X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

This run defense still sucks

Yes, it still sucks. 183 yards is uncalled for. Their running game controlled the game the 2nd half.

It didn't help that Robert Royal is an idiot. He pushes the guy from behind when Price was running out of bounds anyway. That was the final play that lost this game for us.

But for everyone who thought this was an improved run defense you are wrong. It still sucks and it will be another very long season of our swiss cheese run defense.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: This run defense still sucks

Not a popular thread this one here.

I'd blast your opinion like most on here surely will (if they even bother to say anything).. But there's only problem.. I have two words for you.

"you're right"

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

the pass D looked solid despite the youth but I completely agree on the run D. The DL still needs a lot of work.

That being said, a lot of our rookies look damn good and I wouldn't be surprised if we have the makings of another great D. But we're not there yet.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        the pass D looked solid despite the youth but I completely agree on the run D. The DL still needs a lot of work.

That being said, a lot of our rookies look damn good and I wouldn't be surprised if we have the makings of another great D. But we're not there yet.
        Absolutely.. This team is a year of seasoning and an impact DE away from being one of the best units in the NFL

Comment

• Mr B
          • Sep 2002

The Bills had poor tackling the the whole game. If they can get that corrected they may have only allowed 100 yards rushing last week.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

hell...my run defense in the BZFL is better than these guys.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• DEfinsE!
              • Oct 2005

And Ronnie will exploit it! But our secondary sucks so if JP shows up and actually makes plays that could give you a chance. But if Pep and the receivers are on, you're toast!

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

I agree that it still sucks now...but it was only one game. There's still a chance it could turn out to be pretty good...once players are more used to this system, once rookies are more used to the speed of the NFL game. Call me an optimist or whatever...but hopefully things will improve...1 game doesn't make an NFL season
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                  • Mar 2004

I'm curious to know if Lee Suggs will be able to contribute--I'm sure he hasn't had a whole long time to digest the playbook though. From what I've gleaned from some Browns fans is that they really liked him, but it seemed like a stiff breaze would cause him to get injured.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

I agree this is our achilles heel and we aren't going to be able to win with what he have on the defensive front. We need to blitz a lot more to try and cover up for this ineptitude and will get stuck by that sword I'm sure.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DEfinsE!
                      And Ronnie will exploit it! But our secondary sucks so if JP shows up and actually makes plays that could give you a chance. But if Pep and the receivers are on, you're toast!

if culpepper's on,that means he'll throw 3 or 4 INT's.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        Not a popular thread this one here.

I'd blast your opinion like most on here surely will (if they even bother to say anything).. But there's only problem.. I have two words for you.

"you're right"
                        I'm not out to state popular opinions to make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy inside and get positive rep out of it. I'm out to state factual opinions whether anybody wants to hear, admit or believe it.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

I have the bills going 4-12 this year, so I'm not into popular opinions either.

I think our run defense sucks NOW.. but with WIlilams in this lineup and McCargo, if Spikes is healthy at season's end I think you'll see a turnaround.

wont mean **** for this year though

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

we can only hope the players will be available to correct this glowing problem for next season. I still contend with Leinhard or Cutler on the team there would be more players available.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                              we can only hope the players will be available to correct this glowing problem for next season. I still contend with Leinhard or Cutler on the team there would be more players available.
                              Yeah...a team that gives up on its players before giving them a fair shot is a great draw for players to come to
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X