PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush

Devin
09-15-2006, 11:36 PM
What does everyone think will happen with the case? Guilty or not?

Its a shame now the stigma that surrounds athletes, particularly 1st rounders and the almost foregone conclusion they accepted gifts on some level while in college.

Yahoo! certainly has the goods on Bush. The reporters who did the work turned up more documentation of their claims than you'll find at a congressional hearing. USC will have to answer for that, I imagine. But the Heisman was won on the field, where Bush proved a worthy successor to Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett, Doug Flutie and Tim Brown — the guys who won before it became almost exclusively about numbers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-bush_timeline&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

the above timeline paints a pretty grimm picture. I dont know whats true or isnt but if it is true its an absolute shame his parents took such advantage of his physical gifts, they of all people should have known better.

I wonder how deep all this goes and what will happen to USC.

Ebenezer
09-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Years ago on the SportsReporters somebody (may have been Mitch Albom) said the NCAA will prove it is serious about going after offending universities when it goes after the USCs and the Notre Dames. Until then all the investigations are all window dressing. I would suspect that this goes very deep. However, I think that stream will be mighty narrow. The NCAA doesn't have the guts to take away national titles and Heismanns.

Devin
09-15-2006, 11:40 PM
You can bet if this is proven true there will be even more pressure on NCAA/USC then on Bush to "make it right".

L.A. Playa
09-16-2006, 12:26 AM
its a witch hunt Devin, its really all BS Yahoo is trying to make a name for itself by taking down a guy who not only is a star on the field but a good guy off the field.

Bush will be cleared of all of this and so will USC, its a shame that the media today has to try to defame one of the good guys who have come out

L.A. Playa
09-16-2006, 12:29 AM
the NCAA is a joke anyway they made Dwayne Jarrett pay Matt Lienharts dad $5000 for being Matts roomate last year because Matts dad paid the rent

I am sure that Yahoo could have done their "investigation" against any major college player and found improprieties they just decided to choose to go after Reggie for some reason

DraftBoy
09-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Same as the Chris Webber situation years and years ago, Bush gets a slap on the wrist USC could get crippled with scholarship's lost.

!Papacrunk!
09-16-2006, 12:11 PM
On an unrelated note, I asked a buddy of mine who I should start, Frank Gore or Reggie Bush, not getting the obvious connection. Even though Gore got me a lot of points last week, I'm hoping Bush won't let me down against the Packers D.

Devin
09-16-2006, 12:17 PM
I am starting him as well. He and Edge will be running the ball for em this week.

mybills
09-16-2006, 12:54 PM
The NCAA doesn't have the guts to take away national titles and Heismanns.
I hope not.

ICE74129
09-16-2006, 02:12 PM
What does everyone think will happen with the case? Guilty or not?

Its a shame now the stigma that surrounds athletes, particularly 1st rounders and the almost foregone conclusion they accepted gifts on some level while in college.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-bush_timeline&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

the above timeline paints a pretty grimm picture. I dont know whats true or isnt but if it is true its an absolute shame his parents took such advantage of his physical gifts, they of all people should have known better.

I wonder how deep all this goes and what will happen to USC.

the kid is guilty but so are many. The bad thing for him there is a legit paper trail and he / USC are going to be nailed for it

juice
09-16-2006, 02:40 PM
He's being Extorted... Bush fell for the Ole` Okie-Doke.

It doesn't much matter, he'll sell out the SuperDome and after the Saints beat the Packers this week they'll be the hottest 2-0 team in the League and that Sept. 25 matchup against Vick and the Falcs will be the hottest ticket to get in the League.. Vick and Bush on the same turf will result in alot of SC Plays of the week.

I'm searching for my ticket now.

Billzz
09-16-2006, 05:16 PM
There are sooooooooooooo many players working for companies getting paid that never show up for work. Leave the kid alone and let him take care of his family like we all wish we could. Jerk off Yahoo needs to find something better to do.

Hell there is a player at a college who has his little brother living with him because their dad is non-existent and the mom is a crack ho. They cannot give him financial support because the NCAA rules. They are trying to get it overturned, but the guy is raising his brother, going to college and playing football. They mentioned about teammates picking him up after school and helping out. Why dosen't Yahoo talk about that and try being productive instead of busting Bush's balls?

Ebenezer
09-16-2006, 05:25 PM
let's be truthful. all of this crap will continue until the NCAA gets serious and only allows "real" college students to play sports...EVERY student wanting to go to college should meet the standards the school has set for entry...and those standards should be high. You should have to average (pick a number) or else you don't get into school. You should be going to class and doing well or you don't play. I have at least three athletes in one of my classes this semester. They have shown up to every class and are doing well. Major universities USE these kids for no other reason than the money the sport brings to the schools.