PDA

View Full Version : One Ticket Available for the Jets game

Ebenezer
09-16-2006, 05:43 PM
We have one remaining ticket available for the Jets home opener. It is available on a first come first serve basis. $57. PM me if you are interested.

northernbillfan
09-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Too many stuck threads right now eb

The_Philster
09-16-2006, 07:20 PM
ticket threads won't need to be stuck if they're in the swap zone ;)

OpIv37
09-16-2006, 09:57 PM
ticket threads won't need to be stuck if they're in the swap zone ;)

but if they're in the swap zone, no one will see them.

Marketing 101- people won't buy your product if it's not displayed prominently enough for them to know about it.

Ebenezer
09-16-2006, 10:19 PM

Marketing 101- people won't buy your product if it's not displayed prominently enough for them to know about it.
no chit.

The_Philster
09-17-2006, 04:21 AM

They're more likely to be seen at the top of the Swap Zone than they are 3 pages deep in the main forum...and what do you think we should do, make the entire first page of the main forum a bunch of stickied threads?

mybills
09-17-2006, 05:20 AM
Sell it to kini, I'll pick her up on the way! :D

Ebenezer
09-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Sell it to kini, I'll pick her up on the way! :D
it is hers if she wants it

Typ0
09-17-2006, 06:43 AM
I would love to go but I have made a commitment to not purchasing tickets, merchandise or television broadcasts that flow into the coffers of the NFL. The league has ruined the greatest game on earth and I'm not happy about it. Many, many fans know this yet they continue to support the league. You are all enablers. When people take a stance then something will be done.

Bufftp
09-17-2006, 07:46 AM
:roflmao:

Bufftp
09-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Also Kieth you should not watch the games.

Typ0
09-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Also Kieth you should not watch the games.

why should I not watch the games? I will watch the games that are free broadcast or on regular cable. No more Sunday ticket. No more being forced to absorb full price tickets for pre-season games. The playoffs last year were a joke...and watching some of the games last week was the final straw. Too many games are being decided by the refs. I don't expect them to be perfect...but they don't even call what they see. It's very clear to me the see some indication there might be a foul there...and if it suits the team they want to win they make a call. I'm tired of it and I'm not going to support those activities any more.

Bufftp
09-17-2006, 09:48 AM
why should I not watch the games? I will watch the games that are free broadcast or on regular cable. No more Sunday ticket. No more being forced to absorb full price tickets for pre-season games. The playoffs last year were a joke...and watching some of the games last week was the final straw. Too many games are being decided by the refs. I don't expect them to be perfect...but they don't even call what they see. It's very clear to me the see some indication there might be a foul there...and if it suits the team they want to win they make a call. I'm tired of it and I'm not going to support those activities any more.
Well Kieth if you are going boycott the NFL then don't watch the games. It may be free to you but Networks pray a pretty penny to air them, and advertisers pay the Networks. It is the single largest source of revenue for the NFL.

Typ0
09-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Well Kieth if you are going boycott the NFL then don't watch the games. It may be free to you but Networks pray a pretty penny to air them, and advertisers pay the Networks. It is the single largest source of revenue for the NFL.

I don't think that level of response is required though. If enough people do something that impacts their bottom line because of this they will certainly have a response to not continue to lose those revenues. The league needs to admit they have a problem in this area and take some corrective action. Instead, they spin it like they don't have a problem which I believe is insulting to all fans of the sport.

For example, they should have come out this week and apologized to the Giants and all their fans. There was a call made in that game that was the difference between the Giants winning and losing. There is no way the official saw pass interference, what he saw was the defender move away from the receiver in a way that looked like there was pass interference and offensive pass interference was called. He saw the indication of a foul but he didn't see the foul and he still made the call. This is at the very core of what the problem is with the officials.

The NFL needs to do the following:

1. admit this is a problem and take a stance with officials that they actually need to see the fouls in order to make a call.
2. add an official on the field for every game on the schedule.
3. have better training and mentoring of officials, which could include two months of workshops and officiating NFL Europe making them full time officials.
4. consider adding penalty calls to the review process. If a team feels they were called for a phantom penalty make the review officials queue it up and prove there was a penalty there. If this was the case, the Giants call would have been reversed and the Giants would have won the game.
5. stop it with the spin doctor crap. Any idiot can see Music City Miracle was a blown call. Possibly, it cost the Bills a trip to the superbowl. Heck, they even blew the review. Stop talking to us like morons who don't know anything and take some responsibility.
6. have a disciplinary/penalty system in place for offiials who do not follow the philosoply of "have to see a foul to make a call"...ie, the ones who call fouls that aren't there.
7. add more cameras. Why is it that the XFL could afford it but the NFL can't?
8. have the same amount of cameras in each stadium. It's a well known fact that featured games have more cameras and a more extensive behind the scenes broadcast crew. Well guess what, these games are being officiated differently than the others because of better camera angles on replays. In short, the Clevelend Browns games don't have the same officiating support that the NE Patriots have and this is perhaps the biggest injustice in the league.

It's a great game. Boycotting the league is not required. All that has to be done is something that impacts the corporate wallet of the NFL. Anything else will just be laughed at by the league but something that costs them $$$ will get them to listen and respond appropriately.

The_Philster
09-17-2006, 11:25 AM
5. stop it with the spin doctor crap. Any idiot can see Music City Miracle was a blown call. Possibly, it cost the Bills a trip to the superbowl. Heck, they even blew the review. Stop talking to us like morons who don't know anything and take some responsibility.That's the most homeristic statement I've seen ever and shows not only homerism but a total lack of knowledge of the review system.
First of all, let me say I think it was a bad call. The line judge that game, Byron Boston, was behind the play when it happened. It was a close call and his being out of position caused him to make that call. Had he been in position, he might very well have called it differently.
As far as the review, there has to be definitive proof that the call was bad in order to overturn it. There wasn't...the camera angles weren't good enough to offer definitive proof either way. Had Boston called it a lateral in the first place, it still couldn't have been overturned because of the camera angles. Luckett was a screwup on the coin toss (in 1998's Lions-Steelers game) and at various other times in his job as NFL referee..but on that call, he did his job properly....no matter how bad it sucked for us :ill:

The other 5 points you made, I agree with completely

northernbillfan
09-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Does this mean you aren't going to drink Bud or use Verizon wireless, or not support the United Way, or stop eating at McDonalds...

Typ0
09-17-2006, 01:07 PM
That's the most homeristic statement I've seen ever and shows not only homerism but a total lack of knowledge of the review system.
First of all, let me say I think it was a bad call. The line judge that game, Byron Boston, was behind the play when it happened. It was a close call and his being out of position caused him to make that call. Had he been in position, he might very well have called it differently.
As far as the review, there has to be definitive proof that the call was bad in order to overturn it. There wasn't...the camera angles weren't good enough to offer definitive proof either way. Had Boston called it a lateral in the first place, it still couldn't have been overturned because of the camera angles. Luckett was a screwup on the coin toss (in 1998's Lions-Steelers game) and at various other times in his job as NFL referee..but on that call, he did his job properly....no matter how bad it sucked for us :ill:

The other 5 points you made, I agree with completely

my comment here was not about the call Phil it was about the fact that the NFL takes no responsibliity. And it was a bad call and there was very clear review evidence that it was a bad call. Forget about camera angles and all that drivel. The fact is you can tell the ball is two yard markers forward when it was caught if you just look at the yard markers and forget about paralax error yada yada yada. It was a bad call. I'm over it. Didn't mean to bring it up here to be a "homer". Perhaps I should have used another example there certainly is enough of them.

Typ0
09-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Does this mean you aren't going to drink Bud or use Verizon wireless, or not support the United Way, or stop eating at McDonalds...

I already don't do any of those things. Occassionally I'll get an iced coffee at McDonalds but that's it.

The_Philster
09-17-2006, 01:22 PM
my comment here was not about the call Phil it was about the fact that the NFL takes no responsibliity. And it was a bad call and there was very clear review evidence that it was a bad call. Forget about camera angles and all that drivel. The fact is you can tell the ball is two yard markers forward when it was caught if you just look at the yard markers and forget about paralax error yada yada yada. It was a bad call. I'm over it. Didn't mean to bring it up here to be a "homer". Perhaps I should have used another example there certainly is enough of them.
the just give it to them play in New England...and the following play...pass interference called on Henry Jones on a Hail Mary pass...would've been better examples...and no...there was no clear cut evidence ...Luckett couldn't ahve overturned that call....no matter what the original call was

hammerbillsfan
09-17-2006, 01:29 PM
:offtopic: the last 11 posts.

northernbillfan
09-17-2006, 01:38 PM
I already don't do any of those things. Occassionally I'll get an iced coffee at McDonalds but that's it.
:bf1: I applaud you.

Typ0
09-17-2006, 01:49 PM
:offtopic: the last 11 posts.

this thread has served it's pupose and is dead. It is not being hijacked.

Ebenezer
09-17-2006, 01:57 PM
this thread has served it's pupose and is dead. It is not being hijacked.
not dead...I'll be bumping it for a week...

Typ0
09-17-2006, 02:04 PM
I thought you sold the ticket...

Ebenezer
09-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I thought you sold the ticket...
no...Shelby's tickets are sold...this one is still available. - but thanks for keeping the thread active :D

hammerbillsfan
09-17-2006, 02:26 PM
I know all. :snicker:

Typ0
09-17-2006, 02:43 PM
no...Shelby's tickets are sold...this one is still available. - but thanks for keeping the thread active :D

no problem.

HAMMER
09-18-2006, 01:02 PM
I love these guys that take a "stand". The only ones you impact are yourselves, the NFL will only get stronger. So sit home and scratch your nuts on the couch while another real fan can have your seat and scream for the home team. GO BILLS, stay home losers!

Typ0
09-18-2006, 01:57 PM
I love these guys that take a "stand". The only ones you impact are yourselves, the NFL will only get stronger. So sit home and scratch your nuts on the couch while another real fan can have your seat and scream for the home team. GO BILLS, stay home losers!

I guess the only real fans are the enablers...it's kind of like dropping off a 12 pack to an alcoholic awaiting a liver transplant.

Typ0
09-18-2006, 01:58 PM

you probably don't vote either because your vote doesn't count. Idiot.

Typ0
09-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Looks like the PAC10 is willing to do something...why not the NFL? Because they think the fans will absorb any mockery thats why.

Ebenezer
09-20-2006, 05:39 PM
back to the original topic...this ticket is still available!!