PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey: Beat the City of Buffalo

Bill Brasky
09-16-2006, 10:48 AM
The Buffalo Bills renew acquaintances this Sunday with former coach Mike Mularkey, who is now the offensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins.

Mularkey is not speaking publicly about facing the Buffalo Bills this Sunday. As a Dolphins' rule, assistant coaches are not made available for the media. But one of Coach Mularkey's new players, receiver Chris Chambers, says the former Bills' coach told them, "if you beat the Buffalo Bills, you beat the whole city."

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=41191

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2006, 10:55 AM
I saw that as I was looking for Sabres uniforms news and I read it too.
I can't wait to see the double reverse flea flicker.

ICE74129
09-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Two things...

1) the fans were wrong and out of hand to give his wife and kids ****. Thats wrong.

2) MM is a puss. Man up and face the critics and put a WINNING Football team on the field. had he done that most would have shut up. Instead he wimped out and took a OC job.

SABURZFAN
09-16-2006, 11:26 AM
well...we know how he earned his last name now,don't we?

justasportsfan
09-16-2006, 11:29 AM
he's right though. The bills are the talk of the town. Every monday when people get together for coffee at work , the bills are what people talk about .

What Mularkey simply said is that the city and it's people are very passionate about their team. Chambers doesn't understand that because he himself (or was it Randy McMIke) said that finfans are one of the most fickle minded fans. Even Webb admitted on NFLN that the fins are the most fairweathered fans.

IMo, it's more of a compliment than a bash.

Tatonka
09-16-2006, 11:51 AM
here is the email i sent to the dolfish.

"Hey Mike,

Your comments about beating the Buffalo Bills = beating the whole city.. there is nothing you or your team could do to = the damage you caused by the "coaching" you did in your last year here, or the way you left the team because you were too much of a coward to do the job you signed up to do. Your buddy got fired because he did an awful job as a GM, and you walked because you were scared.

If the offense you run resembles you at all, then they are just a bunch of girls with some trick plays in their purse.

Glad your gone.

Jeremy Ford

!Papacrunk!
09-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Well maybe Losman was trying to be PC, but this was a decent quote by him:

''I have nothing but good things to say about him,'' Losman said. ``When I see him, it's going to be nothing but handshakes and a hug. It's too bad things didn't work out here for us. He did draft me in the first round and showed a lot of signs of belief in me. I wanted to be that good player for him. It just didn't work out here.''

Tatonka
09-16-2006, 12:40 PM
losman was just being nice.. anything else would come off as sour grapes.

justasportsfan
09-16-2006, 12:41 PM
The City of Buffalo is behind it's team while the city of Miami is behind Gloria Estefan. Nuff said.

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Well maybe Losman was trying to be PC, but this was a decent quote by him:

Is he talking about MM or TD?

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2006, 12:49 PM
The City of Buffalo is behind it's team while the city of Miami is behind Gloria Estefan. Nuff said.

:rofl:

"Come shake your body make you do that Conga..."

!Papacrunk!
09-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Well I guess it's a good thing that the Dolphins have fans across the states and across the world as well to support them then. Gloria Estefan? Lol, Justa that was just plain cold and low.

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Well I guess it's a good thing that the Dolphins have fans across the states and across the world as well to support them then. Gloria Estefan? Lol, Justa that was just plain cold and low.

She used to be HOT though.

!Papacrunk!
09-16-2006, 12:57 PM

Key words would be used to be, lol. Plus the music was, um, muy malo.:respect:

justasportsfan
09-16-2006, 01:04 PM
I was justaplayin papa. No way the fan base of buffalo can compete against the fins in terms of numbers.

Passion, we're up there with the rest of the teams like Greenbay. I was merely speaking in terms of city support. Miami is down there with the raiders :D

feelthepain
09-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Two things...

1) the fans were wrong and out of hand to give his wife and kids ****. Thats wrong.

2) MM is a puss. Man up and face the critics and put a WINNING Football team on the field. had he done that most would have shut up. Instead he wimped out and took a OC job.

1) I agree.

2) Mike Mularkey wasn't the GM, that was TD's job and that explains why TD was fired and Mike Mularkey wasn't. Mike Mularkey quit because he had no contol over anything, so if you're not given control of your destiny, why stay and take the blame???

ublinkwescore
09-16-2006, 01:11 PM

She really never did anything for me.

ublinkwescore
09-16-2006, 01:15 PM
I was justaplayin papa. No way the fan base of buffalo can compete against the fins in terms of numbers.

Passion, we're up there with the rest of the teams like Greenbay. I was merely speaking in terms of city support. Miami is down there with the raiders :D

It might help if Raiders fans weren't such morons.

They might actually sell some home games out if people weren't worried about getting beverage cups thrown at them from above, or getting beat up before, during or after the games. It's partially the faults of the fans - security in these stadiums is pretty weak. I saw at least two fights after watching them play the Broncos back in the 1995-1996 season while me and my entourage were leaving - there were both Broncos and Raiders fans in that fight. I don't feel sorry for the raiders - some of their problems are self-inflicted.

!Papacrunk!
09-16-2006, 01:43 PM

As much as I dislike the team, I do have a lot of respect for the passion that Bills fans have for their franchise. A lot of it comes straight for the heart, and as much as one can hate the team, you have to give it up for that dedication. :respect:

Wait, this is too much niceties, there's a rival game tomorrow, lol

ParanoidAndroid
09-16-2006, 01:52 PM
I think the comment refered to how fixated we are on our pro sports teams here and how dedicated we are as fans. I really don't think Mike Mularkey is out to get an entire city because of the actions of a few. He's not that ignorant. He can't handle a head coach job, but he's not stupid.

Meathead
09-16-2006, 03:13 PM
the problem isnt what they report mike said the problem is the response

if the bills lose everybody here feels it but if the fish lose most of the city is like eh. so thats a compliment

but somebody who states they want to not just win the game against their opponents but they want to beat the whole city, thats smack talk against the fans - from a player!

kinda pissed me off actually

i really wanted them to beat the pats and was feeling kind of a let down against the fish

not any more

grrr

X-Era
09-16-2006, 03:34 PM
The Buffalo Bills renew acquaintances this Sunday with former coach Mike Mularkey, who is now the offensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins.

Mularkey is not speaking publicly about facing the Buffalo Bills this Sunday. As a Dolphins' rule, assistant coaches are not made available for the media. But one of Coach Mularkey's new players, receiver Chris Chambers, says the former Bills' coach told them, "if you beat the Buffalo Bills, you beat the whole city."

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=41191 Why am I picturing NYC people throwing rocks at the green goblin in Spider Man? Something like, "you mess with one of us you mess with ALL of us".

Billzz
09-16-2006, 05:05 PM

You underestimate the # of Bills fans across the nation. I know here in Florida we have bars for Buffalo only fans + the number of plates on cars. Most of them are the mirror finish with the Buffalo symbol on it.

Games I have been to at Pro Player stadium you will see ALOT of bills fans. Mostly McGahee jerserys but still alot of fans.

Simply put alot of people leave N.Y. because the area can not support the life style they choose to live $$$$$ wise but our heart is still in B-Lo.

jmb1099
09-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Well if beating the bills means beating the whole city then we should all get on the field and beat the piss out of the fins