PDA

View Full Version : Losman

RedEyE
09-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Ok, so we've all accepted that Losman has the helm. With that being said, I have a few things that I would like to see from the kid this year in order to side with him for years to come. They are as follows:

1) At least one game in which he dominates through the air. I need to see at least one 300 yard passing game from JP this season.

2) 4 qrtrs of football. He now has 9 games under his belt and I can't think of one game in which he has been successful in the 2nd as he has in the 1st half.

3) Better decision making. I want to see improvements through the course of the year in his abilities to make better decisions on the field. A better feel of the play clock, and the ability to read the defense quickly enough that he can audible and catch the defense off balance.

4) I need him to have at least 1 game this season that he wins or comes close to winning with his arm. We don't need a superstar, but we need a QB that has the ability to take it the distance when the game is on the line.

YardRat
09-16-2006, 08:05 PM
2) 4 qrtrs of football. He now has 9 games under his belt and I can't think of one game in which he has been successful in the 2nd as he has in the 1st half.

That's what I'm looking for also. Needs to be the next step in his development.

ICE74129
09-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Ok, so we've all accepted that Losman has the helm. With that being said, I have a few things that I would like to see from the kid this year in order to side with him for years to come. They are as follows:

1) At least one game in which he dominates through the air. I need to see at least one 300 yard passing game from JP this season.

3) Better decision making. I want to see improvements through the course of the year in his abilities to make better decisions on the field. A better feel of the play clock, and the ability to read the defense quickly enough that he can audible and catch the defense off balance.

4) I need him to have at least 1 game this season that he wins or comes close to winning with his arm. We don't need a superstar, but we need a QB that has the ability to take it the distance when the game is on the line.

you will get all of the above when the line can block worth a damn. Until then, don't look for it to happen much

Risin
09-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Anybody upset with Losman so far, did you happen to see Brady Quinn today?

Imagine what he'd look like behind this offensive line.

Please quit the Brady Quinn at #1 talk.

(I'm a fan of Notre Dame)

ICE74129
09-16-2006, 08:27 PM

Hey Quinn is a GOOD QB. But he is way over hyped due to his HC. Some think he is going to be the next tom brady, so far he has as much a chance of becoming the next rick mayer

RedEyE
09-16-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm not at all upset with Losman. I want to see the kid progress.

OpIv37
09-16-2006, 09:08 PM

so far this season, he's had one good game, one bad game and one mediocre game. He still may be first pick material if he gets back to last year's form. He still has 9 games left, 10 if they make a bowl.

That being said, if the Bills do decide that Losman isn't the right QB, I'd rather see them trade or sign a FA who has experience rather than starting over developing a rookie QB, Quinn or otherwise.

Turf
09-16-2006, 09:13 PM

Excellent post, especially #1 and 2. At some point in time he needs to show he can throw a 300 yard+ game. He has to. He has to show something. Even bad QB's have fluke big games. Rookies have big games here and there.
Until he does I'm going to maintain we need a QB and HB, cause Willis isn't cutting it either for me.

feelthepain
09-16-2006, 10:16 PM
you will get all of the above when the line can block worth a damn. Until then, don't look for it to happen much

Gee, the same could have been said of Feeley!!

Goobylal
09-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Or Culpepper.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-17-2006, 04:43 AM
I agree with your list, but would like to add one thing to it:

What I would like to see and what I think JP needs to have at some point, hopefully this season, is a game that is close at the end where he takes the team, with the Bills behind on the scoreboard, and drives them down the field to a game-winning TD at the very end, with little time left on the clock.

IMHO, every good or great NFL QB has to show, fairly early on in his career, that he is able to take his team and move it to a decisive score in crunch time with the game on the line. I think it would give the team the confidence in JP Losman that it needs and give JP the boost in confidence that he needs to take his game to the next level. It would also get the attention of the media and get the naysayers off of his back, which would also be a plus for his confidence and the team's confidence.

If the circumstances dictate, I would love to see him be able to do that this week if necessary. To be able to do that on the road against a division opponent would just add to the value it would have.

mybills
09-17-2006, 05:28 AM

Didn't he have 4 games, then 8, then 1?

~CHIEF~
09-17-2006, 05:42 AM
This is what we need to see from jp
1. WIN!

Jan Reimers
09-17-2006, 06:33 AM
The thing is, JP IS progressing. He still has only 9 starts behind a below average O line, and usually with a spotty running attack. I am very happy with his progress, but also realize that he won't be able to post big stats or numbers of wins until we improve his protection and our ground attack.

This whole team is a work in progress, and JP is simply a part of it.

mush69
09-17-2006, 08:06 AM
I'm not at all upset with Losman. I want to see the kid progress.

I would too, in the NFLE!

I'm sorry but in no way shape or form is Losman going to be an NFL quarterback with a winning reputation. He has not taken care of his happy feet in the pocket, it just seems when ever I see him drop back, he is doing the cha cha. It really disturbs me.

Another thing I don't much care for is his tendency to really choke when we need a play. I mean it just never seems to happen, he can't read a defense to save his life.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him fail in this league!

:beers:

RedEyE
09-17-2006, 08:08 AM
I would too, in the NFLE!

I'm sorry but in no way shape or form is Losman going to be an NFL quarterback with a winning reputation. He has not taken care of his happy feet in the pocket, it just seems when ever I see him drop back, he is doing the cha cha. It really disturbs me.

Another thing I don't much care for is his tendency to really choke when we need a play. I mean it just never seems to happen, he can't read a defense to save his life.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him fail in this league!

....and here we have the President of the Bills Defeatist of America.

mush69
09-17-2006, 08:18 AM
:bravo:

No I do want to see him do well, but it just isn't going to happen soon.

Risin
09-17-2006, 08:37 AM
so far this season, he's had one good game, one bad game and one mediocre game. He still may be first pick material if he gets back to last year's form. He still has 9 games left, 10 if they make a bowl.

That being said, if the Bills do decide that Losman isn't the right QB, I'd rather see them trade or sign a FA who has experience rather than starting over developing a rookie QB, Quinn or otherwise.

Totally agree bud.

I'm still upset about that game yesterday.

:(

Goobylal
09-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Losman converted that 3rd down play to Price after the Brady INT, only to see a block in the back wipe-it-out and the Bills fail to convert the 3rd down with a running play. That play told me ALL I needed to know about JP and if not for the zebras saving the Pats, the Bills would have AT LEAST gotten into FG range and probably run the clock down and won.

What JP needs is the whole TEAM to play well. The ST's sucked, the defense couldn't stop the run, and the zebras were favoring the Pats the entire game.