PDA

View Full Version : Did we run the ball TOO much?

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-17-2006, 04:18 PM
For the most part, i liked the playcalling and the commitment to Willis running the ball. But there were times where we would get stopped for no gain on first down, the run right into them on second down. Then its 3rd and long

I would like to see us pass just a little more, still get McGahee his 20 plus carries, but i think we ran the ball in to many situations where it would have been more practical to pass.

Im not complaining, that was such a good win. I love our defense this year, and our commitment to the run. I just had a little problem with some of the situations when we ran the ball.

Luisito23
09-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Well since we dominated the entire game, and their defense's age average it's like a 100, pounding the rock was definetly the right thing to do.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

YardRat
09-17-2006, 04:25 PM
I would've like to see a couple of play-action passes called when the running game was really rolling.

OpIv37
09-17-2006, 04:50 PM
when you win there's no such thing as running too much. Run until they stop it.

Devin
09-17-2006, 04:53 PM
when you win there's no such thing as running too much. Run until they stop it.

Exactly.

We won, so uhhhh no. Id say we ran just enough.

northernbillfan
09-17-2006, 04:53 PM
We needed to control the clock, so they pounded the ball down Miami's throat.

If the Bills didn't slow the game down, Miami could have had a chance to get back into it.

ICE74129
09-17-2006, 04:56 PM
No we did NOT! Look going deep early and often was dumb. Run, let JP get into rythm with some medium to short stuff THEN hit them deep.

justasportsfan
09-17-2006, 04:59 PM
No we did NOT! Look going deep early and often was dumb. Run, let JP get into rythm with some medium to short stuff THEN hit them deep.
how do you like the punk?

ICE74129
09-17-2006, 05:03 PM
how do you like the punk? I think he showed up today. Its still a long season though.

G. Host
09-17-2006, 06:16 PM
No we did not. It was hot and humid so ball was slick. The goal was to eat up time, wear down defense, play field game and give our defense time off the field which Willis, Thomas, Shelton and Moorman did very well today.

ICE74129
09-17-2006, 06:21 PM
No we did not. It was hot and humid so ball was slick. The goal was to eat up time, wear down defense, play field game and give our defense time off the field which Willis, Thomas, Shelton and Moorman did very well today.

Agreed. I just wish the offense in the first 1/2 would have been called like it was in the 2nd. We went deep too often from the outset of the game. We should have helf off till later when their D was tired and they didn't know where we were going with it

G. Host
09-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Going deep got their defense tired - covering Evans, Price and Parrish made their DBs run down the field while Reed, Willis and Royal came came in to give them breaks, Remember what Jauron said - he wanted his team to run, run & run. Can you imagine trying to beat Miami in the heat other Septembers at their own game? Did you look at the Miami bench - they were exhausted!

Billzz
09-17-2006, 06:27 PM
No such thing as running the ball too much. As long as your winning your doing the right thing, period. You can pick it apart and say they should of done this or should of done that but facts are facts.

Couch coaching AFTER the game is slightly ******ed in my opinion. They came out with a game plan, executed it and it worked. What more needs to be said?

rschepise
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
The Bills played this game perfectly. The went deep early to stretch the defense, which, allowed them to pound the ball and throw the screens to Reed, Parrish, and Price. The wanted to utilize high percentage plays to keep the clock moving and shorten the game. They knew that would give them the best chance to win in the heat of Miami and they were also able to keep their defense fresh. This looks like a staff that is much more adept at game planning then last year's staff. I was very impressed with the way the staff handled the game. It wasn't that they were afraid to let Losman win the game, they wanted to do everything possible to shorten the game.

PS- Don't ever complain that we ran the ball too much in a big division win like that. If we still haf Mularkey, we throw the ball more and lose the game.