PDA

View Full Version : Well the Falcons did it to me again...

RedEyE
09-17-2006, 06:43 AM
While the rest of the East coast enjoys the Bills vs Dolphins game at 1pm on CBS, the Falcons home sell out is being aired on FOX, immediatly eliminating the Bills game here in Atlanta. That has to be one of the most ******ed rules in football.

Instead CBS is showing 3 hours of Paid Programming. WTF?!

I have to get DirecTV back.

mybills
09-17-2006, 06:58 AM
I'm recording it on a VCR, if you want, I can send you the tape this week.

Mr. Miyagi
09-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Only if the Bills win, can I have one too?

I'm stuck with Indy/Houston I think, not that it'll be a bad game...

Anyway, at least I have the game live on Sirius!

RedEyE
09-17-2006, 07:42 AM

Thanks, but I should be able to catch it on the NFL network this week. I want to see the game live. I'm going to try and get Streamtvnow.com working today, and I always have Sirius radio.

lordofgun
09-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Woohoo! I get the game in HD today!

If anyone wants to come over, feel free.

BAM
09-17-2006, 07:51 AM
I hear you, Red. They are showing the Ravens game locally here.

You know, I don't understand why they have TWO channels of the same stupid games on. Two games showing the Ravens vs. Raiders and two showing the Eagles vs Giants.

Granted I go to the bar every week anyways, but I'd like to at least watch one game here at the apartment this year.

BlackMetalNinja
09-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Woohoo! I get the game in HD today!

If anyone wants to come over, feel free.

Me too!

G. Host
09-17-2006, 08:35 AM
I hear you, Red. They are showing the Ravens game locally here.

You know, I don't understand why they have TWO channels of the same stupid games on. Two games showing the Ravens vs. Raiders and two showing the Eagles vs Giants.

Granted I go to the bar every week anyways, but I'd like to at least watch one game here at the apartment this year.

Because you have DC and Baltimore stations and you do not expect the stations to show different games do you?

I'll be heading to my bar in2 hours as well.

shelby
09-17-2006, 08:44 AM
It's on down here!:bravo:
:beers:

Meathead
09-17-2006, 09:28 AM
:lolpoint: redeye

RedEyE
09-17-2006, 09:36 AM
:lolpoint: redeye

:rofl:

Bastard

Coach Sal
09-17-2006, 09:36 AM
While the rest of the East coast enjoys the Bills vs Dolphins game at 1pm on CBS, the Falcons home sell out is being aired on FOX, immediatly eliminating the Bills game here in Atlanta. That has to be one of the most ******ed rules in football.

I feel for you.

But it's an understandable rule. The NFL has to look out for its local network affiliates, and there's no way they can allow a competing game at the same time as the home team, because the affiliates couldn't sell ads for as much if their not the only game on at that time.

That's the solution. Why did you get rid of it?

RedEyE
09-17-2006, 09:43 AM
I feel for you.

But it's an understandable rule. The NFL has to look out for its local network affiliates, and there's no way they can allow a competing game at the same time as the home team, because the affiliates couldn't sell ads for as much if their not the only game on at that time.

:down:

That's the solution. Why did you get rid of it?

Cost. I have HD and the first year I got the TV the DirecTV receiver was $300+ USD. The NFL ticket was a bundle, and then you have to pay for the regular service fees...but at least the HD feeds were part of the the NFL ticket package.

Then the following year they tag on another 100 bucks for HD games. WTF?!

I dtopped them, dropped Earthlink, called up Comcast and now I have Digital cable and internet for less then when I just had DirecTV. Up to 6Mbps on dowloading is hard to pass up.

The baby keeps me at home these days so now going to the bar is not much of an option. I still can't front the cost for DTV, but I would spend some good money if Comcast offered pay per view NFL games.

Jersey1031
09-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Yess! I get the game too!

Kerr
09-17-2006, 10:19 AM

what happened to the stream?

BAM
09-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Because you have DC and Baltimore stations and you do not expect the stations to show different games do you?

I'll be heading to my bar in2 hours as well.

Actually one of my stations is based out of Harrisburg.

RedEyE
09-17-2006, 11:05 AM
what happened to the stream?

:dance:

I got it up and working now!

HHURRICANE
09-17-2006, 11:19 AM

Just came home to check. Going to Barnacles in Duluth!! They have like 900 TV's and they will this on the 122' foot one. Look for me!!!

HHURRICANE
09-17-2006, 11:21 AM
:dance:

I got it up and working now!

What did you get up and working?!! I hate going to the bar!!

shelby
09-17-2006, 11:30 AM
i made lasagna :hungry: and just cracked my first beer.
:gobills:

:squish:

RedEyE
09-17-2006, 11:47 AM
i made lasagna :hungry: and just cracked my first beer.
:gobills:

:squish:

I'm having one with you. Send some lasagna my way!

shelby
09-17-2006, 11:48 AM
:up:

hammerbillsfan
09-17-2006, 11:50 AM
:woot:

mybills
09-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Went to the beach/recorded it.

Still haven't watched it..need some z's right now. :drunks:

Who wants me to send it? Miyagi? Let me know by pm, and I'll Fed-Ex it.

If I send it to someone that I'll be seeing next weekend, just give it back to me then.