PDA

View Full Version : Jauron

justasportsfan
09-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Can he play chess with BB and his minions or what?

He has the bills better prepared playing away games than Moolarkey had the team playing at home.

Now the fins' O looks like the way we did last year.
Culp has that :crazy: look that JP had last year.

That's how you prepare a young qb. Don't put the game on his hands. Baby steps.

Things are looking up from here on end. Damn, our rookies looked like they way BB prepared his rookies.

Luisito23
09-17-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm really impressed by his playcalling, and the way he has us prepared to play everyweek, although it's only 2 games he has really shown that he has the tools to be a great coach here in Buffalo....Can't wait for our home opener!!!.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
09-17-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm really impressed by his playcalling, and the way he has us prepared to play everyweek, although it's only 2 games he has really shown that he has the tools to be a great coach here in Buffalo....Can't wait for our home opener!!!.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!! I know the jury is still out. But he already looks better than Moolarkey has after just 2 games. :idunno:

Kerr
09-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Based on the the production so far he's gotten out of all the rookies, i'd say he's head and shoulders above moolarkey.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Jauron has his team prepared and ready to play on gameday. And, that's the most important job that a head coach has because, more often than not, the OC and DC are the ones who are making the vast majority of the play calls.

How many NFL teams can go on the road for the second game of the season as big underdogs against a division opponent with 4 rookie starters on defense and come away with a win? Especially after losing a heartbreaker on the road the week before. Not many. And, I think that you have to give Jauron and his coaching staff credit for that.

I don't know if he's a head coach who can take a team to a Super Bowl and win, but he certainly seems like a very good head coach for a young, rebuilding team with a lot to learn and not a lot experience or stars who have done a lot of winning. It will be interesting to see what Jauron and his staff are able to do with this team, not just this year, but over the next couple of years.

ICE74129
09-17-2006, 04:40 PM

He has the bills better prepared playing away games than Moolarkey had the team playing at home.

Things are looking up from here on end. Damn, our rookies looked like they way BB prepared his rookies.

Now finally some (not you) will get it through their heads, MM Screwed losman last year and the fact MM was so bad isn't an excuse...its just FACT.

The_Philster
09-17-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/customavatars/avatar2704_1.gif

C'mon...we all know this is what has happened since we hired Jauron :cynic:

:roflmao:

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2006, 05:22 PM
That the 3rd quarter was our best on offense is an indication of good halftime adjustments....finally.

DynaPaul
09-17-2006, 06:03 PM
I have to say that I really am impressed with Jauron and the entire staff that him and Levy have assembled. These guys got their **** together and even have our newbies playing at a good level. TKO can stop whining now and show up next week.

ICE74129
09-17-2006, 06:12 PM
All I want now is a greatly upgraded line. Maybe some stud LT will be franchised this offseason. If so give the bastards our 1st rounder and another pick and pay the man what he wants! then in FA get another Guard in here and lets be done with this for the next say...5-6 years!

LtBillsFan66
09-17-2006, 07:04 PM
I forgot what a real coach looked liked.

We have a team with a gameplan and an identity. It's refreshing.

Bill Brasky
09-17-2006, 07:07 PM
I was openly critical of his hiring, but I have to say he has completely proven myself and several others wrong with his ability to lead and motivate this squad. I know it is only 2 games into the season, but he's getting more out of this team than he should be... the offense still needs a lot of work but the defense has been surprising to say the least.

It's nice to know that we aren't going to see this team lose games due to terrible play calling, unlike seasons past.

The_Philster
09-17-2006, 07:30 PM
I wasn't a big fan of his hiring at first either. I thought he was the 2nd best candidate we interviewed for the job...behind Sherman. When it was apparent that Sherman wasn't a solid consideration (2 interviews..9 openings besides Green Bay), I figured Jauron was our best choice left...so far, so good

X-Era
09-17-2006, 07:32 PM

you, my friend, have hit the nail on the head!!!!

YardRat
09-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Four penalties (count 'em, four) for thirty yards. I can live with that.

WNYnut
09-17-2006, 07:48 PM

This is what I find most encouraging! Nothing kills drives or loses games faster than stupid penalties.

Cheers to Jauron for finally installing some discipline on this team!!

X-Era
09-17-2006, 07:50 PM

How awesome is it to say that you would rather have Losman than Culpepper. Just let that sink in for a minute.

ICE74129
09-17-2006, 08:47 PM
look we dont need to be putting a ton of kudos on the guy yet.....yet. I said from the very onset of this season, I just want to see improvment and we are starting to see it.

Turf
09-17-2006, 09:01 PM
We actually look like a football team again. I sense some coaching taking place. Remember I'm the lunatic that picked us to win the division. If JP can get some game we can go places.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2006, 09:03 PM
That's why you don't hire a rookie coach. Jauron's done this before. No GW or MM look.

ICE74129
09-17-2006, 09:28 PM
We actually look like a football team again. I sense some coaching taking place. Remember I'm the lunatic that picked us to win the division. If JP can get some game we can go places. JP will get more game when the OL does

Turf
09-17-2006, 09:41 PM
I watched JP's first sack tonight where 2 O lineman let one guy sack JP up the middle and I was like whats wrong with these two guys, how could they let one guy beat both of them straight up.
I do agree, the O-Line needs improvement. It's our weakest area followed by our run defense.

Mr. Cynical
09-17-2006, 09:46 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/customavatars/avatar2704_1.gif

C'mon...we all know this is what has happened since we hired Jauron :cynic:

:roflmao:

Well once again...just to make this perfectly clear...as usual you are the one to fire the first volley.

Perfect homer thinking. We're 1-1 and beat the lowly fish. Time to pop the cork. :rolleyes:

BigZ
09-17-2006, 10:12 PM
OL needs to be better but we're acting like a team now. Jauron will be ok.

BILLSROCK1212
09-17-2006, 10:14 PM
30 yards and a TD my friend

The_Philster
09-18-2006, 04:31 AM
Well once again...just to make this perfectly clear...as usual you are the one to fire the first volley.

Perfect homer thinking. We're 1-1 and beat the lowly fish. Time to pop the cork. :rolleyes:
If you can't see that Jauron's been doing a good job so far, we'll have to put you in the blind hatred class of posters with TDummy

alohabillsfan
09-18-2006, 04:46 AM
Here is what I liked about Jauron and his gme plan, How many times did we run left? He had Royal and Gandy leaning on Jason all day and beat him down! GREAT PLAN!

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2006, 08:24 AM

lol!

You had Jauron evaluated when the team was 0-0, so I don't know if trying to do so at 1-1 is something you can critcize.

Michael82
09-18-2006, 11:24 PM
I know the jury is still out. But he already looks better than Moolarkey has after just 2 games. :idunno:
That's easy to do. Mularkey needed to use cheeseburgers to get the players pumped up for an away game. :ill:

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 11:30 PM
How awesome is it to say that you would rather have Losman than Culpepper. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Or our D over Miami's?

Michael82
09-18-2006, 11:32 PM
I was jumping on Dick Jauron's bandwagon in training camp. I love the way he runs things. This team is so much more like a team than it ever has been. The players are all getting along and taking the blame and giving credit when due. It's refreshing to see! I also the way he has this team prepared. Both gameplans have been great. He has shown some willingness to make changes, and has also stuck with the running game even when it isn't working all the time. He has also set Losman up to succeed. I love the way he has handled that too.

I will gladly eat crow for any comments I said before about him. I like what I see and realize that Marv Levy knew what he was doing. :up:

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 11:32 PM
where the hell is that music coming from?

I can't believe someone actually made a song with the lyrics being nothing but "Dick Jauron, Jauron, Jauron"

To tell you all the truth, it's kinda embarrassing - but not as embarrasing as it is to be a Dolphins fan right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 11:34 PM
I was jumping on Dick Jauron's bandwagon in training camp. I love the way he runs things. This team is so much more like a team than it ever has been. The players are all getting along and taking the blame and giving credit when due. It's refreshing to see! I also the way he has this team prepared. Both gameplans have been great. He has shown some willingness to make changes, and has also stuck with the running game even when it isn't working all the time. He has also set Losman up to succeed. I love the way he has handled that too.

I will gladly eat crow for any comments I said before about him. I like what I see and realize that Marv Levy knew what he was doing. :up:

If being God happened through a democratic process, Marv Levy's got my vote.

Mr. Miyagi's too - in Levy we trust

Crisis
09-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Before the season I thought he was a steaming turd.

He's done well so far but everyone thought Mularkey was great after his first year here.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2006, 10:40 PM
If you can't see that Jauron's been doing a good job so far, we'll have to put you in the blind hatred class of posters with TDummy

So far all I can see is he is better than Moolarkey which is almost impossible not to be given how putrid MM was. Time will tell but I'm still not sold. You have chosen to start from the point of "he's new and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt". I chose to start from "he has to earn it because his history doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt". At this point he has not earned my respect....yet.

ublinkwescore
09-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Dick Jauron is 8 feet tall, and mows the patriots down with fire from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arce!!

Night Train
09-20-2006, 02:34 AM
Marv hired a younger version of himself.

Respect is completed with wins but Jauron was wise to have an open mind regarding his O and D Coordinators. He seems to have the players completely believing in his no nonsense " earn it " philosophy.

Such a refreshing change from the last several years.

The_Philster
09-20-2006, 04:26 AM
So far all I can see is he is better than Moolarkey which is almost impossible not to be given how putrid MM was. Time will tell but I'm still not sold. You have chosen to start from the point of "he's new and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt". I chose to start from "he has to earn it because his history doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt". At this point he has not earned my respect....yet.
your avatar and sig are telling us you're not only not giving him the beneft of the doubt, you gave up on him before we even had the draft

Jan Reimers
09-20-2006, 06:57 AM
While it's really early in his tenure, Jauron looks like the real deal. He's not only has a great understanding of football and how to best utilize his talent, but he's a superb teacher, a straight shooter, and a guy who has the utmost respect of his players.

He's perfect for a young team, and I see us being more than respectable this season, and real good in another year or so.

Dr. Lecter
09-20-2006, 07:22 AM

No, I'll say this again: Most of us are saying "We will give Jauron a chance to be good"

You have been saying "He sucks and has no chance to be good."

Earthquake Enyart
09-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Marv hired a younger version of himself.

Respect is completed with wins but Jauron was wise to have an open mind regarding his O and D Coordinators. He seems to have the players completely believing in his no nonsense " earn it " philosophy.

Such a refreshing change from the last several years.
I never thought of it this way, but you are right.

Jauron is a firm hand at the helm, but his coordinators have a lot of leeway, just like Marv. One of his biggest problems in Chicago was that he had a bad OC, and Dick stood behind him for way too long. He was loyal to a fault.

justasportsfan
09-20-2006, 08:31 AM
I might have spoken too soon. We're facing BB last minion in the ACFE. This time, he is on the offensive side. BB and Saban are defensive coaches and most of the offensive gameplan that's been decent against them should be credited to Fairchild.

This time, Dick and Perry will have to come up with a plan that will contain Chad's short passing game. Coles has had 100++ yds his first 2 games.

Their OL is young except for Mawae and with our speed, we may not have to blitz them often if at all. Just rush 4 DL and contain the middle and we should be set in the passing game.

On the offensive side, we should have the same gameplan? Pound Willis. It's agood thing Abraham is gone.

It should be interesting. NO game is a gimme in the AFCE.

Kerr
09-20-2006, 08:35 AM
I might have spoken too soon. We're facing BB last minion in the ACFE. This time, he is on the offensive side. BB and Saban are defensive coaches and most of the offensive gameplan that's been decent against them should be credited to Fairchild.

This time, Dick and Perry will have to come up with a plan that will contain Chad's short passing game. Coles has had 100++ yds his first 2 games.

Their OL is young except for Mawae and with our speed, we may not have to blitz them often if at all. Just rush 4 DL and contain the middle and we should be set in the passing game.

On the offensive side, we should have the same gameplan? Pound Willis. It's agood thing Abraham is gone.

It should be interesting. NO game is a gimme in the AFCE.

Justa, Mawae is with the titans. Nick Mangold the rookie is their center.

justasportsfan
09-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Justa, Mawae is with the titans. Nick Mangold the rookie is their center.
:oops: force of habit. :ill: That even makes it better. Either Tripplet or Williams/Anderson should have a sack up the middle. :D .

Kerr
09-20-2006, 08:43 AM
:oops: force of habit. :ill: That even makes it better. Either Tripplet or Williams/Anderson should have a sack up the middle. :D .

Hope so. Our pass rush is going to have to have another big game because pennington is going to be passing a lot. They don't have a running game whatsoever.

mysticsoto
09-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Mangold didn't play well last game (being a rookie and all) and was replaced. It'll be interesting to see who they start at Center. I believe they put in a guard last game (Katnik?) - so even Trey Teague is not taking the spot - though I think it would be nice for Tripplett and Anderson to face Teague and bowl him over in a bum rush like other teams used to do us...

ublinkwescore
09-20-2006, 11:28 AM
I thought I heard that Teague was hurt for quite a while (possibly for the season) - so how is he gonna compete for the spot?

mysticsoto
09-20-2006, 12:39 PM
I thought I heard that Teague was hurt for quite a while (possibly for the season) - so how is he gonna compete for the spot?

I don't know. I was just saying...they have him listed as #2 on their depth chart. If he's hurt, maybe they should drop him to #3...especially if he's not coming back this season...

ublinkwescore
09-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Dick Jauron is 8 feet tall, and mows the patriots down with fire from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arce!!

Que the Photoshop junkies to edit a pic of Mel Gibson as William Wallace from Braveheart with Jauron's face.

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2006, 07:50 PM
your avatar and sig are telling us you're not only not giving him the beneft of the doubt, you gave up on him before we even had the draft

You are correct. As I've been saying, nothing in his past warranted his hiring IMO. And although he could surprise me and change my mind at some point, to date I still think he is not a very good coach and the team will be slightly below 500 for the full extent of his tenure (which I predict will be 3 years)

No, I'll say this again: Most of us are saying "We will give Jauron a chance to be good"

You have been saying "He sucks and has no chance to be good."

I wouldn't say "no" chance but rather "slim to none".

ublinkwescore
09-20-2006, 11:36 PM
:limp:

Historian
09-21-2006, 05:54 AM
This is a good football coach.

That's whay I was happy with the hire.

Mr. Cynical
09-21-2006, 03:39 PM
This is a good football coach.

That's whay I was happy with the hire.

We shall see. :;

TheBrownBear
09-21-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm a pretty negative and critical guy, but I was pleased when we hired Dick Jauron. His story reminded me a lot of Levy's, and if Marv loved Dick I was behind him.

Everything I've seen so far has validated my initial reaction.

Mr. Cynical
09-21-2006, 05:01 PM
...if Marv loved Dick I was behind him.

:snicker:

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.

:;