26-2006, 06:22 AM
As long as you like the logo, like SkateZilla, you're okay.
But anything anti-slug may get deleted. gotcha... :rolleyes:

i havent deleted anything yet,

but if the complaing breaches the topic of the Logo those posts will be deleted, complain away, its your opinion and i respect that,

personally dont care abotu the logo, the hone Jerseys Look decent, the Away jerseys make my stomach turn...

SkateZilla
09-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Love how the thing below my name was changed, wtf?

I Garauntee you that Was NOT me

im4bflo
09-26-2006, 08:02 PM
i havent deleted anything yet,

but if the complaing breaches the topic of the Logo those posts will be deleted, complain away, its your opinion and i respect that,

personally dont care abotu the logo, the hone Jerseys Look decent, the Away jerseys make my stomach turn...
And as fans, instead of ignoring it, we can change it, IF we stuck together.
the white away slug jersey, will be the joke of the NHL.
If we don't like it, think of the other teams fans. Good luck to you slug clones, wearing that thing, you're even going to take crap from your own teams fans, and if that doesn't prove that things got to go, then you're just wearing your blinder's.

im4bflo
10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Man, It's a good thing nobody's talking about the logo, there's sooooo much hockey talk going on, there's just no room! :cynic: :tap: :headscrat

JD
10-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks Skate :(

redeye5
10-03-2006, 09:51 AM
these jerseys are much worse
http://www.anaheimducks.com/images/200609/1411.f.jpg

im4bflo
10-03-2006, 02:47 PM
these jerseys are much worse
http://www.anaheimducks.com/images/200609/1411.f.jpg
I don't think so, the jersey itself is boring, but at least the logo doesn't embarrass them like their old one, and our new one does.

JD
10-03-2006, 03:37 PM
I liked their old one actually.

SkateZilla
10-03-2006, 05:41 PM
dont make mme hunt down my Mighty Ducks VHS tape and record the Whol;e Naim Unvieling scene...

"YOud rather be district 5, some stupid number"
"Beter than some stupid ANimal...."

lol... classic..

we'd rather be goat heads..

Give it 2 years, this whole logo ordeal is just the spittin image of what happened in 99 when HSBC opened.

im4bflo
10-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Give it 2 years, this whole logo ordeal is just the spittin image of what happened in 99 when HSBC opened.[/QUOTE]
Naw, this slug is MUCH worse.
I didn't like the change in '99, but at least it was decent looking, and I've spent a lot of money on everything with the white buffalo head.
But I'll NEVER spend a hard earned penny on that embarrassing slug! EVER!
The only thing good about the slug is that it's saving me a hell of a lot of money.
Hey slug clones, I'll be in my retro blue&gold with $200 in my pocket from not buying a slug, and I won't be looking like Pred fan with an embarrassment on my chest. GO SABRES!

Philagape
10-03-2006, 10:02 PM
The new Ducks jersey isn't too bad, but their black jerseys will look too dark on TV. The logo doesn't stand out.

SpillerThrills
10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I liked their old one actually.

I have to agree with you JD

im4bflo
10-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Those white jerseys are BEYOND UGLY!

im4bflo
11-12-2006, 10:31 PM
14-1-1
Let's GO, SLUG-A-LO!

im4bflo
12-30-2006, 06:03 PM
I love the slug logo...
I love how it seems to be trying to run... but
it doesn't have any f**cking legs !
ands it's just headed for a face plant,
How can you NOT LOVE THAT???
Strikes fear into you! :idunno:
HAPPY NEW YEAR SABRE FANS! :beer:
(let the illogical replys begin) :bringit:

Philagape
12-30-2006, 06:06 PM
We have a new logo?

im4bflo
12-30-2006, 06:33 PM
We have a new logo?
some think so! :; :up:

redeye5
12-30-2006, 07:30 PM
I love the slug logo...

3 BLIND MICE
SEE HOW THEY RUN...
WHERE THE 'F' ARE THEY GOING????

im4bflo
12-30-2006, 07:37 PM
3 BLIND MICE
SEE HOW THEY RUN...
WHERE THE 'F' ARE THEY GOING????

:roflmao: :up:

Nighthawk
12-30-2006, 07:49 PM
I love the slug logo...

You really need to get over it. Go outside and take a bike ride or something!

im4bflo
12-30-2006, 08:14 PM
You really need to get over it. Go outside and take a bike ride or something!

That will NEVER happen, our only real logo that represents our BUFFALO SABRES, has only gotten worse, everytime they change it, and that slug is an embarrassment to our awesome new uniforms.
Only fans that don't care, the gullibles, and the bandwagoner's :bandwagon like that Slug. Put that slug logo on the ground, and I'll do burnout's on it, you can go for a bike ride. Thanks for the first illogical reply, have a safe New Year!
GO SABRES! :beer:
nice avatar :up:

PcA125
12-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Its still better than atlanta's any way u look at it

BlackMetalNinja
12-30-2006, 08:42 PM
http://www.internetcash.com/en/images/baby-crying.jpg

Seriously, nobody else gives a ****. Get over it already. Or at least go start yourself a Cry Baby I Don't Like The Logo Forum somewhere so you can stop polluting the perfectly good HOCKEY discussion that occurs around here.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Any and all threads started to *****, whine, piss, moan or complain about the logo should be met with a barrage of :negrep:.

SABURZFAN
12-30-2006, 09:06 PM
hold the salt........

im4bflo
12-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Any and all threads started to *****, whine, piss, moan or complain about the logo should be met with a barrage of :negrep:.

Thanks bandwagoner :kissa:

im4bflo
12-30-2006, 09:57 PM
http://www.internetcash.com/en/images/baby-crying.jpg

Seriously, nobody else gives a ****. Get over it already. Or at least go start yourself a Cry Baby I Don't Like The Logo Forum somewhere so you can stop polluting the perfectly good HOCKEY discussion that occurs around here.

How about ignoring logo posts, like you may ignore other posts that don't interest you?! You keep replying with the same cry baby crap, you're no different than I am, the logo is a hockey discussion, just as good as seeing a Sabre in a bar, crying about how well you do in the picks. I can discuss the logo any time I want, I'm not breaking any TOS rules, but you may be, and the Dr. telling everyone to neg me, I could give a crap what :bandwagon 's do.
And a hell of a lot of fans do give a ****, you're totally wrong there.
Look in the mirror, you get over it, and quit :cry:
I'm right, and I'm not going away, you know I'm right, you know that slug sucks, and I put you on the list of fans that don't care.
We agree to disagree, have a safe New Year, GO SABRES! :beer:

im4bflo
12-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Its still better than atlanta's any way u look at it

There's a lot of crappy logo's out there, so why did we have to join them?!
We've have the greatest logo ever since the 70's!
We start playing CUP winning hockey, and all the :bandwagon 's, some who I bet, don't even know we've had other logo's, the gullibles, to me, fans that just follow and wear whatever you throw them, and then, the fans that don't care.
They say things like" I don't care if they're wearing pink dresses", well I find that pretty illogical and stupid, not to care what represents you, your team, and your town. We've had steak, they changed it to hamburger when we left the Aud. and now they're serving dog food, and I'm not eating dog food, I like steak!
Original logo= steak SLUG= dog food
Have a safe New Year! GO SABRES! :beer:

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2007, 03:25 PM
:monkeyp: slug

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 03:42 PM
:monkeyp: slug

Another proud SABRE fan, that knows what they're talking about!
Some sluglovers on here say I'm the only one :snicker2:
Oh well, you can't fix stupid :lmao:

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Seriously - take a LONG look at the slug - I mean REALLY look at it - and you'll see how much is sucks ass. I like the new unis alot though....just keep the old logo and you have perfection.

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Seriously - take a LONG look at the slug - I mean REALLY look at it - and you'll see how much is sucks ass. I like the new unis alot though....just keep the old logo and you have perfection.

No doubt, like I've said, it's so obvious, it's stupid!
PERFECTION = Original logo, New uniforms. (simple)
Some of these sluglovers know it sucks, but are trying to accept crap.
I call that 'stubborn stupid' :refuse::coocoo:

GThirst
01-01-2007, 06:12 PM
The new away jersey's blow...

Dark sleeves, wtf?

Michael82
01-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Great post! I still can't stand the ****ing slug. I'm actually going to be taking my Christmas money and going to buy an old white home jersey with the sweet looking logo in Ryan Miller. :drool: I won't spend money on any slug stuff! :mad: unless they win the Stanley Cup...then I will probably spend all of my paycheck on slug **** and Sabres champs stuff. :ontome:

The_Philster
01-04-2007, 06:56 PM
How's that tshirt fit, Mikey? :D

im4bflo
01-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Great post! I still can't stand the ****ing slug. I'm actually going to be taking my Christmas money and going to buy an old white home jersey with the sweet looking logo in Ryan Miller. :drool: I won't spend money on any slug stuff! :mad: unless they win the Stanley Cup...then I will probably spend all of my paycheck on slug **** and Sabres champs stuff. :ontome:

:up: the MILLER jersey, Awesome!
Mike, when we WIN a STANLEY CUP, I'm hoping they sell Champion stuff with our original logo on it, but even I know then, I'll end up buying Champion stuff with the slug on it, but I've got a nice stash of original patch's I'm going to have my wife sew over it :up:
When we finally get to skate the CUP, I :pray: we're wearing our original logo jerseys, for all the Sabres that gave blood up to this year, and the fans!

GThirst
01-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I hate the slug and all, but your way too preachy.

Your like that friend that everyone has that is a different religion, and is all too preachy. He just won't give up trying to make you Jesus butt buddies.

Just accept it, its here to stay, and there is no changing that.

im4bflo
01-05-2007, 08:36 PM
I hate the slug and all, but your way too preachy.

Your like that friend that everyone has that is a different religion, and is all too preachy. He just won't give up trying to make you Jesus butt buddies.

Just accept it, its here to stay, and there is no changing that.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across that way, but I can't believe we didn't all stick together, and get rid of that embarrassment. With the petition and everything going earlier, I thought we'd win and get rid of the slug, like the Isle fans got rid of the 'Fisherman'.
Then fans start trying to accept what they know sucks, because we're winning.
Add the bandwagoners, offer ONLY the slug merch, and everything went to hell.
I believe things can change, I read from someone in the SABRE orginization, that if the 3rd out sold the 'slug', that they'd go back to our original logo.
Then they only offered the slug, no other option, the :bandwagon 's wanted merch, so the slug appears to do well, I know, with a fair choice, we'd still have our real logo, instead of a yellow slug. I don't want to be 'preachy', I just care too much I guess. I can't accept that slug that's being force fed to us.
I pray it's not here to stay, and I'm trying not to bring it up, but when someone else does, I'm giving my :2cents: GO SABRES!

Michael82
01-06-2007, 07:25 AM
:up: the MILLER jersey, Awesome!
Mike, when we WIN a STANLEY CUP, I'm hoping they sell Champion stuff with our original logo on it, but even I know then, I'll end up buying Champion stuff with the slug on it, but I've got a nice stash of original patch's I'm going to have my wife sew over it :up:
When we finally get to skate the CUP, I :pray: we're wearing our original logo jerseys, for all the Sabres that gave blood up to this year, and the fans!
Phil gave me a tshirt with the slug on it for Christmas. Should I wear it or sacrifice it to the slug gods? :snicker:

BlackMetalNinja
01-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Phil gave me a tshirt with the slug on it for Christmas. Should I wear it or sacrifice it to the slug gods? :snicker:

I have one of the jersey t shirts with Miller's name and number on it and the new logo on the front. I wear it all the time and all the relocated Buffalo people here stop and talk to me because of it!

im4bflo
01-06-2007, 06:08 PM

I'd save it for a sacrifice in the future.
The right time will come sooner or later.
I knew you wouldn't buy that crap :up:
Hey, if Phil wants to buy me one to sacrifice, I'll take it! :naughty:

im4bflo
01-06-2007, 06:09 PM
I have one of the jersey t shirts with Miller's name and number on it and the new logo on the front. I wear it all the time and all the relocated Buffalo people here stop and talk to me because of it!

You mean after they stopped laughing?

Michael82
01-07-2007, 08:01 AM
I'd save it for a sacrifice in the future.
The right time will come sooner or later.
I knew you wouldn't buy that crap :up:
Hey, if Phil wants to buy me one to sacrifice, I'll take it! :naughty:
I think I might wear it to the next home game. My throwback shirt is running out of luck. :ill:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-07-2007, 03:43 PM
ONLY 7 MORE GAMES LEFT UNTIL THE ORIGINAL 1970 BLUE & GOLD JERSEY GOES BACK INTO STORAGE! :dance: the NHL is doing away with the 3rd jerseys for next year because of the new form fitting jerseys that the players will wear in the All-Star game.

JD
01-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Girls think the new logo is cute.

Do you REALLY want your team represented by a cute cuddly slug??

I sure as hell do not.
Once again, those who love the slug or have no problem..are those who female or hopped on the bandwagon somehwhere around last year and talk as if the sabres were just created. No hardcore Sabres fans like the logo. If you were a big fan in the 70's and just casually watched the team since then..but started watching alot recently because of our success..you are not a hardcore-dedicated fan.. you are a fairweathered fan that needs to be shot in the face.

Thank you and have a nice day.
X the slug.

Michael82
01-07-2007, 03:52 PM
ONLY 7 MORE GAMES LEFT UNTIL THE ORIGINAL 1970 BLUE & GOLD JERSEY GOES BACK INTO STORAGE! :dance: the NHL is doing away with the 3rd jerseys for next year because of the new form fitting jerseys that the players will wear in the All-Star game.
:negrep:

Where did you hear that the NHL is getting rid of 3rd jerseys? I find it hard to believe that they would just stop using them. They make money off of them. :blah:

Michael82
01-07-2007, 03:53 PM

I sure as hell do not.
Once again, those who love the slug or have no problem..are those who female or hopped on the bandwagon somehwhere around last year and talk as if the sabres were just created. No hardcore Sabres fans like the logo. If you were a big fan in the 70's and just casually watched the team since then..but started watching alot recently because of our success..you are not a hardcore-dedicated fan.. you are a fairweathered fan that needs to be shot in the face.

X the slug.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-07-2007, 03:55 PM
:negrep:

Where did you hear that the NHL is getting rid of 3rd jerseys? I find it hard to believe that they would just stop using them. They make money off of them. :blah:

I have been hearing stuff that the nhl will be getting new jerseys next season. every team pretty much, also doing away with 3rd jerseys?

It is 100% true.
http://boards.ign.com/hockey/b5111/134085074/p1/

also there are also other teams that are going to be changing their jerseys and logo's according to this guy

People,my buddy works for the Montreal Canadiens in the merchandice store and I have actually seen some of the new jerseys.

Most teams are keeping their logos and colors.The Capitals are the only ones from what ive seen that are changeing their jersey to the old colors and old logo.

Toronto has very little change,Montreal will get rid of their strips and go to waves.St.Louis will have blue under there armpit.L.A will go back to there 1980's logo crown with gold and purple back in the jersey.Calgary is bringing back the yellow C on there red jersey with red pants now instead of black.

Out of all the 15 jerseys I did see,only St.Louis looks ugly.They still have the bluenote logo and still same colors.
Washington,Philly,L.A and Ottawa's road white jersey look nice.Dallas is the same just has stars under the armpits.

Because we have seen the designs for 15 NHL clubs .Buffalo and the Ducks are the first of the RBK jerseys.They are tight like the Nike jerseys the WC of hockey had.Right now the NHL players are useing the new sytle jerseys in practice just to get used to them and at the all-star game the NHL will show off what the jerseys will look like.

So it looks like Larry Quinn was right about everything!!! all :hail: Larry Quinn

Philagape
01-07-2007, 04:06 PM
If it's true, just shows the only way to get rid of the old BETTER jerseys is by league mandate. When the Sabres had a choice, they wore them.

JD
01-07-2007, 04:49 PM
So someone goto a practice, take pics.. I wanna see how they look..or are they the center-ice jerseys

Dr. Lecter
01-07-2007, 05:00 PM

I sure as hell do not.

X the slug.

Some people who don't mind the new logo have been fans since before you were born.

The idea that a "real fan" has to hate the logo is moronic.

BlackMetalNinja
01-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I do not for the life of me understand you guys that think instant death should come to all who let the new logo grace their bodies...

Yes, we all understand you don't like the logo, I don't like the logo... Guess What... they aren't going to change it because YOU don't like it! The notion that I am less of a Sabres fan because I still support the team and like to show others that I support the team, even though they changed their look is nothing short of rediculous.

I'm not a "real fan" even though I've been watching this team for the past 20 years since I was a little kid simply because I choose to wear the current merchandise? Makes a load of sense really...

I understand im4bflo has been watching this team a lot longer than I, I can't help that he's older than me... but he's a better fan because of that? He's a better fan because he likes to complain about something that is out of his hands???

JD... you've got to be kidding me right. Fans that have been watching the team for the last 30 years should be shot in the face because the team is winning now and they have a new logo??? Come on man, you're just about the youngest one to post in here, that crap is rediculous.

I've made my point on this a thousand times and you guys are too blind to even respect it. We all get you don't like the logo, you've made it more than clear, but what logical sense is there in constantly bringing it up week in and week out.

If you feel you must discuss it so badly, I honestly urge you to go create your own forums for that exact purpose... you'll be in the company of all those that agree with you since that's what you seem to want so damn bad. I just really wish you'd stop polluting THIS forum with your narrow minded views.

It's not even so much that you bother me with bringing it up, it's that you completely disrespect anybody that has an opposite view point and then reduce yourselves to calling them names. Why can't you be like the rest of us and just say "hey, you know, that's your opinion, I disagree" and leave it at that???

The handful of you that won't ever get off this subject really do bring the rest of this forum down. It's not like there are a ton of choices out there to talk about the Sabres as it is and I generally like the people on this board and would prefer to discuss it with them, but you guys are making it damn near impossible to even read this forum anymore.

If you keep it up, I guess I'll have to add the rest of you to the ignore list along with Mr Diehard himself, im4bflo. It'll be great fun trying to make sense of every 3rd or 4th post that actually isn't existing simply to whine and complain.

Philagape
01-07-2007, 07:43 PM
I don't like the logo, but I'm embarrassed by some of the people who agree with me. Get over it and grow up.

DraftBoy
01-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I like the new logo, I suppose Im in the minority.

GThirst
01-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Now, don't think I want you to get shot in the face if you like the slug logo or anything, but any true fan WITH SENSE OF TRADITION can not like the slug logo.

It completely undermines tradition. It does not look like a Buffalo. It does not have a sabre in it. We are not the Buffalo Buffalos, we are the Buffalo Sabres. Put a sword in it, and put a buffalo in it. It lacks both, and looks much more like a bannana slug or Barnie Rubbels hair. Its a forcefed logo that had a VERY negative reaction to when first introduced. As bad as the fishermen of the NYI? Maybe not. But at least the people in NYI had the mental capacity and will to not buy this garbage.

But last year, its not like you saw these slug wearing patrons wearing a black and red angry goat or a retro hat, shirt, or jersey. The Sabres one 10 straight to start the season, and people accepted it. How can you be displeased with a team thats breaking NHL records? Thats right, you can't be.

I can see people accepting the logo, the team is producing and the fanbase is growing. Its too late now too get the logo changed. But if the Sabres had been a losing team this year, I sincerely doubt the Slug would have sold much. The hardcores are the only ones who stood with the team up to last year and any Sabres fan who values tradition and non-generic design would not like this new logo. They would accept it though, since the team is "scary good".

And for the record I don't like the Black/Red Pissed off buffalo jerseys, they were generic and lame. I like the new jerseys over them, but not the logo.

BlackMetalNinja
01-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Now, don't think I want you to get shot in the face if you like the slug logo or anything, but any true fan WITH SENSE OF TRADITION can not like the slug logo.

It completely undermines tradition. It does not look like a Buffalo. It does not have a sabre in it. We are not the Buffalo Buffalos, we are the Buffalo Sabres. Put a sword in it, and put a buffalo in it. It lacks both, and looks much more like a bannana slug or Barnie Rubbels hair. Its a forcefed logo that had a VERY negative reaction to when first introduced. As bad as the fishermen of the NYI? Maybe not. But at least the people in NYI had the mental capacity and will to not buy this garbage.

But last year, its not like you saw these slug wearing patrons wearing a black and red angry goat or a retro hat, shirt, or jersey. The Sabres one 10 straight to start the season, and people accepted it. How can you be displeased with a team thats breaking NHL records? Thats right, you can't be.

I can see people accepting the logo, the team is producing and the fanbase is growing. Its too late now too get the logo changed. But if the Sabres had been a losing team this year, I sincerely doubt the Slug would have sold much. The hardcores are the only ones who stood with the team up to last year and any Sabres fan who values tradition and non-generic design would not like this new logo. They would accept it though, since the team is "scary good".

And for the record I don't like the Black/Red Pissed off buffalo jerseys, they were generic and lame. I like the new jerseys over them, but not the logo.

You're wrong... I wore the "angry goat" red and black... just like I wore the original logo and colors before that... That's the point I'm trying to make. I support the team, I wear the gear. I want people to look at me and say, "Hey, he's a Buffalo Sabres fan". So you "diehard" fans that know so much and say there can only be one true logo don't wear anything that isn't at least 15 years old? IS that what you're telling me?

Philagape
01-07-2007, 08:35 PM
I didn't love the black and red jerseys, but I have all three of them. Why? Because I love the team. Wearing a jersey is not about the jersey itself, but about the team.
I'm going to get the new jerseys once they're available again. I'd still like to have the old crest sewed on, but if that's not possible, so be it. I love the team more than I hate the jersey.
If someone hates the logo more than they love the team, then they have no right to get on anyone else about being a fan.

BlackMetalNinja
01-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I didn't love the black and red jerseys, but I have all three of them. Why? Because I love the team. Wearing a jersey is not about the jersey itself, but about the team.
I'm going to get the new jerseys once they're available again. I'd still like to have the old crest sewed on, but if that's not possible, so be it. I love the team more than I hate the jersey.
If someone hates the logo more than they love the team, then they have no right to get on anyone else about being a fan.

Thank goodness for a sensible person in this place. Thank you sir for illustrating exactly the point I've been trying to get across for months!

Philagape
01-07-2007, 08:42 PM
I'll still slam the slug every now and then, but I respect those of inferior taste who disagree with me :D

GThirst
01-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Of course, thats why I said:

The hardcores are the only ones who stood with the team up to last year and any Sabres fan who values tradition and non-generic design would not like this new logo. They would accept it though, since the team is "scary good". A real fan would accept it, but still be displeased with it. I too have black and red jerseys. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I won't wear it. There was that bit of time when it seemed everyone hated it. So I figured, you know, people wouldn't buy it. But the team dominated so hard that you just had to support your team in all ways possible. Although, you could just buy old school stuff and that is still supporting the team.

Thank goodness for a sensible person in this place. Thank you sir for illustrating exactly the point I've been trying to get across for months! We all know this point. We all still love the team. We just hate the logo. Boycotting new jerseys doesn't hurt the team when you buy throwback stuff instead. Especially since anything that has to do with the Sabres is selling out anyway.

And lastly: Yea I like the jerseys (aside from the whole dark sleeves on away jerseys making no sense). Just the 'thing' on the front is bad.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-07-2007, 09:17 PM

There are swords (sabres) on it they're just not what you think they are. But I get it it's the gray strip that goes from the bottom to over the shoulder and comes to a point in the back those are the swords (sabres). if you put the jersey on the floor flat with the arms spread straight out, or wear the jersey and hold your arms straight out you will see the gray strip that starts from the bottom and goes over the shoulder and comes to a point in the back those are the swords and there are swords on the shoulder their going through the "B"!

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 12:20 AM
I think I might wear it to the next home game. My throwback shirt is running out of luck. :ill:

If we lose that game, you better burn it!

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 12:23 AM
And that will look real good on you :lmao:

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 12:27 AM

I sure as hell do not.

X the slug.

Another PERFECT post! :bf1: :respect:

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 12:41 AM
I do not for the life of me understand you guys that think instant death should come to all who let the new logo grace their bodies...

Yes, we all understand you don't like the logo, I don't like the logo... Guess What... they aren't going to change it because YOU don't like it! The notion that I am less of a Sabres fan because I still support the team and like to show others that I support the team, even though they changed their look is nothing short of rediculous.

I'm not a "real fan" even though I've been watching this team for the past 20 years since I was a little kid simply because I choose to wear the current merchandise? Makes a load of sense really...

I understand im4bflo has been watching this team a lot longer than I, I can't help that he's older than me... but he's a better fan because of that? He's a better fan because he likes to complain about something that is out of his hands???

JD... you've got to be kidding me right. Fans that have been watching the team for the last 30 years should be shot in the face because the team is winning now and they have a new logo??? Come on man, you're just about the youngest one to post in here, that crap is rediculous.

I've made my point on this a thousand times and you guys are too blind to even respect it. We all get you don't like the logo, you've made it more than clear, but what logical sense is there in constantly bringing it up week in and week out.

If you feel you must discuss it so badly, I honestly urge you to go create your own forums for that exact purpose... you'll be in the company of all those that agree with you since that's what you seem to want so damn bad. I just really wish you'd stop polluting THIS forum with your narrow minded views.

It's not even so much that you bother me with bringing it up, it's that you completely disrespect anybody that has an opposite view point and then reduce yourselves to calling them names. Why can't you be like the rest of us and just say "hey, you know, that's your opinion, I disagree" and leave it at that???

The handful of you that won't ever get off this subject really do bring the rest of this forum down. It's not like there are a ton of choices out there to talk about the Sabres as it is and I generally like the people on this board and would prefer to discuss it with them, but you guys are making it damn near impossible to even read this forum anymore.

If you keep it up, I guess I'll have to add the rest of you to the ignore list along with Mr Diehard himself, im4bflo. It'll be great fun trying to make sense of every 3rd or 4th post that actually isn't existing simply to whine and complain.

Hey ninj, all the above could have been downsized to :cry:
We who do not like the slug, havn't a chance to get rid of it, because of fans like you. At the beginning when it got leaked, how many who wear the slug now, signed the web petition to get rid of it? Only to turtle on the rest who's word is still good. Now you're telling us diehards to cave? That's for lesser or :bandwagon fans, sorry it bothers you. Wear your slug, maybe get one of those 'cute' pink ones, it looks good on you I'm sure.

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 12:48 AM

"" TRADITION "" Another PERFECT post!!! :bf1:
The tradition loving fans write such logical posts, and the sluglovers just ***** and moan.

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 12:54 AM
You're wrong... I wore the "angry goat" red and black... just like I wore the original logo and colors before that... That's the point I'm trying to make. I support the team, I wear the gear. I want people to look at me and say, "Hey, he's a Buffalo Sabres fan". So you "diehard" fans that know so much and say there can only be one true logo don't wear anything that isn't at least 15 years old? IS that what you're telling me?

The 'angry goat' you call it, I thought it looked like a white buffalo head, was at least passable as a buffalo! But a slug does not represent our team in any way.
And if we stuck together, we could of gotten rid of it.
That is, until fans like you, and the :bandwagon er's got involved.
:respect:

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 12:57 AM

Hate to lose ya, the :bandwagon takes another one :cynic:

Philagape
01-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Hey ninj, all the above could have been downsized to :cry:

That's what's embarrassing.

The slug can be very easily put down with rational discussion. There's no need for grade school silliness.

I've never put someone I substantially agree with on ignore, but the level of childishness I see here is pushing me toward it. Your posts are just plain creepy.

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 01:06 AM
There are swords (sabres) on it they're just not what you think they are. But I get it it's the gray strip that goes from the bottom to over the shoulder and comes to a point in the back those are the swords (sabres). if you put the jersey on the floor flat with the arms spread straight out, or wear the jersey and hold your arms straight out you will see the gray strip that starts from the bottom and goes over the shoulder and comes to a point in the back those are the swords and there are swords on the shoulder their going through the "B"!

How many times do we have to say, we love the uni's, it's the damn slug that's the problem??? The SLUG is our logo! It's supposed to represent BUFFALO SABRES! But in what way, I wished you'd let us know! :whoosh:

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 01:09 AM

The slug can be very easily put down with rational discussion. There's no need for grade school silliness.

I've never put someone I substantially agree with on ignore, but the level of childishness I see here is pushing me toward it. Your posts are just plain creepy.

That's okay dude, you're on your way to joining the :bandwagon
Save up your money for next years slug with the formfitting top and matching skirt :lmao:

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 01:29 AM

You're right, I guess I'm losing respect for nowadays Buffalo fans.
I used to brag how diehard ALL Buffalo fans were, but this generation couldn't hold a candle to the fans of the BUFFALO BILLS and SABRES during the 70's and 80's. We wouldn't cave to this slug crap getting forced on us.
But you're all into your 'fantasy' football, that has actually had (so called)Bills fans, hoping someone scores on US, because the players on his fantasy team! I wanted to slap him! The Bills couldn't sellout, because they weren't in the playoffs, even though, we were playing much better. The Sabres are winning, so hop on :bandwagon and buy the only thing they'll offer, a slug! :laughing:
Yeah, I must sound 'nut's' to you young fans, but I'm just a DIEHARD, nothing to worry about. But when there's a lul in the Zone, the slug topic still rules!
So enjoy it!

LtFinFan66
01-08-2007, 01:39 AM
I used to brag how diehard ALL Buffalo fans were, but this generation couldn't hold a candle to the fans of the BUFFALO BILLS and SABRES during the 70's and 80's. We wouldn't cave to this slug crap getting forced on us.
But you're all into your 'fantasy' football, that has actually had (so called)Bills fans, hoping someone scores on US, because the players on his fantasy team! I wanted to slap him! The Bills couldn't sellout, because they weren't in the playoffs, even though, we were playing much better. The Sabres are winning, so hop on :bandwagon and buy the only thing they'll offer, a slug! :laughing:
Yeah, I must sound 'nut's' to you young fans, but I'm just a DIEHARD, nothing to worry about. But when there's a lul in the Zone, the slug topic still rules!
So enjoy it!I love my fantasy football but if guys I have on my FF team are playing the Fins then they ride the bench that week :up: I will take a FF loss over a Fin loss anyday (not so much luck with that this year:sad:)

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 01:43 AM
I love my fantasy football but if guys I have on my FF team are playing the Fins then they ride the bench that week :up: I will take a FF loss over a Fin loss anyday (not so much luck with that this year:sad:)

I can't even stay interested in a real playoff game, when the BILLS aren't in it!

LtFinFan66
01-08-2007, 01:48 AM
BTW, I signed the petition against the Slug and I am not even a hockey fan! That thing is putrid

BlackMetalNinja
01-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Page 3 was pretty sweet... only had to read 9 posts instead of 20... I could get used to this!

BlackMetalNinja
01-08-2007, 09:00 AM
BTW, I signed the petition against the Slug and I am not even a hockey fan! That thing is putrid

I signed that petition as well... in fact, I believe my name was within the first 20 on it. This isn't about liking or disliking the logo anymore...

BlackMetalNinja
01-08-2007, 09:16 AM
You know what my favorite part of all this is??? Mr. Diehard fan for the past 30+ years over there doesn't even watch the damn games!

I moved out of market this year, and even though I'm only 24, and just married, and swimming in debt... I managed to scrape together $150 to get NHL Center Ice to watch my team all year. But I'm just a pretend fan because I'm young and too stupid to understand anything...

Philagape
01-08-2007, 09:20 AM
So enjoy it!

Diehard fans don't care about an illustration more than their team. Diehard fans love the team first.

Creepy.

I mean really, what's the definition of a fan? Is being a fan all about ME, ME, ME? Causing grief over a superficial issue? Is that loving a team? It's just loving yourself.

Or is it saying, I will sacrifice my aesthetic preferences, I will endure my meaningless distaste, to support the team I love. Isn't THAT a more devoted attitude? THAT's being a diehard.

Dude
01-08-2007, 09:25 AM

I sure as hell do not.

X the slug.The small minority of you who truly feel this way, and who would actually wish physical harm on someone because they don't rue the day the Sabres changed their logo, have much deeper issues than simply not liking the picture on your chest.

Get a life.

RockStar36
01-08-2007, 09:35 AM
I've been a fan since I knew what hockey was. Just because I don't despise the logo doesn't make me a bandwagon fan in the least bit.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-08-2007, 11:52 AM
this is from www.nhluniforms.com

A closer look at the crest would show that its shape resembles that of the letter B (for Buffalo, of course).

Michael82
01-08-2007, 11:58 AM
I love my fantasy football but if guys I have on my FF team are playing the Fins then they ride the bench that week :up: I will take a FF loss over a Fin loss anyday (not so much luck with that this year:sad:)
Good post. But the sad thing is that more and more people aren't like that anymore. They start the player and then hope he scores and that their team still wins. They want both.

Michael82
01-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Good post. :up:

I may bash the logo and ***** and moan about it here and there. But I still root like heck for the Sabres and don't want to beat up people who wear it. But I will say, I have never seen soo many ****ing bandwagon fans as I have lately. The Sabres gear is popping up all over Rochester. Ask them some questions about the team and they have no clue. Those are the people that piss me off and I'm sure piss im4bflo off. but oh well. There's nothing that can be done. I'm sure eventually I will cave too, especially if they get to the Stanley Cup and win it all. But for now, I'll keep buying tons of throwback stuff and wearing my tshirts and jerseys with the original best logo ever. :up:

Philagape
01-08-2007, 02:17 PM
A closer look at the crest would show that its shape resembles that of the letter B (for Buffalo, of course)

B for Biggest stretch ever.

Michael82
01-08-2007, 02:18 PM
B for Biggest stretch ever.
:rofl:

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Diehard fans don't care about an illustration more than their team. Diehard fans love the team first.

Creepy.

I mean really, what's the definition of a fan? Is being a fan all about ME, ME, ME? Causing grief over a superficial issue? Is that loving a team? It's just loving yourself.

Or is it saying, I will sacrifice my aesthetic preferences, I will endure my meaningless distaste, to support the team I love. Isn't THAT a more devoted attitude? THAT's being a diehard.

You guys make me feel like I'm talking to Leaf and Fish fans, when I've got to explain and repeat everything over to each one of you.
Websters Dict. die-hard One who TENACIOUSLY resists change or REFUSES to abandon a position.
That's diehard, and who's sticking to his position and resisting change?
THANK YOU very much! :bravo:
You young fans and fairweathers and bandwagoners are 'marked' by the slug on your chest. An embarrassment to tradition and good taste :snicker2:
GO SABRES!

JD
01-08-2007, 06:24 PM
That's okay dude, you're on your way to joining the :bandwagon
Save up your money for next years slug with the formfitting top and matching skirt
POST OF THE YEAR :lmao:

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Out of all the un-answered questions I've asked you slugheads, PLEASE just answer this ONE!
How does that Slug LOGO represent the BUFFALO SABRES ???????
I'll even explain why our original logo does first, at the top of our original, there is an unmistakeable charging buffalo, under that are two crossed sabres (plural).
A buffalo and sabres!!!! the ****ing BUFFALO SABRES!!!
NOW your turn! :tap:

JD
01-08-2007, 06:39 PM
If we were playing ****ty.. there would be 200,000 signatures on that petition. When we start playing bad, people will have time to realize how frickin disgusting that thing really is.

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 06:48 PM
If we were playing ****ty.. there would be 200,000 signatures on that petition. When we start playing bad, people will have time to realize how frickin disgusting that thing really is.

Definitely! Winning makes things so good, some fans just follow blindly, and when they finally see how they were suckered, they get all defensive and embarrassed to admit they skrewed up.
Yellow and Pink SLUGS :roflmao: what a nightmare to wake up to!
slughead :baghead:

The_Philster
01-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Out of all the un-answered questions I've asked you slugheads, PLEASE just answer this ONE!
How does that Slug LOGO represent the BUFFALO SABRES ???????
is there a post somewhere where someone said it did? :huh:
It's on the Sabres jerseys and stuff....I think that's about it

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 06:56 PM
is there a post somewhere where someone said it did? :huh:
It's on the Sabres jerseys and stuff....I think that's about it

:no:
It still goes unanswered! Where's the attraction to that logo, over our original???
:idunno: Please give me a logical answer!!!

The_Philster
01-08-2007, 06:58 PM
:no:
It still goes unanswered! Where's the attraction to that logo, over our original???
:idunno: Please give me a logical answer!!!
who said there was an attraction to the slug over the original logo?
If you wanna debate, please stick to facts...accusing people of saying things they haven't will work in politics, but not with anyone with integrity

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-08-2007, 07:08 PM
even the poor petition guy has given up :laughing: he was a :nerd: anyways he tried and he failed ever hear the saying "you can't fight city hall" well he fought City Hall which was the Sabres here and he lost big time. If people only signed it only once and didn't put fake names on it ex: Elvis Presley maybe it still would be going strong.

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 07:13 PM
who said there was an attraction to the slug over the original logo?
If you wanna debate, please stick to facts...accusing people of saying things they haven't will work in politics, but not with anyone with integrity

I just want an answer to the question by the people who groan my posts, the people giving me a hard time about this.
I've explained enough, ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!
ANSWER the QUESTION!!!! ANSWER the QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 07:15 PM
even the poor petition guy has given up :laughing: he was a :nerd: anyways he tried and he failed ever hear the saying "you can't fight city hall" well he fought City Hall which was the Sabres here and he lost big time. If people only signed it only once and didn't put fake names on it ex: Elvis Presley maybe it still would be going strong.

ANSWER the QUESTION!!!!!!

The_Philster
01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I groan your posts once in a while...but I don't care much for the slug....but I also get tired of seeing someone obsess over it as much as you seem to

Dr. Lecter
01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
You have not explained ****.

Instead you have own feelings of self-importance and arrogance telling people who have fans for nearly 30 years that they are fair-weather fans or bandwagon fans because they don't hate a relativelt meaningless logog liek you do.

There really is no reason to discuss it further. I am ready to go to the Toronot game Thursday in either my Perreault classic throwback, my new logogT-shirt, my new logo sweatshirt and/or my goathead sweatshirt.

You gonna be at the game?

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I groan your posts once in a while...but I don't care much for the slug....but I also get tired of seeing someone obsess over it as much as you seem to
(once in a while):scratch: and I'm as obsessed as anybody else on this thread.
I'm still waiting for any slug fan to ANSWER my question!

The_Philster
01-08-2007, 08:03 PM
(once in a while):scratch: and I'm as obsessed as anybody else on this thread.
I'm still waiting for any slug fan to ANSWER my question!
I'm not sure if there are any "slug" fans...just a bunch of Sabres fans who may not like the logo, but just don't feel like it does any good to complain about it :idunno:

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 08:05 PM
You have not explained ****.

Instead you have own feelings of self-importance and arrogance telling people who have fans for nearly 30 years that they are fair-weather fans or bandwagon fans because they don't hate a relativelt meaningless logog liek you do.

There really is no reason to discuss it further. I am ready to go to the Toronot game Thursday in either my Perreault classic throwback, my new logogT-shirt, my new logo sweatshirt and/or my goathead sweatshirt.

You gonna be at the game?

One word... decaf ! :snicker:
Oh, you're going to games again! go figure :chuckle:
If I still lived there, I'd still have seasons.
YOU havn't answered my question either!!!

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure if there are any "slug" fans...just a bunch of Sabres fans who may not like the logo, but just don't feel like it does any good to complain about it :idunno:

So it sucks, but who cares? niiiice...
Guys, I've got to go bowling, will someone PLEASE answer my ONE question?!!!
How can you debate, when the slug (pardon the pun) hasn't got a leg to stand on :lmao: c-ya :beer:
ps- answer the question

Philagape
01-08-2007, 08:39 PM
You guys make me feel like I'm talking to Leaf and Fish fans, when I've got to explain and repeat everything over to each one of you.
Websters Dict. die-hard One who TENACIOUSLY resists change or REFUSES to abandon a position.
That's diehard, and who's sticking to his position and resisting change?
THANK YOU very much! :bravo:
You young fans and fairweathers and bandwagoners are 'marked' by the slug on your chest. An embarrassment to tradition and good taste :snicker2:
GO SABRES!

So you're a "diehard" fan of the LOGO.

Congratulations. I've never met such an enthusiast for sports logos. I concede. You, sir, are the king. :hail:

Let me know when you want to talk about being a fan of the TEAM, because that's all I really care about.

BTW, it's the "young fans" who are talking like adults here (most of them, anyway), while you still carry on like an 8-year-old.

Dr. Lecter
01-08-2007, 09:36 PM
One word... decaf ! :snicker:
Oh, you're going to games again! go figure :chuckle:
If I still lived there, I'd still have seasons.
YOU havn't answered my question either!!!

What about your damn question?

They changed the logo to a funny-shaped Buffalo head. They have a 'B' on the shoulders with a sword in it.

I am indifferent on the damn thing. I love the original. Hated the goathead, that was the wrong colors.

But I do know one thing: My feelings on a logo have little impact on what I think of the team

I guess some people watch sports for the athletic competition and to see one's favorite team win games, not to be some fashion designer *****ing about how the guys look in uniforms.

SABuffalo786
01-08-2007, 10:37 PM
this is from www.nhluniforms.com

You're kidding, right?

Maybe it looks like a B in Arabic or Swahili or something like that, but in the King's English?

Don't be silly.

As far as the Slug goes, count me in as a hater.

We now have THREE, count them THREE different jersey designs (not including third jerseys) floating around the stands of the Arena on game nights. I wouldn't've minded keeping the Goat Head and then just changing it to blue and gold (I saw a baseball cap with a blue and gold Goat Head and thought it looked pretty sharp). But an entirely different new crest? Come on Quinn, do you have ADD or something?

If someone who had never heard of hockey before stepped into the Arena for let's say a Leaf game, I wouldn't blame him if he thought there was going to be a double header that night with so many different sweaters around him!

If changing sweaters every decade or so doesn't undermine any sense of tradition we have, I don't know what does.

im4bflo
01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
You're kidding, right?

Maybe it looks like a B in Arabic or Swahili or something like that, but in the King's English?

Don't be silly.

We now have THREE, count them THREE different jersey designs (not including third jerseys) floating around the stands of the Arena on game nights. I wouldn't've minded keeping the Goat Head and then just changing it to blue and gold (I saw a baseball cap with a blue and gold Goat Head and thought it looked pretty sharp). But an entirely different new crest? Come on Quinn, do you have ADD or something?

If someone who had never heard of hockey before stepped into the Arena for let's say a Leaf game, I wouldn't blame him if he thought there was going to be a double header that night with so many different sweaters around him!

If changing sweaters every decade or so doesn't undermine any sense of tradition we have, I don't know what does.

Right ****ing on!!!
This is DIEHARD compasion for tradition and the team!
Can you slugheads learn anything from a traditional logical fan?
We can't just accept ANYTHING they forcefeed us, we do have a voice, but you slugs are killing it for us!
What tradition do we have left, after the slug :bandwagon comes to town?
You join them, or you stick to your guns, out of HOW MANY different jerseys, have we any identity? We need to stick to the BEST one, and it's pretty damn obvious to me which one!
Be a puss, or a SABRE FAN!

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 12:06 AM
So you're a "diehard" fan of the LOGO.

Congratulations. I've never met such an enthusiast for sports logos. I concede. You, sir, are the king. :hail:

Let me know when you want to talk about being a fan of the TEAM, because that's all I really care about.

BTW, it's the "young fans" who are talking like adults here (most of them, anyway), while you still carry on like an 8-year-old.

Dude, I'm a diehard fan of the logo and the team, anyone that knows me, will gladly back me up. The young fans and bandwagoners are hurting the teams tradition, because teenagers think they know it all, I was one, and it's common knowledge. They THINK they know it all, but tradition will win out in the end.
The young talk tough when things are going well, we're winning, but it's when we lose a few games, you can see the tough talk disappear!
Read the threads, a couple losses and the young fans are the ones who talk of doom first, oh, what the **** am I doing? Wasting my time on another know it all, I could talk all night, but you'd never understand. Enjoy the ride until you get off!

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 12:19 AM

They changed the logo to a funny-shaped Buffalo head. They have a 'B' on the shoulders with a sword in it.

I am indifferent on the damn thing. I love the original. Hated the goathead, that was the wrong colors.

But I do know one thing: My feelings on a logo have little impact on what I think of the team

I guess some people watch sports for the athletic competition and to see one's favorite team win games, not to be some fashion designer *****ing about how the guys look in uniforms.

Dude, what you're saying, is exactly what I'm saying!
Hate the logo...
Love the team...
But what I'm adding is we don't have to put up with said ****ty logo, if we stuck together. But they're smart, they want to forcefeed the slug while the teams winning, and the :bandwagon er's are buying. Only sell the slug merch., the :bandwagon fan's don't know the difference!
They're winning, :bandwagon fans are eating it up.
And the fans that really care, are seeing disrespect from slugfans, and it hurts because we want to see our real Sabres, the ones we've been following since 70', skate that CUP around, not some damn unliked by the majority slug!

Philagape
01-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Dude, what you're saying, is exactly what I'm saying!
Hate the logo...
Love the team...
But what I'm adding is we don't have to put up with said ****ty logo, if we stuck together. But they're smart, they want to forcefeed the slug while the teams winning, and the :bandwagon er's are buying. Only sell the slug merch., the :bandwagon fan's don't know the difference!
They're winning, :bandwagon fans are eating it up.
And the fans that really care, are seeing disrespect from slugfans, and it hurts because we want to see our real Sabres, the ones we've been following since 70', skate that CUP around, not some damn unliked by the majority slug!

Did you just say you DON'T want to see the Sabres win the Cup with the slug? That'll end all debate about what kind of fan you are right there.

And did you just imply the current Sabres are not the "real Sabres"? That doesn't sound like loving the team.

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 12:36 AM
And what's funny now to me is...
not ONE slug fan, out of all you, have yet ANSWERED my damn ONE question!
I've explained the pro's and con's of the original and the slug.
But have yet to hear anykind of logical reply, from any of you!
I think you know I'm right, but are too stubborn to admit it.
Prove me wrong! Give me a logical answer, as to why that slug represents the BUFFALO SABRES. F that slug!
We need a logo to represent our team, the fans, and our town.
Not a hodge-podge of second rate crap! Let's stick with the best!
And deep down in side, we all know what logo looks and represents the best.
I'd like to see Sabre fans stick together again, instead of following another money making scheme logo that sucks! GO SABRES!

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Did you just say you DON'T want to see the Sabres win the Cup with the slug? That'll end all debate about what kind of fan you are right there.

And did you just imply the current Sabres are not the "real Sabres"? That doesn't sound like loving the team.

Again, we're talking LOGO, not the team...
NO! I didn't say that, you twisted what I said, read exactly what I said, when we skate the CUP, it would just be more fitting, that we were wearing the original logo, for respect for all the past Sabres that gave their blood for the team.
And then some more :blah: twisted bull****.
To question my devotion to the team is rediculous.

SABuffalo786
01-09-2007, 12:46 AM

I really don't think it's so much a matter of "Do our uniforms look cool" for guys like im4bflo, but rather a desire to have some sort of permanence and continuity.

The modern American sports scene has little to no permanence. Players, coaches, general managers, Arenas, hell even entire clubs never seem to stay in one place anymore.

What else do fans have to hold on to BUT the team badge and colors? Once the front office bows down to the almighty dollar and ****s all over your identity, there's not much left for fans to embrace as their own.

The problem isn't so much the slug itself (altought it truly is ugly, IMO). If the Slug was introduced in 1970 as our original crest and stayed with the team until the present day, no one would be *****ing I think.

The problem is the total lack of respect people like John Rigas and Larry Quinn have for our club and city's history.

Dude
01-09-2007, 08:01 AM
blah, blah, blah answer my stupid questionWhat about the new logo represents Buffalo? It's on the jerseys of the team you are a supposed fan of. It's not going away.

If you hate it so much, do something about it. And when I say do something about it, I don't mean ***** and moan on this message board to a bunch of people who don't want to listen to you anymore. Get off your DIEHARD ass and do something about it. Stop insulting the rest of us who are not only diehard fans, but are mature enough to not act like a 2-year-old having a tantrum, and are enjoying one hell of a season. Take your thumb out of your mouth and make something happen on your own. Start a freaking petition or something. Write a letter. Anything. Just shut the hell up about it already.

BlackMetalNinja
01-09-2007, 08:27 AM
What about the new logo represents Buffalo? It's on the jerseys of the team you are a supposed fan of. It's not going away.

If you hate it so much, do something about it. And when I say do something about it, I don't mean ***** and moan on this message board to a bunch of people who don't want to listen to you anymore. Get off your DIEHARD ass and do something about it. Stop insulting the rest of us who are not only diehard fans, but are mature enough to not act like a 2-year-old having a tantrum, and are enjoying one hell of a season. Take your thumb out of your mouth and make something happen on your own. Start a freaking petition or something. Write a letter. Anything. Just shut the hell up about it already.

Glad to see I wasn't alone on this issue and that all but about 2 of you understood my point... I've said a million times everybody is entitled to their opinion... I just wish those that were so outspoken about theirs could actually defend it intelligently.

RockStar36
01-09-2007, 08:30 AM
For me, it's not even about being so outspoken w/ their opinions. It just gets on my nerves that if you don't rip the logo to death in every single post you get labeled as a "bandwagon fan" or a "fairweather fan" or you should just be "shot in the face". That's ****ing stupid.

I may be young but I bought an original blue jersey when they wore those. I bought a red 3rd jersey when they wore those. And I'll probably buy a new one. I support my team regardless.

Michael82
01-09-2007, 10:15 AM
You're kidding, right?

Don't be silly.

Excellent post! :bf1:

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2007, 10:57 AM
And what is tradition?

We are not the Montreal Canadiens. The Sabres have exactly 0 Stanley Cups in the old jerseys.

SABuffalo786
01-09-2007, 03:44 PM
And what is tradition?

We are not the Montreal Canadiens. The Sabres have exactly 0 Stanley Cups in the old jerseys.

I'm sorry, that argument is just plain silly.

So you think it's acceptable to throw away over 30 years of history just because we didn't win a Cup?

Everyone is so hung up on winning that they really miss the point of being a Sports fan.

Winning Championships certainly is terrific, but that's not what it's all about.

Mickey Mouse clubs like Tampa and Carolina have won Cups. Do they have tradition? Good ****ing Christ no! No one gives two ****s about them!

We might not have the banners in our rafters but what we do have is this:

Over three decades of faith, passion and love for our team. THAT'S tradition and in my opinion it's worth holding onto.

RockStar36
01-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Tradition is more than simply titles and banners.

I'd like to read what message boards said 10 years ago when they first changed logos, colors, and all that.

Dude
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Over three decades of faith, passion and love for our team. THAT'S tradition and in my opinion it's worth holding onto.I notice you didn't say logo.

SABuffalo786
01-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I notice you didn't say logo.

The modern American sports scene has little to no permanence. Players, coaches, general managers, Arenas, hell even entire clubs never seem to stay in one place anymore.

What else do fans have to hold on to BUT the team badge and colors?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
The crest in which would adorn the blue, white and gold jerseys of Buffalo Sabres players from October 1970 until April 1996 reflected the team's name. Along with the Buffalo appeared two crossed sabres "renowned as a clean, sharp, decisive and penetrating weapon on offense, as well as a strong parrying weapon on defense,"

The 1996-97 season began a new era in Buffalo Sabres hockey with a new home, new colors and a new logo. The Sabres' new colors would be black, white, red, gray and silver, featuring a white buffalo head as the new team logo. A secondary logo of a "B" with the familiar sabre piercing through it would also be featured on the shoulder of the new jerseys.

The third jersey pays tribute to the original sweater, while incorporating colors and elements from the current design, unveiled in 1996.

The organization chose from over 50 different concepts and developed a blend of the 1970s blue and gold crest, featuring the traditional circle and crossed Sabres logo, adorned on a red-based jersey, trimmed in the team's black and silver of the 1990s. The word "BUFFALO" appears on the lower trim to signify the team's proud attachment to its hometown. The third jersey also features the current Sabres white buffalo-head logo appearing on the shoulders.

The new Sabres new uniform, unveiled on September 16, 2006, takes its inspiration from the original Sabres uniform (1971-96) and second uniform (1996-2005).

The design was a collaborative effort between the Sabres and Reebok International. The new “blue and gold” colors have been altered to a deeper navy blue and richer gold that have a greater visual impact both in person and on television broadcasts. Silver accents and a revised “B-Sabre” logo were carried over from the team's second uniform.
http://www.sabres.com/newsarchive.cfm?id=628

you get the idea now :question:

Philagape
01-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Everyone is so hung up on winning that they really miss the point of being a Sports fan.

Winning Championships certainly is terrific, but that's not what it's all about.

Holy. Mother. Of crap. :jawdrop:

As a sports fan, here are my priorities:
1. Win
2. Win
3. Win
87. What the jerseys look like

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2007, 06:48 PM
'Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing."

Anybody that says being a sport fan is not about winning championships, needs to have their heads examined.

If the Sabres win the Cup in a pink tutu, I will be happier with that than a 2nd place finish in the original uniforms.

SABuffalo786
01-09-2007, 06:51 PM
'Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing."

Anybody that says being a sport fan is not about winning championships, needs to have their heads examined.

I never said winning championships isn't part of it. I said it certainly is part of it but it isn't EVERYTHING.

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2007, 07:11 PM
No, it is everything.

Unless won with the assistance of somebody like Rae Carruth.

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 07:16 PM

My biggest problem with you is that you keep twisting what has really been said, to your bull**** way of thinking.
I've never said anything bad about the team, I've never talked about the team, but you keep bringing it up. It's the (funny-shaped) logo that's the topic, let's stick to that please!
You just said it's funny-shaped, and then you have to jump to the shoulders to get anywhere near a sabre. And that you love the original, well that's what I'm saying, so why force yourself to like something "funny-shaped" when we should of boycotted the damn thing, too late now.
You guys agree with me, then you say you don't care, WTF?!

The_Philster
01-09-2007, 07:19 PM
My biggest problem with you is that you keep twisting what has really been said, to your bull**** way of thinking.
and you haven't? :huh:

SABuffalo786
01-09-2007, 07:23 PM
No, it is everything.

Unless won with the assistance of somebody like Rae Carruth.

Whatever. To each his own.

Look, to sum it up:

The slug is terrible. I don't like it. I'm not about to shoot anyone in the face (snort) or turn down a Cup because of it, but I really think it's a blantant cash grab by Larry Quinn (none of this 'we need it for the new Reebok uniforms' bull****) and really disrespects our past in the process.

Just my opinion.

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 07:25 PM
and you haven't? :huh:

NO

The_Philster
01-09-2007, 07:28 PM
NO
fair enough...I just thought for sure it was you who posted this question that can't be answered

Where's the attraction to that logo, over our original???

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2007, 07:28 PM

You are the one calling life-long fans fairweather and bandwagon jumpers.

Seems as if you have the bull**** way of thinking, or the lack thereof.

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm trying to explain about our tradition to a bunch of youngsters who couldn't understand. F the slug! GO SABRES!

Philagape
01-09-2007, 07:32 PM
I've never said anything bad about the team, I've never talked about the team, but you keep bringing it up.

But what I'm adding is we don't have to put up with said ****ty logo, if we stuck together. But they're smart, they want to forcefeed the slug while the teams winning, and the er's are buying. Only sell the slug merch., the fan's don't know the difference!
They're winning, fans are eating it up.

We can't just accept ANYTHING they forcefeed us

Who does "they" refer to?

The team wants the slug. So it's you vs. the team.

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm trying to explain about our tradition to a bunch of youngsters who couldn't understand. F the slug! GO SABRES!

1. Some of us are not youngsters.
2. You sure as hell are acting much younger than almost everybody here.

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 08:00 PM

You're so mature Dr., I'm tired of being right, you guys win, that new logo is awesome! I'm with you bro :up:

Nighthawk
01-09-2007, 08:02 PM
You're so mature Dr., I'm tired of being right, you guys win, that new logo is awesome! I'm with you bro :up:

There is no right or wrong. You have your opinion and others have their opinion. However, nobody has the right to tell somebody what to think or how they should perceive something.

Philagape
01-09-2007, 08:03 PM

I think the logo sucks. Slug lover.

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 08:06 PM
I think the logo sucks. Slug lover.

that hurt :cry:

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 08:09 PM
There is no right or wrong. You have your opinion and others have their opinion. However, nobody has the right to tell somebody what to think or how they should perceive something.

That was my opinion, that I am right.
And I do have the right of free speech, but you don't have to listen.
Love your team, love your yellow logo, it's awesome!

SABURZFAN
01-09-2007, 08:13 PM

:laughter:

he's known for that.

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 08:22 PM
And with the new logo, when someone say's "you're yella!"
You can say "damn right I am"!
What a proud moment!

im4bflo
01-09-2007, 09:03 PM

I'm here to have fun, lately it's pushing your buttons, and see what happens :snicker2:
Sorry I called you young.
love that yellow slug, it's awesome!

Bill Brasky
01-10-2007, 05:15 PM
the sabres have a new logo? wtf... when did this all happen?

im4bflo
01-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Hell yeah! And that bad-boy is ****ing awesome!

im4bflo
01-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Seriously, that slug sucks.
It's the :bandwagon logo.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-10-2007, 09:03 PM
The crest in which would adorn the blue, white and gold jerseys of Buffalo Sabres players from October 1970 until April 1996 reflected the team's name. Along with the Buffalo appeared two crossed sabres "renowned as a clean, sharp, decisive and penetrating weapon on offense, as well as a strong parrying weapon on defense,"

The 1996-97 season began a new era in Buffalo Sabres hockey with a new home, new colors and a new logo. The Sabres' new colors would be black, white, red, gray and silver, featuring a white buffalo head as the new team logo. A secondary logo of a "B" with the familiar sabre piercing through it would also be featured on the shoulder of the new jerseys.

The third jersey pays tribute to the original sweater, while incorporating colors and elements from the current design, unveiled in 1996.

The organization chose from over 50 different concepts and developed a blend of the 1970s blue and gold crest, featuring the traditional circle and crossed Sabres logo, adorned on a red-based jersey, trimmed in the team's black and silver of the 1990s. The word "BUFFALO" appears on the lower trim to signify the team's proud attachment to its hometown. The third jersey also features the current Sabres white buffalo-head logo appearing on the shoulders.

The new Sabres new uniform, unveiled on September 16, 2006, takes its inspiration from the original Sabres uniform (1971-96) and second uniform (1996-2005).

The design was a collaborative effort between the Sabres and Reebok International. The new “blue and gold” colors have been altered to a deeper navy blue and richer gold that have a greater visual impact both in person and on television broadcasts. Silver accents and a revised “B-Sabre” logo were carried over from the team's second uniform.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Hockey/NHL/BUF_mr0hxulwx96q3jgfzrug.gif :snicker:

I have to admit it does look better with the word markings than just by itself

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-12-2007, 06:20 PM

and they came up with this... now do you get the idea :question:

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Hockey/NHL/BUF_mr0hxulwx96q3jgfzrug.gif :snicker:

Michael82
01-13-2007, 01:17 AM
That logo actually doesn't bother me AS MUCH. They should have put that logo on the jerseys. It would have filled the blank space on the front. Plus, I think it looks like the curve of the slug is a little better. :up:

im4bflo
01-13-2007, 03:39 PM

I guess we can also blame Reebok(the bastards!) Screw collaborating with anybody that's just into ***ing the fans out of money.
I like the uni's, but we've already got a great logo.
Now we're stuck with the :bandwagon logo.
Screw Reebok! GO SABRES!

im4bflo
01-13-2007, 03:44 PM
That logo actually doesn't bother me AS MUCH. They should have put that logo on the jerseys. It would have filled the blank space on the front. Plus, I think it looks like the curve of the slug is a little better. :up:

'AS MUCH' still means it SUCKS!
How can so many fans just put up with that piece of ****?
And spend 100's of dollars on it?
the :bandwagon doesn't know any different, but ...
GO SABRES!

Philagape
01-13-2007, 03:58 PM
'AS MUCH' still means it SUCKS!
How can so many fans just put up with that piece of ****?
And spend 100's of dollars on it?
the :bandwagon doesn't know any different, but ...
GO SABRES!

Because they love the team more than they hate the logo. They are the more devoted fans, because they're not selfish whiners.

im4bflo
01-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Because they love the team more than they hate the logo. They are the more devoted fans, because they're not selfish whiners.

Another dummy talking team, when I'm talking logo.
Read the topic of this thread, and please stick to it.
Talk about whining... what the hell are you doing?
You like the original, and you're posting about it.
Go ahead and wear the Reebok :bandwagon logo.
That's what you'll be looking like.

Philagape
01-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Another dummy talking team, when I'm talking logo.
Read the topic of this thread, and please stick to it.
Talk about whining... what the hell are you doing?
You like the original, and you're posting about it.
Go ahead and wear the Reebok :bandwagon logo.
That's what you'll be looking like.

The team wants the logo, therefore you can't separate the two. If you take action against the logo, you take action against the team.

I can say the new logo sucks without being the Fred Phelps of logos and calling those who disagree with me childish names. But I will not do anything differently than I would do under the previous logos as far as supporting the team. I've bought every jersey they've ever worn, and that will not stop because that's one way I support the TEAM. When I stop doing that, then I support the TEAM less. Not an option.

In five years, those who still refuse to have anything to do with the logo will be mocked as silly freaks. Thanks for the preview.

We'll probably change it again in 10 years anyway.

im4bflo
01-13-2007, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=Philagape]The team wants the logo, therefore you can't separate the two. If you take action against the logo, you take action against the team.

:laughing: :lolcry:
where did you get that?
I bet you the players would rather have the original, you could tell when they were interviewed at the unvailing.
And spending money on something you dislike is dumb.
It's not your only option.
And I can separate my team from a Reebok logo very easily.
The Reebok slug is the only thing that sucks, besides fans that would rather have that than our original. GO SABRES!

Philagape
01-13-2007, 06:31 PM
where did you get that?

The fact that they wear them?

And spending money on something you dislike is dumb.

I like the team.

It's not your only option.

If I want an updated jersey, it is.

And I can separate my team from a Reebok logo very easily.

You can do anything you want. But you're going against what the team wants. You're saying it's all about you. You can live in your own little world where people talk like they're still in puberty, or you can accept the real world.

The Reebok slug is the only thing that sucks, besides fans that would rather have that than our original.

FANS accept the team as it is. FANS set aside their own preferences. FANS don't carry on like a kindergartner who doesn't get his way.

im4bflo
01-13-2007, 06:52 PM
The fact that they wear them?

I like the team.

If I want an updated jersey, it is.

You can do anything you want. But you're going against what the team wants. You're saying it's all about you. You can live in your own little world where people talk like they're still in puberty, or you can accept the real world.

FANS accept the team as it is. FANS set aside their own preferences. FANS don't carry on like a kindergartner who doesn't get his way.

They have to wear them (duh)
But if you're watching the game, check out the sticker behind their helmets, lower left side. That's where their hearts are, and any non Reebok slug fan.
Who else has their original logo on their helmets?
When the original comes back, I've got a lot of 'I told you so's' for all you Reebok slug :bandwagon fans.
It will be changing again, and next year there will be the new formfitting jersey, with the matching skirt :snicker2: and you'll be first in line?
You must be rich or something to spend hundreds on something you've admitted you dislike. (isn't that dumb?)
DIEHARD fans (PLEASE LOOK UP THE MEANING BEFORE YOU ANSWER) don't change for such stupid reasons. GO SABRES!

Philagape
01-13-2007, 07:07 PM
They have to wear them (duh)
But if you're watching the game, check out the sticker behind their helmets, lower left side. That's where their hearts are, and any non Reebok slug fan.
Who else has their original logo on their helmets?
When the original comes back, I've got a lot of 'I told you so's' for all you Reebok slug :bandwagon fans.
It will be changing again, and next year there will be the new formfitting jersey, with the matching skirt :snicker2: and you'll be first in line?
You must be rich or something to spend hundreds on something you've admitted you dislike. (isn't that dumb?)
DIEHARD fans (PLEASE LOOK UP THE MEANING BEFORE YOU ANSWER) don't change for such stupid reasons. GO SABRES!

Diehards don't ***** for such stupid reasons. And you're right, they don't change. I've supported the team all along by wearing their jersey, and I'm not going to change that.

Now answer this question: Why is there a backorder of jerseys in the TENS OF THOUSANDS? (source: conversations with various stores). My answer is that is how fans support the team. That's my definition of diehard: Real fans who put the team before their own preferences. Diehards aren't selfish.

im4bflo
01-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Diehards don't ***** for such stupid reasons. And you're right, they don't change. I've supported the team all along by wearing their jersey, and I'm not going to change that.

Now answer this question: Why is there a backorder of jerseys in the TENS OF THOUSANDS? (source: conversations with various stores). My answer is that is how fans support the team. That's my definition of diehard: Real fans who put the team before their own preferences. Diehards aren't selfish.

I've posted twice Websters Dictionary's meaning of DIEHARD, and I ask you to.
That's a diehard, not what you think.
The team is only selling slugs, and the team is winning, which brings in ten's of thousands of :bandwagon er's, who buy whatever.
There is also tens of thousands that hate that slug, and some of them, like you, are giving in, because there is nothing else to buy.
Only the diehards will enjoy the season, without selling out to Reebok.
(look it up)!

im4bflo
01-13-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm answering your questions, how about going back, and answering what I've asked you? You're starting to bore me.

Philagape
01-13-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm answering your questions, how about going back, and answering what I've asked you? You're starting to bore me.

Then feel free not to respond :D

Philagape
01-13-2007, 08:11 PM
I've posted twice Websters Dictionary's meaning of DIEHARD, and I ask you to.
That's a diehard, not what you think.
The team is only selling slugs, and the team is winning, which brings in ten's of thousands of :bandwagon er's, who buy whatever.
There is also tens of thousands that hate that slug, and some of them, like you, are giving in, because there is nothing else to buy.
Only the diehards will enjoy the season, without selling out to Reebok.
(look it up)!

"Stubbornly resistant to change" and "unwaveringly loyal" is what mine says, and if you read my posts, that's exactly what I said. To me, not buying a jersey would be a change. But I'm not going to change that. I stubbornly resist my dislike of the logo and remain unwaveringly loyal to the team by wearing their jerseys. Diehard.

If you apply that definition to the logo, then you're a "diehard" fan of the old logo. Not the team. Perhaps you could start a Logo Zone just for you and the one supporter of the slug, because this is the Sabres Zone, where fans of the team discuss the team.

im4bflo
01-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Then feel free not to respond :D

So instead of answering my questions, you'd rather quit?
When you slugfans can't answer my tough questions, you're only proving more to me that I'm right.
I think this slug logo, is a bad thing for the team.
It's got Sabrefan against Sabrefan, like no logo before. A yellow slug(looking)thing, appearing to be headed straight into the ground, is not a good thing.
Shouldn't we ALL be proud and excited of our teams logo???
We're far from that, and I hate that, and so do a lot of fans.
It's going to jinx us. It's not our logo, just a moneymaker.

Philagape
01-13-2007, 08:57 PM
So instead of answering my questions, you'd rather quit?
When you slugfans can't answer my tough questions, you're only proving more to me that I'm right.

Look at the post right above yours. :insane:

I think this slug logo, is a bad thing for the team.
It's got Sabrefan against Sabrefan, like no logo before. A yellow slug(looking)thing, appearing to be headed straight into the ground, is not a good thing.
Shouldn't we ALL be proud and excited of our teams logo???
We're far from that, and I hate that, and so do a lot of fans.
It's going to jinx us. It's not our logo, just a moneymaker.

Jinx? Bad for the team? That's just silliness.