PDA

View Full Version : Swami says, Bills circle the wagons

Mitchy moo
09-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Chris Berman:

Bills win 21-20.

feelthepain
09-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Doesn't he predict the Bills to win every week and the fins to lose every week??? Not much of a shock there.

Bling
09-15-2006, 10:15 PM
That's not exactly encouraging.

!Papacrunk!
09-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Berman picking the Bills?? That's almost as unlikely as John Madden proposing to Bret Favre.

Mitchy moo
09-15-2006, 10:22 PM
That's not exactly encouraging.

Not for Miami fans, no. He usually is pretty objective and looks at things differently than other people in the press. Plan on a good, fun game and one we are all are going to remember in December.

Mitchy moo
09-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Berman picking the Bills?? That's almost as unlikely as John Madden proposing to Bret Favre.

Say what you will, he called it a close game, the Bills have the edge. After seeing Daunte play against Pittsburgh, he really fell apart in the second half. Sound like a MM coached team that lacked adjustments and counted on the pass, the Bills have been there and Miami is there now.

!Papacrunk!
09-15-2006, 10:24 PM
He usually is pretty objective and looks at things differently than other people in the press.

You're being serious about this one, aren't you?

Mitchy moo
09-15-2006, 10:28 PM

Papa, I respect every post you put out but Miami got shredded by c. batch. You can say what you want about us but we lost by a Safety to a Bill B / Tom B. lead team and you lost to charlie. Daunte mental abilities are in question by the press and his previous years lead most to believe he is in a decline. He lost his Job to Brad johnson, think about it.

Mitchy moo
09-15-2006, 10:42 PM
The swami was 5-1 last week, just for a reference.

Marino13Phins
09-15-2006, 10:43 PM
I think you are wrong here big time skooby.

What you don't realize is Batch is an above average QB, not by much but he is. And to have the tools such as Miller, Ward, and parker around him, makes him even better then he is. Batch is in the NFL for a reason, he isn't a scum QB that people can just walk on.

I think you are going to be in for a big surprise this week Skoob.

!Papacrunk!
09-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Papa, I respect every post you put out but Miami got shredded by c. batch. You can say what you want about us but we lost by a Safety to a Bill B / Tom B. lead team and you lost to charlie. Daunte mental abilities are in question by the press and his previous years lead most to believe he is in a decline. He lost his Job to Brad johnson, think about it.
The same Pats team that had almost nobody for WRs? Of any WRs that he lost, Brady lost his best guy, a past Super Bowl MVP in Branch? Also the same team that had beat up LBers? You're telling me that the Bills would've done anything against the defending Super Bowl champs on opening night on their home field? I have a slight feeling that the Champs would've eaten the Bills offense alive, no offense. Culpepper's mental abilities, WTF are you even talking about? Well if the press is talking about it, lmao. Adjusting to a new team, new WRs, new environment after coming back from a devastating knee injury a lot earlier than anybody predicted and still putting up 270 yards against the Super Bowl champs. How did he lose his job to Brad Johnson? He was injured, and later wanted to leave the organization, he didn't lose his job. Johnson got it by default, think about it.

Marino13Phins
09-15-2006, 10:44 PM
The swami was 5-1 last week, just for a reference.

Swami never picks Miami to win, doesn't matter who they are playing.

Mitchy moo
09-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Watch ESPN right now, he's on!!

Marino13Phins
09-15-2006, 10:46 PM
The same Pats team that had almost nobody for WRs? Of any WRs that he lost, Brady lost his best guy, a past Super Bowl MVP in Branch? Also the same team that had beat up LBers? You're telling me that the Bills would've done anything against the defending Super Bowl champs on opening night on their home field? I have a slight feeling that the Champs would've eaten the Bills offense alive, no offense. Culpepper's mental abilities, WTF are you even talking about? Well if the press is talking about it, lmao. Adjusting to a new team, new WRs, new environment after coming back from a devastating knee injury a lot earlier than anybody predicted and still putting up 270 yards against the Super Bowl champs. How did he lose his job to Brad Johnson? He was injured, and later wanted to leave the organization, he didn't lose his job. Johnson got it by default, think about it.

Good post. That was the first time DC played 4 full quarters. Some people that are anti-dolphins are going to take that as the way he is always going to play. And I'm fine with people thinking that, becuase when he plays to his ability, which may take a 2 weeks or so, people are going to be surprised.

clumping platelets
09-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Berman picked the Pats to beat the Bills last week

FYI

Devin
09-15-2006, 10:48 PM
What you don't realize is Batch is an above average QB, not by much but he is.

:roflmao:

Marino13Phins

FYI

Berman has been on the pats bandwagon for a while now.

Devin
That was classic, he posts what Berman says and every fin fan chimes in.

At any rate whoever wins I agere it will be close.

Mitchy moo

So your telling me that they take Brad Johnson over your new QB by default? It's more like they took the better choice and Daunte is out. You lose to Brad Johnson, you hang your head.

!Papacrunk!
09-15-2006, 10:49 PM
We're disputing that Berman may or may not be a Bills fan? Am I in some bizarro world?

Marino13Phins
09-15-2006, 10:51 PM
That was classic, he posts what Berman says and every fin fan chimes in.

At any rate whoever wins I agere it will be close.

Yea, well I hate Berman. He never picks the phins, and never gives them props, even when they deserve it. And he is riding patriot d*ck constantly.

But yes it will be a close game.

Devin
Berman is the man.

Marino13Phins

Come on Devin. If he was such a pathetic QB he wouldn't be in the NFL.

Marino13Phins
09-15-2006, 10:53 PM
So your telling me that they take Brad Johnson over your new QB by default? It's more like they took the better choice and Daunte is out. You lose to Brad Johnson, you hang your head.

Duante was injured... and then wante to leave? How is that losing his job?

!Papacrunk!
09-15-2006, 10:53 PM

Skooby the word is logic. Dictionary.com is a great reference.

Mitchy moo
09-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Duante was injured... and then wante to leave? How is that losing his job?

He wanted to leave because he figured he could join the exhaulted list of Miami QB's that replace Dan Marino right?

Mitchy moo
09-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Skooby the word is logic. Dictionary.com is a great reference.

Logic says no Randy Moss = No Daunte stats. Without each other they look average at best with questions.

Devin
09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Come on Devin. If he was such a pathetic QB he wouldn't be in the NFL.

Im not saying hes pathetic at all.

feelthepain
09-16-2006, 12:13 AM

I'd take Batch over Losman.

feelthepain
09-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Logic says no Randy Moss = No Daunte stats. Without each other they look average at best with questions.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-16-2006, 12:25 AM

:rofl:

Drive 4 Five
09-16-2006, 12:25 AM
All I am going to say is I like our chances.

Devin
09-16-2006, 10:38 AM

I am sure you would. That actually doesnt surprise me at all.

justasportsfan
09-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Or Chris Carter choosing the fins and Prisco the jets.

ICE74129
09-16-2006, 11:27 AM

Yeah he is serious. The last 4 years he has ripped on us pretty bad. He tells it how it is.

Now in the 90's with Jimbo and co.....:bandwagon

!Papacrunk!
09-16-2006, 11:53 AM
I must get a different regional broadcast of Berman here in the midwest, because he's always favored the Bills when I've watched him. It's always a running joke during pregame shows when the other analysts act "surprised" when he picks the Bills. But I guess he has his moments when he picks against them to try to be fair and balanced. Cris Carter has said positive things w/ the Phins but he's picked against them as well.

mybills
09-16-2006, 11:59 AM

FYI
yup, 23-7 or something rediculous like that.

!Papacrunk!
09-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Well I imagine the ESPN loyalship to the Pats does come first in some instances, they do sign his paycheck, lol

Bling
09-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Or Chris Carter choosing the fins and Prisco the jets.

Exactly. I don't think we can take these guys (Berman, Carter and Prisco) seriously when they say anything about the AFC East. It's their team is going to win every week, and the other AFCE teams are going to lose every week.

Bling
09-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Yeah he is serious. The last 4 years he has ripped on us pretty bad. He tells it how it is.

Now in the 90's with Jimbo and co.....:bandwagon

LOL... For the last 4 years, the Bills have managed to be 8-0 in his book vs. the Dolphins. Eck...

justasportsfan
09-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Of course. You'd pick AJ Feeleey over Losman. :snicker:

Bling
09-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Of course. You'd pick AJ Feeleey over Losman. :snicker:

Last year I would say the same thing. But Losman really showed signs of maturity vs. the Pats.

RedEyE
09-16-2006, 12:39 PM

:rofl:

ParanoidAndroid
09-16-2006, 02:18 PM
I think you are wrong here big time skooby.

What you don't realize is Batch is an above average QB, not by much but he is. And to have the tools such as Miller, Ward, and parker around him, makes him even better then he is. Batch is in the NFL for a reason, he isn't a scum QB that people can just walk on.

I think you are going to be in for a big surprise this week Skoob.

Not to mention that Pittsburgh has one of the best O-lines in the league.