• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Want to know what good enough at RB is?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Is McGahee this good?

No one is and no one may ever be again!

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Want to know what good enough at RB is?

Sanders was a great pure runner, but I'd take Brown, Simpson, Payton, and Thomas over him.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

I would have liked to have seen the run he had against the pat's. He 360'd some guy. It was just sic
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
        Sanders was a great pure runner, but I'd take Brown, Simpson, Payton, and Thomas over him.
        No way. I take sanders over anyone in history to this point. Put any semblance of a line in front of him and you can look for multiple 2k seasons

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Man, he made the NFL look like a high school game didn't he? Like Ice said, give him a great line and put him in the books.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Barry Sanders is the defenition of RB.

No one has or will come close anytime soon to the talent that man had. Had he kept playing the rushing record would probably be approaching 25K.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

I love the run where Rodney Peete puts his hands up to signal TD when Barry still has about 25 yards and the entire secondary between him and the end zone. lol. That is confidence in a teammate.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Had Brown not retired prematurely, he'd still be #1.

Simpson was Barry Sanders while Barry was still in diapers.

Payton and Thomas were better all-around backs.

Let's not forget Sayers, either.

Sanders was great...but he wasn't the best of all time.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                  • Sep 2003

I could watch Barry highlights for hours...

It's also kinda cool that the only time in his career he was stopped for a safety was against Buffalo. Bruce got him in the endzone.
                  "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Luisito23
                    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                    • Apr 2003

Barry Sanders = The best RB of all time period..... ....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
                    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

I'm a HUGE Jim Brown fan--rooting for the Giants in the NFL in those days, I absolutely HATED him because he was so good--and I still think that he is the best RB to ever have played the game. But, I would have loved to have seen Barry Sanders play behind a good offensive line on a good team--he's the only one that I put in the same class as Jim Brown.

Gayle Sayers could have been in that same class in my opinion and, like Sanders, might have been the best, but simply didn't play long enough, which was a tragic loss for football.

Payton, Simpson, Thomas, Campbell and let's not forget Bo Jackson (whose career, like Sayers' was cut short) and, dare I mention his name, E. Smith (anyone who saw him in overtime against the Giants knows why I do) were all great running backs, each in their own way, who should be part of the discussion. But, for my money, it comes down to Brown and Sanders--thunder and lightning--who were different kinds of RBs and I don't think that it's wrong to select either one as your pick as the best ever.

But, of course, that's just my opinion...and when you start talking about "the best ever" there are bound to be a lot of people who will see things very differently.
                      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                        Closet Bills Fan
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                        I'm a HUGE Jim Brown fan--rooting for the Giants in the NFL in those days, I absolutely HATED him because he was so good--and I still think that he is the best RB to ever have played the game. But, I would have loved to have seen Barry Sanders play behind a good offensive line on a good team--he's the only one that I put in the same class as Jim Brown.

Gayle Sayers could have been in that same class in my opinion and, like Sanders, might have been the best, but simply didn't play long enough, which was a tragic loss for football.

Payton, Simpson, Thomas, Campbell and let's not forget Bo Jackson (whose career, like Sayers' was cut short) and, dare I mention his name, E. Smith (anyone who saw him in overtime against the Giants knows why I do) were all great running backs, each in their own way, who should be part of the discussion. But, for my money, it comes down to Brown and Sanders--thunder and lightning--who were different kinds of RBs and I don't think that it's wrong to select either one as your pick as the best ever.

But, of course, that's just my opinion...and when you start talking about "the best ever" there are bound to be a lot of people who will see things very differently.

very valid points on all parts..... only reason why i give jim brown the edge is because he was so dominant.. and not just in football..... many of the common rules in lacrosse are in place because of him.....

barry sanders had he not just quit, would probably be in the 20-25k range, depending on if he was still with the lions, or with a team that could give him an OL.

jim brown, had he done the same thing, would probably be in the same area.....

the difference, brown is smashmouth in ur face.... sanders is finesse, but in their era's they were the same..... the best

j-e-t-s
                        jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Statman
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                          I love the run where Rodney Peete puts his hands up to signal TD when Barry still has about 25 yards and the entire secondary between him and the end zone. lol. That is confidence in a teammate.
                          That's what caught my eye too. LMAO

Sanders is still behind a ton of guys and the QB's got his arms raised signifying a TD.
                          Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Jim Brown was the best ever. Period.

Those who think otherwise are too young to have seen him play, week after week, in his prime.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                              Had Brown not retired prematurely, he'd still be #1.

Simpson was Barry Sanders while Barry was still in diapers.

Payton and Thomas were better all-around backs.

Let's not forget Sayers, either.

Sanders was great...but he wasn't the best of all time.
                              Oh bull crap. Simpson better than sanders? Please stop. Sanders hands down is the best RB of all time to this point. And how do you know what kind of all around back Sanders was? They never threw to him. I know for FACT at OK state the guy could catch very well.

I have seen just about all of the guys you list, NONE compare.

Comment

Working...
                              X