PDA

View Full Version : Very pleased with the game, only one concern...

BlackMetalNinja
09-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Definitely pleased with the effort the Bills put out there today, especially the Defense with 4 rookies starting. I thought they could win the game, didn't know if they would, but didn't expect them to basically dominate as they did.

My only concern is the approach the coaching staff is taking with Losman. All these short, quick hitting pass plays are about all they are letting him work with. Yes, they threw in a few deep attempts throughout the game, including the pass interference play that lead to the touchdown... But, eventually they have to let him go some and stop protecting him. It won't take long for other teams to catch on, and teams with better defenses than Miami's won't let Buffalo get away with it.

I know they're trying to help Losman evolve as a quarterback and play it safe at this point, but how long do you think they can let that go on?

HHURRICANE
09-17-2006, 03:50 PM
I totally disagree. They are keeping him from making game losing mistakes. Contrary to others, I thought our OL was terrible. JP made some tough passes with people in his face!! Jauron has done a materful job of coaching this kid. MASTERFUL.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-17-2006, 03:56 PM
The problem is, as you saw in the first half, that the Bills do not have a good enough offensive line to consistently protect JP Losman long enough to throw the ball deep a lot. They have to pick and choose their spots to throw the deep ball with the offensive line that they have. You're right, they do have to do it, but, at this point, they can only do it when the Bills are able to keep the opposition off-balance and their opponents aren't just teeing off with their pass-rush.

I think that the offensive line will improve as the season goes on and, as it does, I think you will see the Bills throwing the ball deep more. Especially as Lee Evans gets more used to seeing double-coverage as the Bills # 1 WR.

jmb1099
09-17-2006, 04:01 PM
I was pleased with the gameplan. We know Losman can air it out, the coaches know it, but why do it when not necessary. No, I say let your hand unfold slowly and add that dimension once we need to add it. Everyone thought we would try to exploit the secondary today, instead, Jauron exploited the Miami lines on both sides of the ball...brilliant.