• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Can a team get screwed any worse?

OU just got ****ed on national television. Its too bad the pussys can't win the game on their own without help.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Can a team get screwed any worse?

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      I would say nice try but its way too weak. You aren't getting what you want, so save the time typing.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Oh cry me a river, just cause your D cant stop the Mighty Oregon Ducks for a whole minute and a half doesnt mean you got screwed...also how about you guys recruit a kicker who can get the ball above 7 feet off the ground.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Gotta agree with you on this one, ICE. I only caught the last 5 minutes of it, but that was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. I'm impartial to these two teams, being a 'cuse fan and all, and I almost feel bad for OU. I mean, for corn's sake, they even reviewed the onside kick and the tipped ball and still got it wrong.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

While the onside kick call was BS, the Sooners gave the game away. They had redemption when Oregon pulled a page from the Bills old ST playbook. At least there wasn't a throwback issue to investigate.

Nope, Sooners lost this one on their own.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Play like crap for 55 minutes- you deserve having the refs decide it.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by RedEyE
                While the onside kick call was BS, the Sooners gave the game away. They had redemption when Oregon pulled a page from the Bills old ST playbook. At least there wasn't a throwback issue to investigate.

Nope, Sooners lost this one on their own.
                I realize that the sooners played awful late in the game, i just don't think that they played bad enough to lose the game. If the onside kick call was bs then your post seems like it would be a moot point. Had they got that call right, the sooners would have knelt on the ball and went home with a W.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
                  I realize that the sooners played awful late in the game, i just don't think that they played bad enough to lose the game. If the onside kick call was bs then your post seems like it would be a moot point. Had they got that call right, the sooners would have knelt on the ball and went home with a W.
                  There's no contradiction there. The Sooners crumbled. They crumbled before the on-side kick and after. C'mon, 21 4th qrtr points. You have to play 4 qrtrs of football.

And besides, I believe if the replay had overuled the call on the field, they would have had to re-kick. Ducks get a 2nd shot at it.

Sooners played bad enough in the 4th qrtr and deserve to loose that football game.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Bottom line, the refs took the game from us. The onside was obviously touched by oregon at 9 yards. There was a tiped ball on the flag.

They got screwed and it was painfully obvious.

But I guess I can take solice that ND and 'Tha U' flat got their asses handed to them. Its one thing to get screwed, its another to get owned

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
                      There's no contradiction there. The Sooners crumbled. They crumbled before the on-side kick and after. C'mon, 21 4th qrtr points. You have to play 4 qrtrs of football.

And besides, I believe if the replay had overuled the call on the field, they would have had to re-kick. Ducks get a 2nd shot at it.

Sooners played bad enough in the 4th qrtr and deserve to loose that football game.
                      No the ball would be the sooners for illegal procedure. Game would be over at that point.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Bottom line, the refs took the game from us. The onside was obviously touched by oregon at 9 yards. There was a tiped ball on the flag.

They got screwed and it was painfully obvious.

But I guess I can take solice that ND and 'Tha U' flat got their asses handed to them. Its one thing to get screwed, its another to get owned

Go cry to someone who cares, ND got 'screwed' lat year in the USC game, but you dont see me whining about it last season. You guys lost because your defense is horrendous not because the ref missed a call.

But yes we got owned by Michigan. Disgusting game all around for the Irish, then again we are overrated at #2.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          No the ball would be the sooners for illegal procedure. Game would be over at that point.
                          I don't know about that ICE. The Ducks come up with the ball so where do you spot it?

I'm not claiming to have the rules memorized, but the logical thing to do at that point is to assess the penalty on the ducks and re-kick.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Go cry to someone who cares, ND got 'screwed' lat year in the USC game, but you dont see me whining about it last season. You guys lost because your defense is horrendous not because the ref missed a call.

But yes we got owned by Michigan. Disgusting game all around for the Irish, then again we are overrated at #2.
                            Last time I checked, we were winning the game and had the refs not screwed us, we take the ball, sit on it and win.

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy

Auburn is next. They held their own defensively, but were horrible on offense. I don't think they deserve the #2 seed (although they will get it this week).

Maybe UB can knock them off next week.... I crack myself up sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X