PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk GAME!

bigbry
09-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Man, I've been reading a few threads in here and most of you people are really afraid of the Dolphins.
Where EXACTLY are the Bills going to beat the Dolphins?
OL
DL
LB's
DB's
Special Teams
QB
Coaching
Really, tell me where and how the Bills out shine the Fish.

BB

SABURZFAN
09-15-2006, 06:58 PM
you have no game.

end of conversation.

bigbry
09-15-2006, 07:00 PM
you have no game.

end of conversation.

C'mon put some effort into this.

BB

mybills
09-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Miami will fall asleep in the 2nd half..they're like, older than me I think. :eek:

X-Era
09-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Man, I've been reading a few threads in here and most of you people are really afraid of the Dolphins.
OL
DL
LB's
DB's
Special Teams
QB
Coaching

BB

DB's.

A disgraced Losman threw 3 TD's on Miami's D with guys like Surtain still playing.

The Miami secondary is putrid and JP is playing much more effecient football, thsi could be JP's 3TD break out game.

!Papacrunk!
09-15-2006, 08:19 PM
DB's.

A disgraced Losman threw 3 TD's on Miami's D with guys like Surtain still playing.

The Miami secondary is putrid and JP is playing much more effecient football, thsi could be JP's 3TD break out game.

Did you mean Madison? Surtain has been with the Chiefs. I have all kinds of respect for Madison, I wished he coud've ended his career with the Dolphins (I guess he still can in the future,) but he had lost some speed the last some years and was starting to get burned.

Static
09-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Triple H is the game.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Special Teams for one. Moorman is the better punter. Lindell has passed Mare. McGee is the best KO returner in the NFL.

I also notice you don't list WR's. That is another position.

Neither O-line is all that great.

RB's are probably about equal. Anthony Thomas > Suggs.

It could very well be a close battle.

YardRat
09-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Buffalo's offense is going to have to play a lot better over the last three quarters of the game if they're going to have a chance to win. Buffalo's talent on offense is better than the Miami defense...they just have to prove it.

BILLSROCK1212
09-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Edit: Removed

DEfinsE!
09-15-2006, 09:04 PM
DB, OL is a push, QB could be considered a push from the way Daunte played last week, but he has all the credentials and should be rated above Losman. Your ST might be slightly better. K-Push, P-Bills, KR-Bills, but Welker is still very good there.

Outside of those positions, the Fins are just simply better.

!Papacrunk!
09-15-2006, 10:22 PM
After reading some of these Buffalo/Miami threads I've wondered that the homer thing you guys joked about (in retaliation to the realists) in the offseason is still a joke correct?

bigbry
09-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Special Teams for one. Moorman is the better punter. Lindell has passed Mare. McGee is the best KO returner in the NFL.

I also notice you don't list WR's. That is another position.

Neither O-line is all that great.

RB's are probably about equal. Anthony Thomas > Suggs.

It could very well be a close battle.

Actually I left the RB's and Receivers off the list on purpose. I think both are very much equal.
If this ends up in a field position type of game then Moorman could very well win this game for you. However, never discount Mare in any way. He could easily nail a 55 yarder to win the game.
Personally I think its a close game.

BB

North_Coast
09-16-2006, 04:35 PM
OL
DL
LB's
DB's
Special Teams
QB
Coaching

BB

OL: Buffalo's isn't all that good, but Losman has had time to throw without resorting to 5, 3, and 0 step dropbacks or the shotgun on every play. The Bills averaged 4.1 per carry, so they can also run. Miami's OL is big but slow and unathletic. ADV: BILLS

DL: Miami has Taylor. Traylor is pretty good. As I understand it, Wilkinson may not play because of some law suit in MD, so the NT position drops in quality if he's not there to spell Traylor. Is that real? Will Wilkinson be out of action? Age becomes a factor if the D's on the field for a stretch. Buffalo's D is young at the tackles, probably too young (2 rookies, 1 3rd yr guy playing just his second season) because it takes a few years to learn DT. DEs are good, but not as good as Taylor. ADV: FINS

LBs: The Fins have old and very slow Zach Thomas, up and coming Channing Crowder, and ... a bunch of ordinary guys. The Bills have old London Fletcher-Baker, up and coming Angelo Crowell, and rookie Keith Ellison. (I'm assuming Takeo isn't playing; otherwise this is no contest). ADV: PUSH

DBs: Even with 2 rookies starting at safety, the Bills are better. ADV: BILLS

STs: Punter: Bills Kicker: push McGee > Welker The rest is too early to tell, but certainly ST coach Bobby April gets the most from his group. ADV: BILLS

QBs: Losman is improving, but it's axiomatic that young QBs throw picks and do other dumb things. Culpepper is a seven year vet who threw two consecutive INTs when his team was down only 4 late in the game. Ughhh ... Daunte's gotta show he's better this season than last. ADV: PUSH

Coaching: Saban picked Mularkey for his OC, and Miami's offense has shown many of the characteristics of Buffalo's O in 2005 -- ineffective running game despite a quality RB, giving up on the run early, gadget plays that are frequently poorly executed, no long passing game. This alone drops Saban down a bit, but he also picked Dom Capers, a supposed "defensive genius" whose blitzes didn't work well and whose pass protection stunk. "Miscommunication" in the secondary -- three times -- sounds like sugar-coating coaching failures. Buffalo has a new defensive coordinator, a whole new defensive scheme, and a bunch of rookie DBs but the Bills DBs seem to all be on the same page. Houck = McNally -- neither have great talent to work with, but McNally has a little more. Houck might be able to get more out of his group, though, but lots of ??? Bobby April is probably the best ST coach in the NFL. ADV: BUFFALO.

This unit by unit comparison probably isn't the best format. A better one would probably be OL VS DL etc. DBs VS WRs.

BTW, what about TEs? See, Mularkey's already got you forgetting about them!

infiltrateib
09-16-2006, 04:38 PM
QB: Fins, unquestionably.
RB: Toss-up, at this point edge to McGahee, but only slight.
TE: Fins, unquestionably.
OL: Both awful right now. Run blocking goes to Buffalo, pass blocking to Miami (from what I have seen).
DL: Fins. Without a doubt.
LB: Depends on Spikes. I view it as even.
CB: Buffalo, unquestionably.
S: Buffalo, unquestionably.

I look for Miami's performance to depend on Culpepper. I expect to see steady doses of Ronnie and Willis, with the first to 30 carries winning this game.

Miami heat in the fourth quarter makes the difference. Miami 24, Buffalo 17.

bigbry
09-16-2006, 04:51 PM
OL: Buffalo's isn't all that good, but Losman has had time to throw without resorting to 5, 3, and 0 step dropbacks or the shotgun on every play. The Bills averaged 4.1 per carry, so they can also run. Miami's OL is big but slow and unathletic. ADV: BILLS

DL: Miami has Taylor. Traylor is pretty good. As I understand it, Wilkinson may not play because of some law suit in MD, so the NT position drops in quality if he's not there to spell Traylor. Is that real? Will Wilkinson be out of action? Age becomes a factor if the D's on the field for a stretch. Buffalo's D is young at the tackles, probably too young (2 rookies, 1 3rd yr guy playing just his second season) because it takes a few years to learn DT. DEs are good, but not as good as Taylor. ADV: FINS

LBs: The Fins have old and very slow Zach Thomas, up and coming Channing Crowder, and ... a bunch of ordinary guys. The Bills have old London Fletcher-Baker, up and coming Angelo Crowell, and rookie Keith Ellison. (I'm assuming Takeo isn't playing; otherwise this is no contest). ADV: PUSH

DBs: Even with 2 rookies starting at safety, the Bills are better. ADV: BILLS

STs: Punter: Bills Kicker: push McGee > Welker The rest is too early to tell, but certainly ST coach Bobby April gets the most from his group. ADV: BILLS

QBs: Losman is improving, but it's axiomatic that young QBs throw picks and do other dumb things. Culpepper is a seven year vet who threw two consecutive INTs when his team was down only 4 late in the game. Ughhh ... Daunte's gotta show he's better this season than last. ADV: PUSH

Coaching: Saban picked Mularkey for his OC, and Miami's offense has shown many of the characteristics of Buffalo's O in 2005 -- ineffective running game despite a quality RB, giving up on the run early, gadget plays that are frequently poorly executed, no long passing game. This alone drops Saban down a bit, but he also picked Dom Capers, a supposed "defensive genius" whose blitzes didn't work well and whose pass protection stunk. "Miscommunication" in the secondary -- three times -- sounds like sugar-coating coaching failures. Buffalo has a new defensive coordinator, a whole new defensive scheme, and a bunch of rookie DBs but the Bills DBs seem to all be on the same page. Houck = McNally -- neither have great talent to work with, but McNally has a little more. Houck might be able to get more out of his group, though, but lots of ??? Bobby April is probably the best ST coach in the NFL. ADV: BUFFALO.

This unit by unit comparison probably isn't the best format. A better one would probably be OL VS DL etc. DBs VS WRs.

BTW, what about TEs? See, Mularkey's already got you forgetting about them!

TE's...what? Oh yeah, those guys. McMike!
Heres a prediction for ya. 4 catches for 64 yrds.
Thanks for the great post.
And I think your roookie DB's do the rookie thing...... make mistakes.

BB

North_Coast
09-16-2006, 07:35 PM
TE's...what? Oh yeah, those guys. McMike!
Heres a prediction for ya. 4 catches for 64 yrds.
Thanks for the great post.
And I think your roookie DB's do the rookie thing...... make mistakes.

BB

I'm not going to argue that McMichael isn't better, but Mularkey seems to think that TEs are only supposed to block. I wouldn't be surprised if McMichael doesn't get 4 balls thrown his way all day. TEs seem to be non-existant in Mularkey offenses (which is weird because MM was a TE!).

I don't doubt that they will make mistakes, but their mistakes are unlikely to be worse than allowing Charlie Batch to rack up 250+ yards, 3 TDs and a 126+ passer rating -- and get into the record books with the longest pass to a TE since 1974!

YardRat
09-16-2006, 08:20 PM
I don't know why everybody continues to point out the Charlie Batch factor.

Pittsburgh has won consistently and their QB's have been...a wannabe QB more suited to WR or KR, an insurance salesman, and a guy barely out of diapers and not intelligent enough to strap a helmet on his dome in rush-hour traffic.

Kelly Holcomb would've beat the Dolphins last week. Maybe even Todd Collins.

bigbry
09-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Congratulations. The Bills played smart football.
The Bills secondary really played well.
I knew it would be low scoring but I thought it would be decided by a FG.

BB

justasportsfan
09-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Congratulations. The Bills played smart football.
The Bills secondary really played well.
I knew it would be low scoring but I thought it would be decided by a FG.

BB
:up:

RockStar36
09-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Joey! Joey! Joey!

Wow. Talk about turning on the QB who will lead the Fins to the SB so quick!