PDA

View Full Version : what do we do ibefore Mcgahee's contract runs out

BILLSROCK1212
09-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I say if he fails this season trade hime for a first round draft pick cas if he aint worth a 1st rounder than y was Deion and is Jerry Porter and John Abraham? I say we trade for a 1st rounder or a 2nd and 4th and draft a RB cas i asume we choose the 1st rounder with our 1st first rounder we draft a O-lineman like a LT maybe Levi Brown or Joe Thomas if we have a high pick then with our other 1st rounder we take Kenny Irons or Michael Bush or we could take a CB here to replace Clements cas i dont think Youboy will fill that rle most likely he'll be a nickelback here but we'll have to wait and see and wait till the second round and draft Garret Wolfe who after his game vs OSU should sore up the charts but this is all assuming we dont get a good player in free agency we've got a long time to think about this but this is just what i think early on

L.A. Playa
09-15-2006, 02:59 PM
is that english ??

jamze132
09-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Wow! How much coffee did you drink today? It's way too early to start picking who we should draft in round 2. And I seriously doubt we would get a 1st round pick for McGahee. Teams will just let him play his contract out and sign him and not give up anything. You might get a 2nd round pick for him after this season if they choose to get rid of him, but I doubt it would be a top 5.

Mitchy moo
09-15-2006, 03:02 PM
I need about 7 beers to decipher this dialect, give me until after happy hour.

OpIv37
09-15-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't know if we can get a 1st for McGahee and even if we do I don't know if we want to pay 2 first rounders.

He's going to demand a huge paycheck- if he proves he's worth it this year, give it to him. Otherwise, let some other team overpay for him. Finding a decent RB usually isn't that hard, and a first day draft pick could probably start at RB (although I'm hoping McGahee steps it up so we can keep him and use our early picks for DE and OL).

ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2006, 04:08 PM
You see the problem but your solutions are a bit flawed. This is his contract year and there's no way we can trade him in time. We just can't afford to do that. If he goes, he goes and we replace him with a regular draft pick.

BILLSROCK1212
09-15-2006, 04:30 PM
You see the problem but your solutions are a bit flawed. This is his contract year and there's no way we can trade him in time. We just can't afford to do that. If he goes, he goes and we replace him with a regular draft pick.
i am pretty sure next season is his contract year

justasportsfan
09-15-2006, 04:38 PM
if only he smoked pot we could trade him to miami straight up for Brown

patmoran2006
09-15-2006, 05:22 PM
i am pretty sure next season is his contract year
It is

ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2006, 05:56 PM
oh yeah
:doh:
I knew that.

X-Era
09-15-2006, 06:04 PM
It is

Well good, lets align the team to Willis's contract year so that we can win something, lord knows he wont show up until when his money is on the line.

Whens he gonna prove me wrong? I hope its soon

mybills
09-15-2006, 06:22 PM
is that english ??
:spit:

X-Era
09-15-2006, 07:29 PM
I say if he fails this season trade hime for a first round draft pick cas if he aint worth a 1st rounder than y was Deion and is Jerry Porter and John Abraham? I say we trade for a 1st rounder or a 2nd and 4th and draft a RB cas i asume we choose the 1st rounder with our 1st first rounder we draft a O-lineman like a LT maybe Levi Brown or Joe Thomas if we have a high pick then with our other 1st rounder we take Kenny Irons or Michael Bush or we could take a CB here to replace Clements cas i dont think Youboy will fill that rle most likely he'll be a nickelback here but we'll have to wait and see and wait till the second round and draft Garret Wolfe who after his game vs OSU should sore up the charts but this is all assuming we dont get a good player in free agency we've got a long time to think about this but this is just what i think early on

we spend our 1st round or 2nd round pick on a RB prospect to offset any potential loss.