PDA

View Full Version : Bills Zone Original: "Master Plan: Bills vs Dolphins"

LifetimeBillsFan
09-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Since nbf didn't have a chance to post this on the messageboard yet, I thought that I would. Last season I included a list of ten "Things To Watch For" in my preview articles. This year that list of what I think may be keys to the game for the Bills will be presented in a separate series of articles that nbf has flatteringly given the title "Master Plan".

It is my hope that these articles will give Bills fans a list of things to look for during the course of the game that could make the difference between victory and defeat for the team. But, that's not always an easy thing to do and I would really appreciate your feedback--any thoughts, ideas or suggestions that you think would help, including criticisms--to make these articles better. I believe BZ posters are some of the most knowledgeable fans about the team and I hope that you will help me to make these articles the best that they can be. So, please post your comments and criticisms! I would be grateful for any thoughts that you might offer. Thanks!!!

Master Plan: Bills vs Dolphins
by Neil Masters

1.) Can the Bills offensive line control the line of scrimmage?: When the Bills offensive line gave Willis McGahee and Anthony Thomas running room and protected JP Losman in the first half of last week’s game, the Bills were in control of the game. When they stopped opening holes for the running game and allowed the Patriots to pressure JP Losman, the game turned. It’s going to be hot in Miami and the Bills must be able to run the ball effectively against a tough Miami defense to keep their defense off the field. The offensive line must give the Bills running game a chance to control the ball and JP Losman and his receivers time to throw the ball deep against a vulnerable Miami secondary. This is a must and likely the key to the outcome of the game for Buffalo.

2.) Will the Bills be able to limit the number of mistakes and penalties that they commit?: The Bills committed three critical penalties in the 4th Quarter against the Pats that prevented them from having an opportunity to take the lead late in the game. They muffed a punt and allowed a safety and two other sacks. They missed tackles all over the field. Those are the kinds of mistakes and penalties that a young team cannot afford to commit when they are playing on the road against a good football team. The Bills must find a way to limit their penalties and avoid making mistakes at critical times in the game if they are going to have a chance to win this game. It’s that simple, but it is what makes the difference being able to win on the road and losing......

To read the rest of the article:
http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2006/09/15/master_plan_bills_vs_dolphins.php