PDA

View Full Version : "Expert" Picks

RedEyE
09-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Looks like none of the "experts" think the Bills have a chance this weekend.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

This is the perfect setting for the upset of the week.

mybills
09-16-2006, 12:32 PM
I will be sure to lmao if Buffalo, Oakland, Cleveland, GB, Houston, SF, Arizona, KC, Tenn & Jets win.

Bling
09-16-2006, 12:32 PM
It's either going to be a Miami blowout like the experts predict, or a Buffalo upset. We'll see Sunday.

justasportsfan
09-16-2006, 12:33 PM
nobody on Inside the NFL picked the bills either. We're playing at Miami, no surprise.

Bling
09-16-2006, 12:33 PM
I will be sure to lmao if Buffalo, Oakland, Cleveland, GB, Houston, SF, Arizona, KC, Tenn & Jets win.

and Detriot. They were Schlereth away from being a clean sweep by the overrated Bears.

Bling
09-16-2006, 12:35 PM
nobody on Inside the NFL picked the bills either. We're playing at Miami, no surprise.

I still think the game for the Bills lays in Losman's hands. If he can get that connection to Lee Evans down again, especially with Daniels questionable, OH
NOES!!!

Course on the other side of the ball, Buffalo's going to have to stop Brown, and force Culpepper to beat them. So far it looks like Culpepper is a little rattled, but imo, he's better than Frerotte.

justasportsfan
09-16-2006, 12:39 PM
I still think the game for the Bills lays in Losman's hands. If he can get that connection to Lee Evans down again, especially with Daniels questionable, OH
NOES!!!

Course on the other side of the ball, Buffalo's going to have to stop Brown, and force Culpepper to beat them. So far it looks like Culpepper is a little rattled, but imo, he's better than Frerotte.

It's on Willis' hands IMO. If he can run successfully it puts less pressure on JP opens up the pass. The fins may have to stack up the line and that's when JP and Evans can rip apart your db's. Without a run game, it'll be hard.

mybills
09-16-2006, 12:43 PM
and Detriot. They were Schlereth away from being a clean sweep by the overrated Bears.
I only took the ones that were unanimous across the board. Schlereth picked the Lions, and screwed it up. :snicker:

!Papacrunk!
09-16-2006, 12:47 PM
I also think Miami's D can't beat themselves, if they can communicate and not blow coverages, they can focus on implementing the defense/will like it's intended to in their 3-4/4-3 hybrid. Call me a homer, but I believe the secondary has more upside than some peeps give them credit, it's just getting down the complex defense is currently the enemy for the new faces in the secondary. I do agree w/ Justa, the Bills momentum will be on Willis to set the tone. I think Willis will be a bit more dangerous this year then in past, since Fairchild is trying to utilize a leaner McGahee in different ways for some positive results. We first have to control the edges and force him to get his yards through the middle and hopefully shut him down from there. We'll also have to be wary of the plays Losman makes on his feet as well.

mybills
09-16-2006, 12:48 PM
It's on Willis' hands IMO. If he can run successfully it puts less pressure on JP opens up the pass. The fins may have to stack up the line and that's when JP and Evans can rip apart your db's. Without a run game, it'll be hard.
Does NE's DL suck that bad, or did we open some holes for Willis?
Does their OL suck that bad, or was Brady taking too long?
Are the Fin's lines better than NE's?
These are things I keep thinking about. :idunno:

RedEyE
09-16-2006, 12:54 PM
I also think Miami's D can't beat themselves, if they can communicate and not blow coverages, they can focus on implementing the defense/will like it's intended to in their 3-4/4-3 hybrid. Call me a homer, but I believe the secondary has more upside than some peeps give them credit, it's just getting down the complex defense is currently the enemy for the new faces in the secondary. I do agree w/ Justa, the Bills momentum will be on Willis to set the tone. I think Willis will be a bit more dangerous this year then in past, since Fairchild is trying to utilize a leaner McGahee in different ways for some positive results. We first have to control the edges and force him to get his yards through the middle and hopefully shut him down from there. We'll also have to be wary of the plays Losman makes on his feet as well.

Hey, PC. You PUMPED!!!!??

I'm psyched to watch these two teams go head to head once again. Regardless the outcome, Fish Week is one of the most exciting weeks in Bills football.

!Papacrunk!
09-16-2006, 12:54 PM
I don't have answers to the above questions, but I know it may not be the same situation the other year when Milloy got booted and the Bills steamrolled a bewildered Patriots, but I'm sure the Branch situation affected Brady to an extent. It will be interesting to see what Patriots team shows up this week, to see if the Pats are truly a team at 100%

feelthepain
09-16-2006, 12:57 PM

It's called the first game of the year. Teams haven't played a full game in months, routines have to be re-defined, habits have to be re-established. It usually takes till the fifth week of the season for teams to start to seperate and define some kinda order.Week one is no idication of who's good and who's not.

0-FOR-4
09-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Looks like none of the "experts" think the Bills have a chance this weekend.

News flash... You don't have to be an expert to figure that one out!

!Papacrunk!
09-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Hey, PC. You PUMPED!!!!??

I'm psyched to watch these two teams go head to head once again. Regardless the outcome, Fish Week is one of the most exciting weeks in Bills football.
Oh I'm really pumped. Want to know how utterly pathetic I am? There's a 1000% chance of me getting laid tonight (and it's been a while,) but I still have the game on my mind. I REALLY NEED TO FOCUS AND REORGANIZE MY PRIORITES, lol. Jeez.

RedEyE
09-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Oh I'm really pumped. Want to know how utterly pathetic I am? There's a 1000% chance of me getting laid tonight (and it's been a while,) but I still have the game on my mind. I REALLY NEED TO FOCUS AND REORGANIZE MY PRIORITES, lol. Jeez.

:rofl:

Put one through the uprights for me.

justasportsfan
09-16-2006, 01:10 PM
can't answer that after only one game. The bills aren't exactly a team that you can use as a measuring stick. A lot os unknowns when it comes to all the teams you mentioned. Are the Pats weaker without Branch or are the bills better than most people thought :idunno:

Even the pitts and fins game left a lot of questions. Is Pitts weaker without Ben,Randal El and bettis or are the fins better ? :idunno:

we should get a better glimpse after this weekend.

mybills
09-16-2006, 01:11 PM
It's called the first game of the year. Teams haven't played a full game in months, routines have to be re-defined, habits have to be re-established. It usually takes till the fifth week of the season for teams to start to seperate and define some kinda order.Week one is no idication of who's good and who's not.
My point exactly.
Of course you can't tell this early, so how would the experts know? How can a Fin fan say they will kill the Bills (and list reasons)? Same with Bills fans. I feel it will be a close game, not a sure thing one way or the other, like some people seem to think.

:gobills:

justasportsfan
09-16-2006, 01:12 PM
haha! If you think you are going to peak too soon, think of the game to last longer . :snicker:

feelthepain
09-16-2006, 01:16 PM
My point exactly.
Of course you can't tell this early, so how would the experts know? How can a Fin fan say they will kill the Bills (and list reasons)? Same with Bills fans. I feel it will be a close game, not a sure thing one way or the other, like some people seem to think.

:gobills:

The fins are further along in the rebuild process, the experts have to make a choice. Since the game is in Miami and Miami has the more experienced QB who does have three probowl apperances under his belt and the other QB has never even thrown for 300 yards in a game, it's not rocket science. You take the odds.

ublinkwescore
09-16-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm gonna print out the expert picks as far as Buffalo goes, and if we beat them, I'm gonna take it to school and show everyone there that I talk football with something "BEAUTIFUL".