PDA

View Full Version : NATE CLEMENTS trade

Marvelous
09-16-2006, 02:44 AM
Why on earth did Marv or staff promise not to tag him>? Just to avoid him holding out? Nate is the mostvaluable DCB in the league come seasons end(barring injury) EASILY worth a early 1st. and it's looking like he just walks... I hope to god that Marv says screw it tags him.. Not like he will be staying & willing to play for the tag since the promise was public..yadda yadda yadda.. But what are you guys oppinions on resigning him,,tag & trade or let him walk??

Me, i want him to resign.. He's easily the best CB we've ever had.. Sure he makes mistakes but who doesn't..

-Next years draft we could really use a extra 1st to solidify(sp) our youth movement. And imo our rebuild will make a major stride.. Esp to keep up with NE now having a extra 1st..Sucks cause they WILL make something outta that pick...

Play hardball Marv!!!

thoughts?

Ebenezer
09-16-2006, 02:54 AM
thoughts?

yeah...come up with a better title for your thread....it is misleading...

other than that...let's play out the year and see what happens...I would like to see NC stay here but he isn't as great as everybody thinks...he is not a "shut-down" corner. Last year proved that.

Jan Reimers
09-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Nate is far from the best corner in the league, and definitely not the best in Bills' history. In fact, he gets beaten often and has a gift for making the most inane fouls at the worst possible time. We will not pay him anywhere near what he will want, because he is not worth it.

We drafted Youboty for a very good reason - Nate will be gone next year.

BILLSROCK1212
09-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Nate is far from the best corner in the league, and definitely not the best in Bills' history. In fact, he gets beaten often and has a gift for making the most inane fouls at the worst possible time. We will not pay him anywhere near what he will want, because he is not worth it.

We drafted Youboty for a very good reason - Nate will be gone next year.
youboty does not have the talent to be a starting CB i say we trade him if our season is pretty much over by the trading deadline if not we will probably let him walk but i hope Marv does what is best for the orginization and tags him and trades him for a 1st rounder

The_Philster
09-16-2006, 08:10 AM
youboty does not have the talent to be a starting CB He hasn't even played in a game yet...how can you say that? :huh:
He's a Buckeye...which is a good sign for him

Meathead
09-16-2006, 08:19 AM
of all the moves marv and co have made the promise to clements is the only place i think they made a mistake

why in the world would you establish that precident. now every other franchise candidate will be expecting to discuss that kind of promise

and what if the bills change their minds on clements? then they would have to risk their credibility, which could be catastrophic when they are the ones claiming to build an organization of character

you franchise a guy and say if you dont like it sign the offer, otherwise :stfu: and play rich boy

patmoran2006
09-16-2006, 08:39 AM
He hasn't even played in a game yet...how can you say that? :huh:
He's a Buckeye...which is a good sign for him
I don't agree with you often, but you're right on the mark here. Absolutely right.

ICE74129
09-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Nate isn't even the Best Nate we have had a CB. Screw the clown, trade him

Jan Reimers
09-16-2006, 08:45 AM
He hasn't even played in a game yet...how can you say that? :huh:
Like some others here, he's omniscient.

HHURRICANE
09-16-2006, 08:54 AM
As I said there was no way we were going to cut Vincent!! You don't cut the NFLPA President. So Marv get's a pass on that one. However, Clements is a whole other issue. When you are guaranteed a player, draft pick, or whatever by franchising that player, you are giving up way too much to be a nice guy.

"The Bills will continue to work with Clements on trying to secure a long term contract agreement through the spring and summer. However, it's presumed the Bills would like to get a long term deal completed before July 15.

After that date if Buffalo and Clements were to agree to a long term contract, the franchise tag would remain with the cornerback for the length of his deal. That would prevent the Bills from using the franchise tag on any other player while Clements remained with the club."

We can't sign him long term so he's gone and we get nothing?!! This is ridiculous and crazy!!

patmoran2006
09-16-2006, 09:14 AM
nate is doing NOTHING more this year than auditioning for other clubs to determine his worth.

He's GONE after this year.

Good.. The way I see it, his $7million plus should buy us one hell of an impact DE to line up on the other side of Schobel next year.... Then if McCargo, Tripplett and K. Williams continue to develop, we could have one hell of a front four.

SABURZFAN
09-16-2006, 09:56 AM
he's REALLY not as good as you think he is.he's as good as gone.look for us to draft another CB in the 2007 NFL Draft.

OpIv37
09-16-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm no fan of Nate- he's not a bad corner, he's just not worth his salary.

That being said, I'll be disappointed if we lose him without some kind of compensation because he's valuable around the league.

!Papacrunk!
09-16-2006, 12:05 PM
I would imagine Clements is a HUUUUUGE Jay Fiedler fan.

Marvelous
09-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Clements has more value then he's getting credit for..
-He may no be sauper shutdown but he is a shutdown corner even if it's not top5 etc.. He's a showbiz player with the ball in his hands.(PR's) and he's the best tackling CB ive seen Even more so then Winfield.. That's IMO though.. Bottom line is i want compensation if he leaves....That's all.....

Slim
09-16-2006, 06:13 PM
I would imagine Clements is a HUUUUUGE Jay Fiedler fan.

lol, he used to tear him up