PDA

View Full Version : Bills Zone Original: "As I See It:" Bills-Miami Preview

LifetimeBillsFan
09-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Since nbf did not post my preview article for this week's game here yet, I thought that I would. This year the previews will have a slightly different format, with the "Things To Watch For" section from last year being posted as a separate article under their own "Master Plan" title.

I would really appreciate any feedback, comments, thoughts or criticisms that you might have about anything in the article or that you think should have been in the article. Just keep in mind that it was written on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Your feedback is important to help me make my articles for the Zone better, so, even if you don't like what I've written, please let me know what you think. OK? Thanks!!!

AS I SEE IT: THE BUFFALO BILLS VS THE MIAMI DOLPHINS-GAME 2
by Neil Masters

The Buffalo Bills will seek to rebound from their frustrating season opening loss to the Patriots when they go on the road for a second consecutive week to face their arch-rivals, the Miami Dolphins, on Sunday at 1 pm in a AFC East division game.

Both teams suffered disappointing fourth quarter losses on the road last week to teams that are favored to make it to the playoffs with the Bills falling to the defending AFC East champs the New England Patriots 19-17 after jumping out to a 17-7 halftime lead and Miami losing to last year’s Super Bowl winners, the Pittsburgh Steelers, 28-17 after taking a 17-14 lead into the final quarter.

As difficult as the defeat was for Head Coach Dick Jauron’s rebuilding Bills, the fact that they were able to play as well as they did on the road against a team that has won 3 Super Bowls and 5 division crowns in the last five years and had their opportunities to win the game, has to be a confidence-builder for the team and has given hope to many of their fans. Conversely, the loss that Miami suffered a week ago Thursday to a Pittsburgh team that was without it's starting quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, in which new Miami QB Daunte Culpepper threw two crucial fourth quarter interceptions, has made this home game against the Bills an almost “must-win” game for Miami Head Coach Nick Saban’s Dolphins who have high post-season expectations and some observers have made a chic pick to make it to the Super Bowl...."

To read the rest of the article:
http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2006/09/15/as_i_see_it_the_buffalo_bills_vs_the_miami_dolphinsagame_2.php (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2006/09/15/as_i_see_it_the_buffalo_bills_vs_the_miami_dolphinsagame_2.php)

YardRat
09-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Nice article LBF.

My biggest concern for this week is how the offense operates after the first quarter or first half. Last year the team seemed to be able to move the ball and score early, then struggle for the rest of the game. It's a trend that continued against the Pats last week.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Good point, thanks YR!

That's definitely a concern and something that I want to watch for and may make more of a point of emphasis in the future depending on what happens this week.

The reason I didn't make it an issue this week was because of the penalty on Royal on the pass to Price that would have given the team a first down. Without that penalty, which I felt was a marginal call, it's hard to say what that drive might have amounted to and considering that the Bills did move the ball on the third quarter drive that ended with Willis not making the 4th and 1 the offense looked to be able to move the ball on 2 of their 4 second half possessions. Because they didn't have the ball much, I felt it was hard to make a judgement based on just that one game--but if the trend continues, no doubt, you are right in saying that it should be a point to bring out and emphasize. Thanks for bringing this up!!!