Can we follow the Parcells model with Drew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alluro
    You Don't Stand a Chance !
    • Jul 2002

Can we follow the Parcells model with Drew?

in 1994, parcells took a rookie bledsoe into the playoffs after Drew had thrown 691 TIMES..That Patriots team had Marion Butts at running back with Vincent Brisby and Troy Brown at wideout. of course, ben coates had 96 catches that year but still..should the game plan this year be to Throw, Throw, Throw ? that patriots team finished 10-6, i would be extremely pleased if the Bills could duplicate the same record
  • JefftheBillsfan
    • Jul 2002

i think our running game will do better than everyone thinks. look how henry did last year...and in the scrimmage...not based on 1 pre-season game where everyone was playing in a diff. position in front of him. i think we will have good balance.
    Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Jaded 7
      Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
      • Jul 2002

But so you think Gregg Williams is the kind of coach that can bring that kind of play out in Drew?

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
      Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
      The only answer I found for all this hurt
      Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Alluro
        You Don't Stand a Chance !
        • Jul 2002

Greg Williams is a defense oriented coach as was parcells, but has already been quoted as saying things like "we're not going to take the ball out of number 11's hands very often." The Bills should air it out this year!

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

I think its more in Gilbride's hands than Williams'
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

I agree casdhf, I don't think GW will really have a whole bunch of say about the offense this year. I think his responsibility is pretty much to say, "That's a good idea Kevin."

Comment

• Bufftp
              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Gilbride is the man who will run the offense, and from what it looks like he and DB are on the same page.
              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
              to be led by permanent ideals -
              that is what keeps a man patient
              when the world ignores him,
              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

Working...
              X